Saturn Toys 1/6 '66 Batman and Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you can email Kit and let him know you're interested. Some folks got orders in that way.

I think this release and the recent 2nd batch “Prank Villain”, with its issues, really drive home the fact that this *is* a 3rd Party company producing an unlicensed product.
You get what you pay for sometimes.
While I agree with you on the reissue of Joker, other than the shorts on Batman, there's nothing that really screams 3rd Party about this release. Many have said the the paint apps and quality of the suits are better than what HT did. And the shorts are a pretty easy fix after now doing it myself. I deal with tremors in my hands but was able to do it all buy hand with a needle and thread. Should be an even easier fix for most ppl and take less time than it did me.

While I agree with you on the reissue of Joker, other than the shorts on Batman, there's nothing that really screams 3rd Party about this release. Many have said the the paint apps and quality of the suits are better than what HT did. And the shorts are a pretty easy fix after now doing it myself. I deal with tremors in my hands but was able to do it all buy hand with a needle and thread. Should be an even easier fix for most ppl and take less time than it did me.

To my great surprise I actually liked Saturn's Robin more than Hot Toys', because the costume looked better tailored to the body.

Batman's trunks are fixable by whatever means you feel comfortable with. I got him to the point where I was happy with the torso shape versus the size of the belt, and trunks were no longer a problem.

If Mars 'improve' the re-issue by tightening up the trunks, they might be too tight to pad the body. Hence, I'm actually glad they were oversized on the original.

Really?
A non-licensed release that is a blatant swipe of a licensed product from several years ago?
Surely you jest.
I meant in terms of overall quality which is what I thought you were referring to given that you mentioned the reissue of the Joker in your post as a qualifier for it to "really drive home the fact that this *is* a 3rd Party company producing an unlicensed product. You get what you pay for"

In terms of overall quality, this release is for the most part better than the original HT. And the first run of the Joker is also pretty much HT quality aside from the final paint apps on the headsculpts. If you were to slap a HT logo on either of these releases, they'd be pretty on par is what I'm getting at, at the very least on the level of HT quality at the time of the original '66 Batman and Robin release from 9 years ago.

I meant in terms of overall quality which is what I thought you were referring to given that you mentioned the reissue of the Joker in your post as a qualifier for it to "really drive home the fact that this *is* a 3rd Party company producing an unlicensed product. You get what you pay for"

In terms of overall quality, this release is for the most part better than the original HT. And the first run of the Joker is also pretty much HT quality aside from the final paint apps on the headsculpts. If you were to slap a HT logo on either of these releases, they'd be pretty on par is what I'm getting at, at the very least on the level of HT quality at the time of the original '66 Batman and Robin release from 9 years ago.

Mars' Robin is an overall better figure, and Batman's suit is practically bullet proof compared to Hot Toys'. Though I never actually used the HT suit long enough to find out whether Batman would've laddered his tights.

There wasn't a lot to choose between the capes, and aside from Batman's trunks being too big for the body/padding, the only thing I think was better on the HT was the sculpts. And that's due to Mars adding a longer nose area so they wouldn't slot as far up under the cowl.

Even then, some will prefer Mars' less tanned paintwork.

For the price the Mars duo was well worth it, and only required quite minor adjustments until I was happy with Batman.

Mars' Robin is an overall better figure, and Batman's suit is practically bullet proof compared to Hot Toys'. Though I never actually used the HT suit long enough to find out whether Batman would've laddered his tights.

There wasn't a lot to choose between the capes, and aside from Batman's trunks being too big for the body/padding, the only thing I think was better on the HT was the sculpts. And that's due to Mars adding a longer nose area so they wouldn't slot as far up under the cowl.

Even then, some will prefer Mars' less tanned paintwork.

For the price the Mars duo was well worth it, and only required quite minor adjustments until I was happy with Batman.
Yea, I can't say I mind too much the extra bit of nose hanging out to be honest. The other mouthpieces oddly sit higher than the neutral on mine. And, I definitely prefer the more neutral flesh tone Saturn/Mars went with this time rather than the tanner color HT was using at the time of the originals. I still want to get my Tron Sam Flynn headsculpt repainted b/c he looks so tan :lol

The capes could definitely be better on both for sure. I think the collar on Robin is a bit too high/thick and the material on both seems to be two ply. However, judging from pics/old reviews, the HT ones weren’t all that different from the looks. Really hoping Jaxon and/or Unreal make some better draping ones.

But yea I agree, for the price and only minor adjustments, you really can’t beat it. Once the shorts on Batman are fixed, I think most would be hard pressed to tell the differences between the official ones and these side by side without really studying them

Loving these figures. Changed Robin's 'Batusi' right hand to a pointing hand after seeing it mentioned in here. Certainly adds some great opportunities for extra Robin sass! I superglued the middle figure down and then push a pin through the pointing finger to keep it straight. The plastic for the gloves is nice and pliable so not much effort to work it in enough to straighten it out.

P7151393.JPG

Being a California guy, I figured Adam West had a bit of a tan, so the HT version looks right to me. When I met him, he definitely had a nice tan.

Loving these figures. Changed Robin's 'Batusi' right hand to a pointing hand after seeing it mentioned in here. Certainly adds some great opportunities for extra Robin sass! I superglued the middle figure down and then push a pin through the pointing finger to keep it straight. The plastic for the gloves is nice and pliable so not much effort to work it in enough to straighten it out.

View attachment 649914
That boom box fits perfectly as a piece of equipment in the Batcave! And that expressiveness of your Joker!!! Love it!

John Keith

yO9BVSOo4qE.png

· 1 h ·

Hi Mars Toys will you be doing your own version of Batman and robin 66. Or are you just concentrating on the bad guys?

John Keith
Author
yO9BVSOo4qE.png

John J Lee I know about the Saturn toys ones but i feel mars toys would do a better job. Saturn toys just look a tad to small and the accessories are just copies of what we got from hot toys. I think we would get more for our money if mars toys and a lot more accessories and better head Sculpts

confusion.gif

John Keith

yO9BVSOo4qE.png

· 1 h ·

Hi Mars Toys will you be doing your own version of Batman and robin 66. Or are you just concentrating on the bad guys?

John Keith
Author
yO9BVSOo4qE.png

John J Lee I know about the Saturn toys ones but i feel mars toys would do a better job. Saturn toys just look a tad to small and the accessories are just copies of what we got from hot toys. I think we would get more for our money if mars toys and a lot more accessories and better head Sculpts
I mean not everyone who collects lives on social media or forums like people here do. And Mars does have like 9 different company names under them, so the confusion by some is justifiable.

Back