Sallah

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My 2 new Sallah Dios!!!

what outfit did you use for the last crusade sallah? has anyone got any ideas for what i can use to get a close match to this look in terms of 1/6 clothes available? i havent found anything useful so far

I take a roger moore bond white golden gun jacket, and dip it in some black tea and a white tie with some colors.....

I'd prefer the arab garb.

I can't find anything that's right. Not Ardeth Bey, unless that material takes to bleach and dying. Maybe a Hasbro Old Ben robe even though it's not a slip over.

Striped vest like his will have to be made.

I guess, but his is like one of those old night shirt's; buttons on the collar. Would prefer to find one made. There must be something out there suitable. Gotta keep looking.

Barlow is gonna be casting his Sallah head soon.

I guess, but his is like one of those old night shirt's; buttons on the collar. Would prefer to find one made. There must be something out there suitable. Gotta keep looking.

Barlow is gonna be casting his Sallah head soon.

Why don't you post a pic of the outfit? :duh

Why don't you post a pic of the outfit? :duh

I would but I can't find a good shot on google. Just the toy.

indiana-jones-action-figure-sallah.jpg

the top shirt almost looks like a typical small collar dress shirt, just extremely warn in.

Listed that as an option on the previous page. But Sallah's wearing more of a nightshirt rather than an actual robe.

I do check Barbie stuff for oddball stuff. Be surprised what's been made for her over 50 years.

Might try looking for a striped jacket that you can cut the sleeves off of? :huh

I've been looking at this costume pretty closely lately for doing the same custom. Thanks for pointing out the buttons on the collar!

Yeah - finding good reference pics is hard. Here's a couple more:
291.jpg

295.jpg

Looks like the Hasbro figure got the vest pattern right - the striped part doesn't meet the plain white fabric in a straight seam below the arms. And it also extends from the neck down the back a couple inches. Which really sucks for trying to replicate. The Sideshow Toht shirt matches the striped part pretty good.

Back