Saban’s Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you echo my feelings on it. I'm impressed that they tried to make it a character driven story, even though I found some of the Rangers completely irritating.
Yeah, it's really odd. The tone and narrative are all over the place.

I didn't mind Rita as much as I thought I was going to. I really disliked how Goldar wasn't even a speaking character and was nothing more than a skyscraper made out of goo.
She's acting like cheesy OTT Rita from the show even tho she's not the same character at all. Very irritating.
If you're gonna change something then go all the way through, don't half-ass it.
Then again, that's pretty much how most reboots are done nowadays. Half-assed.

I wouldn't mind Goldar as Rita's actual zord tho.
Something that she was buildin' all these years...

Yeah, it's really odd. The tone and narrative are all over the place.

She's acting like cheesy OTT Rita from the show even tho she's not the same character at all. Very irritating.
If you're gonna change something then go all the way through, don't half-ass it.
Then again, that's pretty much how most reboots are done nowadays. Half-assed.

I wouldn't mind Goldar as Rita's actual zord tho.
Something that she was buildin' all these years...

Yeah I agree. She was in this quagmire of having two different personas. Hamming it up with the old school Rita lines while being the root of all evil. Just be one. :huh

Remember Austin Powers? That movie was considered a flop till video sales drove it through the roof. I'm not saying that Power Rangers will be big in video sales but you never know nowadays.

Remember Austin Powers? That movie was considered a flop till video sales drove it through the roof. I'm not saying that Power Rangers will be big in video sales but you never know nowadays.

Hellboy was also saved and got the sequel because of home video sales

Sadly that doesnt work anymore. Hellboy 3 never got off the ground because universal knows video sales wouldnt work with a hellboy 3 anymore.

Watched it again tonight. I liked it better the second time. Still wished there was more Zord fighting. They should have consulted with Pacific rim on how to do those battle scenes.

Watched it again tonight. I liked it better the second time. Still wished there was more Zord fighting. [BThey should have consulted with Pacific rim on how to do those battle scenes][/B] .

And they should have hired the people that designed the robots and the monsters to make the zords and goldar .......

Those zords will never NOT be hideous

I'm buying everyone here Power Rangers on Blu Ray for Christmas. :lol

giphy.gif

*not really*

Back