Premium Format Sandtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, I don't care if it's inaccurate. I want the Hot Toys 1/4th and it's not going to be accurate, it's idealized. And I'm perfectly fine with that.. Just because something doesn't like something because they don't think it's good it's not automatically "OH YOU ONLY DON'T LIKE IT CAUSE OF INACCURACY". People can not like things cause they look bad too. Not only do I think that the helmet is a poor representation of a storm trooper helmet but I believe it looks bad too. Is it really that hard to wrap you head around? You can like it, I don't care. Your money.

Exactly. People can choose how they spend their money. Luckily you won't have to spend it on this. ;)

I'm not too much into accuracy and details, but it is a disappointment anyway. I was expecting this PF and in the end, the pose looks nothing natural, more like a poorly set action figure standing there awkwardly. I won't buy this.

This forum would be a pretty boring place if all anyone did was praise each piece that was announced and chime in with "bought!" posts. There tends to be a lot more to be learned by what people dislike about a piece than what they say they love. Check out any online restaurant review, ever. Good review? Most likely it'll just say "Loved it, great food!" Bad review? Those are the ones that go on for paragraphs, and might teach you something about the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
This forum would be a pretty boring place if all anyone did was praise each piece that was announced and chime in with "bought!" posts. There tends to be a lot more to be learned by what people dislike about a piece than what they say they love. Check out any online restaurant review, ever. Good review? Most likely it'll just say "Loved it, great food!" Bad review? Those are the ones that go on for paragraphs, and might teach you something about the place.
Of course, but there's a significant difference between complaining and constructive criticism.

I've been saying for years that sideshow doesn't know how to pose these PFs. they did ok with some. i have the superman and batman. those are good examples of decent poses. if you look at the original 4 SW PF, they all sucked except luke....from a pose perspective.

they seem to do better with comics for some reason. the new fett is ok, but I'm worried about the stiff looking vader. i was sold on this, until i saw it. i honestly thought it was a joke when i first saw it. its so bad. its soo GD bad. i am being serious when i say that I'm shocked that any discerning SW collector would like this. the pose is just bad. no other way to put it. its a shame too, i was ready to buy this.

Oh Rats!
I do not know why but I love the stormtrooper costumes from the original trilogy. I am by no means a rivet counter when it comes down to it. It just needs to look 'right' to me. BUT... something is just not right for me with the photos of the prototype being shown. So, at the moment, this is no longer on my must have/buy list. I am very hopeful that in hand photos will change my mind. Not worried about getting the rat either. As nice as it may be the rat is not for me.

Not to change the subject, but I'd kill for a Sandtrooper Lifesize BUST. (backpack might be a little tough to incorporate... but pauldron, ammo pouches, and weathering could be great!)

giphy.gif

I went over the pics again and decided that ill be getting this. Considering the price and my favorite trooper, this will be my only trooper pf in my collection. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end - everyone is buying this. Everytime the same [emoji23] ..

I dont like action poses, do im happy with this! Save PO.

I still think the womp rat is a strange choice for an EX. Couldn't tell you how they came to that decision.
If they used a better pose, the exclusive could have been a swap out hand with binoculars. That would have made more sense.
Not necessarily holding up to his face, but holding down by his side.

I still think the womp rat is a strange choice for an EX. Couldn't tell you how they came to that decision.
If they used a better pose, the exclusive could have been a swap out hand with binoculars. That would have made more sense.

Will be available from another source ;)

I agree, very strange exclusive :slap. The rat is very ugly and was not relevant in the movies either. Maybe real metal droid parts or binoc's or???

Will definitely pick this one up, but no need to pre-order just yet.

Nice to see a new PF that's not $500, so a pleasant surprise there.

Ordered! Looking forward to this. Don't need the rat, so I'll be getting it from my local retailer.

12898319_914820148636958_8311988639858925946_o.jpg

Looks skinny/small to me and I don't really care for the pose. It might grow on me though. Plus, Sandtroopers aren't even my favorite trooper. Will be passing on this unless I can get a really good deal.

Back