Sacrilege? The Marmit/Medicom Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryoguns

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I ever finished taking pictures of my Marmit/Medicom Boba Fett kitbash. Basically, I bought a Medicom Fett last year to try and upgrade parts for my Marmit Fett I had gotten awhile back. Eventually, I ended up breaking down both figures completely and bashing the two together over a DML body. The most involved work was sawing the Medicom neck in half so I could epoxy it to the DML neckpost. I did have to build the neck up a little with Magic sculpt as well.

The breakdown should be something like this:

DML: Body
Marmit: Boots, spats, undersuit, shin tools, wookie braids, gauntlets, blaster rifle, blaster pistol
Medicom: Kneepads, codpiece, belt, holster, waist pouches, gloves, vest/armor/cape, jetpack, and helmet

The cool part was I actually sold the leftover parts for more than either figure was bought for separately, so I came out ahead :D

Fett01.jpg

Fett02.jpg

Fett03.jpg

Fett04.jpg

Fett05.jpg

Fett06.jpg

Nice. Boba Fett is still a cool looking MoFo. Even after all these years the design is still top notch. Same with Vader. Nice work.

Anyway you could post pics of the two BEFORE you bashed them? So my lazy ass doesn't have to search for pics. :monkey3

That turned out GREAT!

I've kicked a similar idea around in my mind for quite awhile now. Now, I really want to try it!

that rocks!

Nice. Boba Fett is still a cool looking MoFo. Even after all these years the design is still top notch. Same with Vader. Nice work.

Anyway you could post pics of the two BEFORE you bashed them? So my lazy ass doesn't have to search for pics. :monkey3

I don't have any of my particular original figures, but here's a couple quick links to the regulars (more or less)

Medicom Boba Fett through SS:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=4347&utm_source=search0109

Someone's partially customized Marmit Fett on eBay:
https://cgi.ebay.com/Best-Star-Wars...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:13|39:1|240:1318

The Medicom figure was very nice, but I had my usual gripes about it (too short and too skinny, some accessories undersized). The Marmit figure had an incorrectly shaped helmet, solid vinyl vest, wrong colors on yellow parts of armor, lack of paint detail on the rocket pack, molded belt pouches, and solid plastic holster. Parts from both ended up fitting together very well, aside from the vest which was a very tight fit over the DML body. I wish I could have used the Medicom jumpsuit, but it was far too small.

very nice bash, make him a lil' weathered looking and you got yourself a 1:1 at 1/6th....:D

Back