SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is somone's first SS Stormtrooper they will come to this thread first so I'm sure there will be some info covered more then once between the two threads (three if there's anything in the ST Commander thread).

On a side note, I'd love to know who has the most SS Stormtroopers/Commanders/Sandtroopers on the board.... Doesn't CrimsonBob or DG have like 7 or so? Can't remember...

I have 6 SS stormies and 1 stormie commander and 3 white pauldron sandies on order atm. I will get 2-3 orange and 3-4 black pauldron ones. If they do more variants i will get them as well. I would like a few blackhole stormies they just look cool.

If this is somone's first SS Stormtrooper they will come to this thread first so I'm sure there will be some info covered more then once between the two threads (three if there's anything in the ST Commander thread).

On a side note, I'd love to know who has the most SS Stormtroopers/Commanders/Sandtroopers on the board.... Doesn't CrimsonBob or DG have like 7 or so? Can't remember...

LOL! C-Bob beats me hands down. He's like a madman when it comes to buying troopers!

I've got;
2x Regular SS Stormies
Han & Luke as Stormies
2x Medicom White troopers
1x Medicom Shadow trooper
2x Hasbro Stormtroopers
1x Modded (medicom body) Hasbro Sandtrooper
1x Modded Marmit Sandy
1x Medicom Sandy
3x Hasbro Snowtroopers ( One on Dragon Body)
1x Modded (Dragon bodied) Hasbro At At driver

On order;
1x SS Sargeant Sandtrooper
1x SS Squad Leader Sandtrooper

And Ill get a couple of the Black Pauldron versions if they do 'em!

Sheesh. Seems like quite a lot when you write it all down.

Then there's all the clones! But I guess that's for another thread. :angelsmil

I have 6 SS stormies and 1 stormie commander and 3 white pauldron sandies on order atm. I will get 2-3 orange and 3-4 black pauldron ones. If they do more variants i will get them as well. I would like a few blackhole stormies they just look cool.

Was pretty sure it was you... So that would be a total of ten STs once the sandies arrive.... You're a madman! Guess we could have included the Han and Lukes too, eh? I have three STs, Han and Luke, one Sandtrooper en route and Orange on Pre Order... You're at least twice the freak I am, Bob :horror

Oh, almost forgot my Marmit Stormtrooper that I made into a Sandtrooper (black) for the Dewback...

LOL! C-Bob beats me hands down. He's like a madman when it comes to buying troopers!

I've got;
2x Regular SS Stormies
Han & Luke as Stormies
2x Medicom White troopers
1x Medicom Shadow trooper
2x Hasbro Stormtroopers
1x Modded (medicom body) Hasbro Sandtrooper
1x Modded Marmit Sandy
1x Medicom Sandy
3x Hasbro Snowtroopers ( One on Dragon Body)
1x Modded (Dragon bodied) Hasbro At At driver

On order;
1x SS Sargeant Sandtrooper
1x SS Squad Leader Sandtrooper

And Ill get a couple of the Black Pauldron versions if they do 'em!

Sheesh. Seems like quite a lot when you write it all down.

Then there's all the clones! But I guess that's for another thread. :angelsmil

In numbers u have more than me atm :lol I got my SS Utapau clone today :banana and got clonobi on the way.

Was pretty sure it was you... So that would be a total of ten STs once the sandies arrive.... You're a madman! Guess we could have included the Han and Lukes too, eh? I have three STs, Han and Luke, one Sandtrooper en route and Orange on Pre Order... You're at least twice the freak I am, Bob :horror

I do love my stormies, im gonna get at least 4 or more of every other type they do as well. I would have liked han an luke but id only display them with their helmets on so theres no point really :lol

wow you people have some money to spend :horror I can hardly buy one once per month...
Yea I'm just 17 years old, and work at a supermarket... so that explains it :eek:

But I hope my Piett will be here soon, and next month I can buy a Sandtrooper :rolleyes:

wow you people have some money to spend :horror I can hardly buy one once per month...
Yea I'm just 17 years old, and work at a supermarket... so that explains it :eek:

I have a full time job, but am married with a mortgage, so I'm only budgeting for about one figure per month too!

I think I'm going to have to get some kind of investment plan in order to fund these figures if I ever want more than 1 a month!

Same here, full time job and saving money for a wedding next year and I can only purchase 2 figures per quarter if that. Right now I have:
1 sandtrooper
2 stormtroopers
on order:
Luke & Han stormtrooper
orange sandtrooper

I will pick up the black sandtrooper when they are released. I personally like the sandtroopers over the stormtroopers.

Well, I need to really, really slow down. My collection is growing way too fast. I've been thinking about selling a few even. Might move my IM Mark I and III, Jor-El, Clark Kent and even considering my Pred1 and GI Joes, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, who I don't even have in my possession yet... I won a SS Sir Galahad/Michael Palin Holy Grail (clean version) figure the other day on eBay for 9.99, so I might try to pick up the rest of the Knights one at a time since they're pretty cheap.... I dunno....

Sometimes you have to let stuff go... I usually "clean house" every few months just to keep the collection fresh and cull any items I really don't care about.

Also; gives you some extra scratch for that new purchase :lol

I got my Sandtrooper today and over all I’ll give this trooper a B+. But here is how you can make it an A- figure. I extended the neck; I cut the trigger finger so that it will fit into the gun. I bent the chest armor in so that it would fit the body better. And I repainted the shoes, backpack, and a few areas on the figure. A lot of work by the way, but it looks great now, I think anyways. Tomorrow I’ll take some pics in my daughters sand pit.

S8000098-1.jpg

S8000100.jpg

S8000106.jpg

S8000107.jpg

S8000114.jpg

S8000115.jpg

S8000116.jpg

S8000109.jpg

S8000112.jpg

Lopie when ever I see your troopers I want to get a SS one. I love the mods and the weathering. Looks so much better with good weathering.

LOVE IT.

Dorgmal

Thanks Snow, I think I'm going to try something with the armor tonight if it works out I'll post pics and how I did it. I'm going to try to get the paint apps to look like the prototype SS fist did.

Sometimes you have to let stuff go... I usually "clean house" every few months just to keep the collection fresh and cull any items I really don't care about.

Also; gives you some extra scratch for that new purchase :lol

I'm getting to that point GB.... My collection is about a fraction of yours so I doubt I'd need to "clean house" too often but I can tell the first wave of cuts is a comin'! :monkey2

I just stick to Star Wars imperials mainly, and some Marvel. Ive also got a few odd bits here and there as well though. Considering i pre-ordered the 3 SS sandies back in january ive had plenty enough time to save for them :lol Sometimes i make a custom fig or 2 but their mainly cheap to make anyway.

I just stick to Star Wars imperials mainly, and some Marvel. Ive also got a few odd bits here and there as well though. Considering i pre-ordered the 3 SS sandies back in january ive had plenty enough time to save for them :lol Sometimes i make a custom fig or 2 but their mainly cheap to make anyway.

I stick to ANH, though I'm tempted by certain figures from ESB and ROTJ... I love Indy but sometimes wonder why I have, for example, Belloq and Toht. Toht is cool and people recognize him but Belloq? Only my friends that are long time Indy fans know his real name... I get lots of "Bellosh".... I have the obligatory Dark knight figures, and I do like those, as well as a few HT Superman figures. Aside from that it's just random figures, Hellboy, Abe, Predator, Iron Man etc.... I really think I get more enjoyment out of doing customs, futzing, moding, painting, etc more then just buying and throwing them on a shelf... Kinda still finding out what it is I like so damn much about the hobby, the collecting or the creating?

Back