Sandtrooper w/ Orange Pauldron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice that the end of the gun barrel being sealed, shouldn't the barrel be hollow?:confused:

It should be but Sideshow was worried you could go and rob a bank with that rifle :D Be happy they didn't put an orange plug like Master Replicas did on some replica weapons :wacky

There must have been a small edition size on this. I don't worry about the PPOs and just log on over the week ends. I was shocked to see it sold out already. Especially when there is no exclusive being offered. I do hope the my wait list converts -my wait list for the white pauldron exclusive was my first wait list order to not convert in a couple of years.

At least I have a medi orange pauldron Sandtrooper if worse comes to worse.

It should be but Sideshow was worried you could go and rob a bank with that rifle :D Be happy they didn't put an orange plug like Master Replicas did on some replica weapons :wacky

Federal Laws for replica firearms...

a) Acts prohibited

It shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm unless such firearm contains, or has affixed to it, a marking approved by the Secretary of Commerce, as provided in subsection (b) of this section.

(b) Distinctive marking or device; exception; waiver; adjustments and changes

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) or (3), each toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm shall have as an integral part, permanently affixed, a blaze orange plug inserted in the barrel of such toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm. Such plug shall be recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the barrel of such firearm.

(2) The Secretary of Commerce may provide for an alternate marking or device for any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm not capable of being marked as provided in paragraph (1) and may waive the requirement of any such marking or device for any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm that will only be used in the theatrical, movie or television industry...

(a) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the federal standard color number, solid plug permanently affixed to the muzzle end of the barrel as an integral part of the entire device and recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the barrel. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register in accordance with U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Copies of Federal Standard 595a may be obtained from the Office of Engineering and Technical Management, Chemical Technology Division, Paints Branch, General Services Administration, Washington, DC 20406. Copies may be inspected at the office of the Associate Director for Industry and Standards, National Institute for Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland, or at the Office of the Federal Register, 800 North Capitol Street, NW., suite 700, Washington, DC.

(b) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the Federal Standard color number, marking permanently affixed to the exterior surface of the barrel, covering the circumference of the barrel from the muzzle end for a depth of at least 6 millimeters. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director for the Federal Register in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Copies of Federal Standard 595a may be obtained from the Office of Engineering and Technical Management, Chemical Technology Division, Paints Branch, General Services Administration, Washington, DC 20406. Copies may be inspected at the office of the Associate Director for Industry and Standards, National Institute for Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland, or at the Office of the Federal Register, 800 North Capitol Street, NW., suite 700, Washington, DC....

etc., etc.,...
https://www.jhyphen.com/lookalike/

Don't blame them for following the law. Personally, I'd rather follow the law than have some dumb kid shot by police for aiming my product at them, forcing them to make a self-preservatory, on the spot judgment call to shoot or not. And there are a LOT of stupid kids with incompetent parents out there. :lol

Don't blame them for following the law. Personally, I'd rather follow the law than have some dumb kid shot by police for aiming my product at them, forcing them to make a self-preservatory, on the spot judgment call to shoot or not. And there are a LOT of stupid kids with incompetent parents out there. :lol

I never quite understood that law because why wouldn't the bad guys paint their real guns with orange tips and then everyone would think it was a toy and let them do whatever they wanted with it? Oh well... back to the real topic.

And there is also the Black Pauldron version to look forward to. I am quite sure SSC has that in their lineup for upcoming figures.

I kind of hope to make the black pauldron soon so the Sandtrooper story to end and to see Sideshow move to other troopers like Scout, Snowtrooper etc. :)

Federal Laws for replica firearms...

https://www.jhyphen.com/lookalike/

Of course. :lol I can imagine a masked guy entering a gas station armed with a 1:6 Lewis rifle from his Sideshow Sandtrooper figure yelling at the seller to put all the money in a bag :D

This figure has sold out at SSC website. Probably not a very high edition size considering the speed at which it is sold out

I remember the days when 3,500 EX's would sell out iin less than an hour. And this is a STORMTROOPER. Collecting ain't what it used to be.

I am curious just how many they had to sell though. Any guesses? More or less than 3,500?

I remember the days when 3,500 EX's would sell out iin less than an hour. And this is a STORMTROOPER. Collecting ain't what it used to be.

I am curious just how many they had to sell though. Any guesses? More or less than 3,500?

Well there are 7,500 total normal Stormtroopers so I would think 3500 might be about right.. maybe a tad high but close.

Well there are 7,500 total normal Stormtroopers so I would think 3500 might be about right.. maybe a tad high but close.

It still surprises me to think that at one time there was 15,000 Han Bespins and ROTS Obi-Wans, etc.

Imagine if SS started with Stormtroopers and Vader way back when how many they would have sold. Of course, they wouldn't get their new price then, but if they sold 3x as many for say $75...

Surprised there was no exclusive. Oh well, I'll pick him up from a member or something once he's released, hopefully save on shipping/duty.

He's popped up on Forbidden planet.co.uk for £89.99, but im gonna wait and get him on Play.com.

I ordered my Sandtrooper Seargent (White pad) from Forbiddenplanet.com (they have him for £74.99 so even with the £5 shipping they're still £9.99 cheaper than play.com)

With today's exchange rate, the Orange pad officer is costing me £99 direct from Sideshow (allowing for 17.5% VAT ontop of the figure + UK shipping)

To be honest, unless play.com or FB.com list him for less than £85 Including shipping, I'll stick with sideshow. I'll recieve the figure at least a month earlier (sometimes two) and you get the Sideshow great after sales service. If I'm only saving £5 - £10 going to a dealer it ain't worth it.

I wouldn't change my order now FP is 1st come 1st serve so i could lose out on getting them even if pre-ordered, and play has never let me down there. I know play is a bit more expensive sometimes but the majority of the time excluding hot toys their cheaper. Ive never ordered direct from SS but after what u said i wished id ordered the orange from them before he sold out but ah well.

I remember when this line (1/6th starwars) used to cost around 50$. But now i think sideshow is catching up with Medicom on prices(well...almost). Why the steep raise? I can understand if it's a darth vader figure But not for a sandtrooper.

production costs. liscensing fees. paying the sculptors. paying the graphic artists. the list is pretty long. not to mention the american economy is in the ^^^^ter right now.

production costs. liscensing fees. paying the sculptors. paying the graphic artists. the list is pretty long. not to mention the american economy is in the ^^^^ter right now.

It's the dumb factor. People won't hesitate to ^^^^^ about inflation, yet the same people expect a raise/cost of living increases failing to comprehend where that extra money comes from. :dunno

Back