S.H. MonsterArts Alien and Predator Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: S.H. MonsterArts Alien VS Predator

I think NECA's paint job is 80% top notch, for instance, the jungle pred has that wet jungle feel to it thanks to the paint, but the details are often lacking in NECA's figures.

I LOVE the look of the Alien but its way too over priced for such a small figure! Max price should be £25!

I've been collecting long enough that the price difference between a Neca and Bandai Wolf figure is irrelevant to me and my money goes to whichever one I feel makes the best version, not excuses on why one company "settles" on making theirs due to limitations:wink1:

I agree, I dont let prices dictate what Im buying either. I buy what I want and what is the best quality, but what Im saying is NECA is a US distributor and there demographic is anyone who walks into TRU and buys a figure. It could be you it could be the 10 year old who tells his mom thats the cool "alien" monster I want and drops $15/20 bucks. The only limitations NECA has is there not going to invest in a $45/50 dollar figure that stands 5 inches tall for the average US toy fan. I mean look they make the 1/4 scale figures and there about $100 but trust me there limited those things arent filling the shelves. They produce what they think will sell and once that lot is gone they move on and decide what other figure is worth producing 1/4 scale.

Bandai/Tamashii besides a few of the power ranger figures arent domestic figures so there more geared for collectors. Moms not going to drop $45/55 dollars when theres a NECA figure at the local TRU that mom dont sees a bit of difference. Bandai/Tamashii is making toys for collectors and the Japanese market where this kind of quality is everyday.

Wolf realy looks much better than in the movie.

That wolf looks amazing. Anyone has experience how this normally turns out?

gah! I hate seeing those seam lines on the mandibles, I think they're doing a HT style headsculpt here where you just have to change mandibles for close & open mouth. I wish they would just do a separate head sculpts but that could drive up the cost too.

I don't own any toy from this company, curious to see how the production run would turn out. Hopefully as good as this.

NECA won't release their updated Wolf until next year, he'll be in the series of AvP Preds which is slated around summer-ish of 2014. I could be wrong here, things can change.

gah! I hate seeing those seam lines on the mandibles, I think they're doing a HT style headsculpt here where you just have to change mandibles for close & open mouth. I wish they would just do a separate head sculpts but that could drive up the cost too.

I don't own any toy from this company, curious to see how the production run would turn out. Hopefully as good as this.

NECA won't release their updated Wolf until next year, he'll be in the series of AvP Preds which is slated around summer-ish of 2014. I could be wrong here, things can change.

i wouldn't worry about the paint job but it might have a loose joint or some parts may pop off easier or are harder to put on.

Last edited:

with my figuarts figures or any Japanese figures such as d-arts, figma, etc, these things are top-notch quality. I'm fine with the price because the figures are that good.

All I really need to see is the announcement that they will make all of the aliens from the movies...

No idea who is making this, if ever for that matter, but that is a dream display. Photo taken from Monsterpalooza 2013.

BHxVuoPCAAADEVF.jpg:large

Dear lord that's quite nerdgasmic, check out the pred jumping with the spear on the top right, **** me that's pretty :lol

Wow!
someone NEEDS to make the queen. seriously!
She is the most under-rated character of the entire series.

Anyone have any good places online in Canada to order these figures? I had an order placed, but sadly, Super Power Collectibles is closing down. In fact, any good Canadian online toy stores would be nice to know.

Wow!
someone NEEDS to make the queen. seriously!
She is the most under-rated character of the entire series.

The Revoltech version was just re-released in case you're interested.

I can't wait for the MonsterArts figures to arrive ! :panic:

Back