Statue Sano Alien 3 1/3 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice, comparing it to the SS piece is a bit unfair since it's cast from the rod puppet, but I like how they improved on it especially in the mouth area and the paints are much more vivid tho you could argue accuracy all day.... I prefer this 1:1 given the price point. I can see where they got inspiration for their paint scheme from.

Alien3.JPG

Personally I will never knock the Sideshow piece...It's my favorite Alien Statue...a close second for me is the Alien Cinemaquette

sano's 1/5 alien is still one of the best quality statue ever made, i cannot find a single fault be it sculpt or paint, other than a few dust particles that got inside the dome.

i will pay 4 figures for any statue(with reasonable scale) sano makes...but not bust.

It's nice, comparing it to the SS piece is a bit unfair since it's cast from the rod puppet, but I like how they improved on it especially in the mouth area and the paints are much more vivid tho you could argue accuracy all day.... I prefer this 1:1 given the price point. I can see where they got inspiration for their paint scheme from.

Alien3.JPG
Who makes that and how much is it?

Some more pics of the painted version which was limited to only 15 pieces worldwide!Sano definitely knocked that one out of the park!

How do you know about the painted edition? Ever since the bust kit was posted on Roswell's site I've been keeping an eye on it waiting for any news of a built up version, but never saw anything. I still can't find any links to a painted version even now.

I really wish we'd get more Dog Alien pieces. It's my favorite design and I know I'm not alone in that way of thinking! I love the original Alien and the Aliens Warrior but there's so much of those two. Hell, even the Alien Rez Warrior gets more love :-(

Yeah I can only think of 4 licensed dog statues

sideshow maquette
sideshow diorama
sideshow statue
Palisades bust

Not my favorite design though because I miss the tubes and the fin on the back

edit: the kit looks like it costs 31000 yen or $300. So it's a $900 paint job?

Yeah, thats a little high for a relatively simple paint app. :monkey1 Heck, that's more than I charge for my HCG Alien mod, and thats a full 1/1 repaint with scratch-built back tubes, new base, facial tendons/tubes, etc.

It would be a full build-up/paint, but I'll save that for the 1/1 bust as well Infecdead! :hi5:

However, I would like to see what SS does for their Legendary Bust of this (whenever THAT happens...) :impatient:

I really wish we'd get more Dog Alien pieces.

It seems likely we will get a 1:2 bust soon in the form of a legendary scale bust. Big chap and warrior are already announced and given Sideshows relationship with ADI the dog seems a given.

Not that any sideshow piece could ever compete with a Sano alien... :google

I do agree with you guys that this thing is indeed expensive but it is simply amazing.Sideshow just doesn’t get close to that in terms of quality resin,sculpt,and paint job. The ES is extremely limited.So in my opinion I think that it’s pretty fair since they ‘ve only made 15 of them. And 30 kits or so.

OMFG this sculpt & paint is EPIC. neeed waaant! hopefully sideshow will be able to do a good job like what they ve done with the new ALIENS WARRIOR BUST

Yep the design is cool.
And the Sano one is awesome. I thought it was bigger, but still. Incredibly detailed. I just need to take some time now to build it and paint...

Back