Sandtrooper w/ Orange Pauldron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the loose ankles and legs are better i take it? (I don't wanna pay 100$ for loose joints)

None of my SS stormtroopers and white pauldron sandtrooper are able to stand on their own without a stand for a long time alas. I hope the new one will be better, but I kind of doubt it.

The saving grace is that the troopers bodies are super easy strip down and take apart to fix the floppy hips/ankles. I have done it to most of my troopers.

The last notice said to have the funds ready by this Saturday 03/06/10
so thats a pretty good indicator that they will begin shipping these next week. Also they a getting these in split shipments so I'm guessing
the Flexpay orders will be the ones to ship in the second shipment .

Glad to see the wear pattern is different from the first figure. Still a bit heavy handed, but well done.

Gonna give it a repaint anyway....

This might be it for me though as far as Sandtroopers go. I have a bashed black ST on my dewback so I'm not sure if I'll pick up the last SS offering.

Yeah, I'm not get the black pauldron... 2 is ridiculous enough for me :lol

What did you do to fix the loose joints?

Just strip it down, remove the screws in the butt plate to get to the inner workings of the hips. There are disks on both hip ball joints and a plastic "wall" between them that the disks rub against. I just added some ace bandage/band aid material to both sides of the wall to increase the friction on the disks to keep the legs from flopping around.

I think I posted some pics of the mod in one of the Trooper threads.

I can't wait for this one to arrive on my door step - Sand Troopers are my favorites after all.

Come on SS - send the re-enforcements !!!

Yeah, I'm not get the black pauldron... 2 is ridiculous enough for me :lol

They did manage to get us to buy two though. If the orange was the first release I bet most would buy only the one....

It wouldn't really surprise me to see some of these at a really low price down the line. Just a hunch but it seems like, unless you're an army builder, three Sandtroopers in anyone's collection starts to feel like overkill after awhile. :huh

Back