S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many of these are likely to hit the production phase, though? I'd like to get excited, but I don't think we'll see half of these hit shelves. (Or online webstores and whatever)

How many of these are likely to hit the production phase, though? I'd like to get excited, but I don't think we'll see half of these hit shelves. (Or online webstores and whatever)
Only 1 of the figures from last year was ever released. Still waiting on Han from TFA

Getting:
Everything from OT
Old Han and Luke and perhaps Rey just because the figure looks so good.
ROTS Yoda
ROTS Obi-Wan

I’ll buy all the OT and PT stuff. I just wish they would actually release them all. Still waiting for OOM-9, Super Battle Droid, Grievous and Leia.

Finally getting a chance to upload some of the pics I took. The amount of Star Wars stuff they had on display was mind blowing. Got my TFA Threepio while I was there too [emoji16]

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally getting a chance to upload some of the pics I took. The amount of Star Wars stuff they had on display was mind blowing

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow dude, thanks for sharing!! How awesome was it to be there? Did you have a favorite piece?

Same question here! Any good twitter accounts or something similiar to follow? I missed out on the Anakin preorder.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Usually it's enough to just stay updated in these forums. We all try to keep everyone up to date on everything! That or there are some SH Figuarts Star Wars Facebook groups that are very active as well!

Oh man, so many figure reveals. I'm gonna try and get my thoughts in order.

Stormtrooper - Trying to see what the difference is between these new stormtrooper and the rogue one trooper.
  • Helmet looks less wide (the ‘jowel’ part looks less pronounced)
  • More accurate eye shape.
  • Armor has those edges (like the original Figuarts stormy) around the tops of the legs, top of forearm and bicep, which was not on the rouge one armour.
  • The crotch looks, thankfully, less long. That’s the thing I’m most happy about, I found that nappy/diaper looking crotch on the rogue one version to be really off putting. Belt is probably just as high, but maybe looks less noticeably high waisted with the reduced crotch.
  • The little hanging belt things are further to the side.
I’m quite happy with this, looks like an improvement on the Original ANH and Rouge one versions. And i’m psyched about the Sand Trooper, that was one of my most wanted (but, still, either might not get a release).
attachment.php

C-3P0 - They’re showing the shiny version of C-3P0 so either someone put out the old promo version by mistake, or they are thinking of releasing him with the shiny armour he should have originally been given.

Jawa and Wicket - It’s weird how sometimes they can do things like fabric and hair/fur really well, and sometimes they look way too smooth and cartoony. Wicket looks great. Jawa looks, mmmm, not the best but I’d still buy it.

The Emperor - I don’t know, the only thing movable is the neck/head and arms, the whole torso is sculpted as well as the legs, so they'd have to release this sculpted body with movable head and arms, and to also include a whole other articulated body - which seems ridiculous. So would they really release an almost entirely sculpted figure? If they did I could still see myself buying it, getting another fig with a black uniform (maybe Kylo) and getting a custom cloth robe and making it into a regular articulated figure.

Yoda - Its a prequel version rather then ESB but still it's just good to see him.

Emperor's guards - I was excited for a second till someone pointed out it's a Zero, I know I would have put them in that pose anyway but I'm just not a statue kinda person.

Boba - He looks like an improvement over the Mafex in some places, and the Mafex looks a bit better in others, and they look even in others. I like the shoulders on the figuarts, but he looks a bit too smooth around fabric of the upper legs. The lower abdomen joint looks a bit awkward like the new Vader fig, I wonder if the upper belt is suppose to sit further up like on the mafex to cover it. I kind of wish someone would tell Tamashii to either do an upper abdomen joint or don’t do one at all.
attachment.php

Other OT figures - The other figures we’ve seen multiple showings of - Leia, Jabba, R5-D4 are all looking great.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but there are 2 different placards for the Emperor.

• Emperor Palpatine – Return of the Jedi
• Emperor Palpatine’s Throne – Return of the Jedi

Which most likely means it will be 2 different releases. A full normal Emperor figure release.

Then a throne diorama released separately that will have an interchangeable lower body like that which came for Darth Maul with Maul's Sith Speeder.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but there are 2 different placards for the Emperor.

• Emperor Palpatine – Return of the Jedi
• Emperor Palpatine’s Throne – Return of the Jedi

Which most likely means it will be 2 different releases. A full normal Emperor figure release.

Then a throne diorama released separately that will have an interchangeable lower body like that which came for Darth Maul with Maul's Sith Speeder.
Good point. It will still look a bit weird if that means they're going to release an entire throne and sculpted body that's only missing two arms and a head.

The bike and skirt for Maul was pretty understandable, because you still needed the entire Maul body to go with it, but having to take the head and arms and essentially boxing the whole rest of Palpatine’s body would feel a bit wasteful. Unless he comes with extra head and arms so you end up being able to display both? Be interesting to see how this goes.

Back