SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had another look and it's definitely not there.

The problem is I put this thing up for auction and I've got a lot of bids on it. I don't want to cancel the bids because then I'll look like an @$$hole. I suppose I can let the auction run until the end and explain the deal to the winning bidder. I guess it's my fault for not inspecting it thoroughly before listing it, and I only caught it because a potential buyer asked me to take additional photos. I'm sure Sideshow will either send me the missing piece, a replacement, or issue a refund, but this is just stupid.

Seriously, the paintjob is better in person, but still the weathering is too stark. HT should give them some tips :)
Finally my Dewback has a rider, he has been lonely :)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well, I had to cancel this listing because I don't want my name to be attached to a jacked up product. I sent this statement to all bidders, so hopefully my integrity is intact.

This is in regards to the bid(s) you've placed on my auction for the 1/6 Sideshow Sandtrooper (item # 230391337869). I was taking updated photos of this item and discovered that the figure is missing the white shoulder pauldron, which is arguably one of the key components that separates this figure from a regular Stormtrooper. As stated in my ad, the figure is brand new in box and was sent directly from Sideshow, and I never bothered to fully inspect it. I failed to catch it before it was listed and I sincerely apologize. I've contacted Sideshow directly about the issue and will hopefully receive a replacement figure or the missing part soon. In the meantime, I regret to inform you that I will have to cancel all bidding on this auction until I the issue is resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused, but I want to run an honest and trouble free auction, and hope you can understand my decision.

I just got my Sandtrooper from the FedEx guy today and I must say that the figure looks much better in hand than in photos and I truly love this figure. I guess this trooper is just not photogenic enough. ;)

As for the loose joint issue we experienced with other SS armored bodies, my Sandie is the same as the rest of his pals. His joints are loose, loose and very loose. Couldn't even held up his hand for more than a few minutes and this is without even holding the blaster or rifle. This is bad and I will have no choice but to do some mods to the body. Come on SS, what is with the loose joints?

Well, I had to cancel this listing because I don't want my name to be attached to a jacked up product. I sent this statement to all bidders, so hopefully my integrity is intact.

This is in regards to the bid(s) you've placed on my auction for the 1/6 Sideshow Sandtrooper (item # 230391337869). I was taking updated photos of this item and discovered that the figure is missing the white shoulder pauldron, which is arguably one of the key components that separates this figure from a regular Stormtrooper. As stated in my ad, the figure is brand new in box and was sent directly from Sideshow, and I never bothered to fully inspect it. I failed to catch it before it was listed and I sincerely apologize. I've contacted Sideshow directly about the issue and will hopefully receive a replacement figure or the missing part soon. In the meantime, I regret to inform you that I will have to cancel all bidding on this auction until I the issue is resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused, but I want to run an honest and trouble free auction, and hope you can understand my decision.

Eh, I would've just revised the description and PM'd all the bidders stating that there would be a delay in shipping to the final bidder as the product had to be returned for replacement due to a defect.

Eh, I would've just revised the description and PM'd all the bidders stating that there would be a delay in shipping to the final bidder as the product had to be returned for replacement due to a defect.

I thought about that, but I think at a certain point you can no longer revise the description and I thought that I might have been past that point. Besides, I didn't know how long it might take for Sideshow to send a replacement, so I just canceled and will relist when Sideshow fixes it. No worries. Not in a hurry to sell it anyway. Too bad I'm getting out of 1/6 though. BTW, that's a pretty good costume you've got on in your avatar.

On second thought I might just send it back for a full refund.

Last edited:
Opened my Sandie aaaaaaannnndddddd....he's going back to SSC.

The right arm is loose like a marionette puppet and there is something loose rattling around in the base body that is driving me nuts.:monkey2

I just can't understand why SSC can't do one of these figs 100% right...my opinion of course. I think the paint job came out as bad as it was shown at SDCC this year. Another big dissappointment is the lack of weathering on the back pack...wtf SSC?:huh I just don't get it.

Yeah, I think it's pretty strange the pack isnt weathered. I could understand the EX gun that came with the Stormtrooper, it was small and an EX item, but a giant backpack? wtf?

Yeah, I think it's pretty strange the pack isnt weathered. I could understand the EX gun that came with the Stormtrooper, it was small and an EX item, but a giant backpack? wtf?

I think they are comparable as a company as HTs...just can't understand why the product isn't on par with theirs. At least not their 1/6th offerings. Maybe thier PF and comiquettes are better.

Maybe I just expect to much and its time to move on:rolleyes:....to HTs exclusively:banana

I think they are comparable as a company as HTs...just can't understand why the product isn't on par with theirs. At least not their 1/6th offerings. Maybe thier PF and comiquettes are better.

Maybe I just expect to much and its time to move on:rolleyes:....to HTs exclusively:banana

They're not comparable. There's a 60% price difference between the two. 60% price increase = 60% increase in quality. Luckily, Sideshow's closed that gap with their quality. I can forgive missing paint on a Sandy if I don't have to fork out $180 for the HT version. :rolleyes:

I love this figure, but it takes a lot to make it perfect. Neck extension, bending the armor, and most important is the paint apps. I paint over $100 for this figure and the paint apps should at least be better. I can't understand why SS changed the prototype it was perfect. And your right WTF the backpack isn’t even weathered very strange. Any was here is what they should look like.

S8000132.jpg

S8000140.jpg

On top of that, HT's top painter is able to supervise paint work in the factory, Sideshow has representatives at their factories but they don't get anywhere close to the ability to be hands on with the production process with their top folks as Hot Toys can. Sideshow's sculptors, painters and fabricators are domestic and do not have the luxury of just walking into the factory to see how things are going. Sideshow has to let production get so far, get sent a sample, give feedback, maybe get shipped another sample. A company outsourcing production to another country will never have the same quality as one that has its entire staff within the same region.

On top of that, HT's top painter is able to supervise paint work in the factory, Sideshow has representatives at their factories but they don't get anywhere close to the ability to be hands on with the production process with their top folks as Hot Toys can. Sideshow's sculptors, painters and fabricators are domestic and do not have the luxury of just walking into the factory to see how things are going. Sideshow has to let production get so far, get sent a sample, give feedback, maybe get shipped another sample. A company outsourcing production to another country will never have the same quality as one that has its entire staff within the same region.

I understand what you’re saying, but we live in the digital age, a simple pic would do sometimes. You can see that the paint apps on the sandtrooper suck.

I understand what you’re saying, but we live in the digital age, a simple pic would do sometimes. You can see that the paint apps on the sandtrooper suck.

Pics can also be used to hide issues as well though. Nothing beats hands-on inspection, beit in the factory personally, or a production sample shipped EMS.

It can, but at some point the mass numbers get a greenlight to be done, and if the factory workers are doing subpar work to the approved final sample, nothing can stop it, where if the factory were here, the painters could go into the factory first day of production painting, see what the masses are doing, and then go hold up hold up, this isn't what you should be doing and stop it early. Also, because of the situation, I'm sure in some instances, Sideshow's a bit of a hostage to the factory that if they press for something and the factory doesn't feel like cooperating or wants more money for the job, they may have to concede. A product line like Sideshow makes can't be easy outsourcing, it's not like clothing or other goods where there's a math almost to the production designs, Sideshow's trying to mass produce art. If you try to mass produce figures in a basic manner, you get a Hasbro level figure, basic eyes, single tone hair paints, when you try to take it to the next level with more detailed paint, weathering and things of that sort, I'm sure it's complicated to try and do that using foreign production facilities.

I guess I'm not as picky and easier to please than some of you guys but I really understand where you guys are coming from . These figures aren't cheap and you want something that you'll be happy with after spending your hard earned money.

With that being said I think as a whole this figure rocks!! I have the EX MIB and the Reg opened and displayed. Yes the paint job is heavy handed and it looks like the trooper got sprayed buy Dewback Diarrea
but I'm over all very pleased with it!

I hope in time SS puts out a Dewback. Until then I'll need to find a Hasbro one Cheap!

Last edited:
I think SS owes me more for my money than a "dewback diarrea" paint job. Maybe some guys are good with waht they get, but I'm not. My money is worth more than this. Plus the fact that they cant get this new friggin body right and tight in any scale is really disheartening. I appreciate them for what they are going, but the QC is lacking. To each his/her own, but I'd like to see a bit more for $108 bucks. Hell, I'd pay more for better QC, which is why I also buy HT. I just wish my SS collection was the definitive SW collection.

I think we should stop justifying sub par quality. If the factory can't supply, you find another. I know I do in my business.

Back