S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yet toku characters like Gavan and the B-Fighters get the full chrome treatment...

attachment.php

yeah its very odd no doubt, it can be done for prod but doesnt happen all the time. tis why im interested in seein a R2 review wondering how silver/chrome that dome is for prod.

edit-
heres a R2 review by Nuu-
https://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52009098.html

hmmm look cool but i think i would be fine with black series ver to be honest.

Still looks metallic to me. That proto picture is in a much brighter environment than the review pictures

I know he doesn't need it, but why no toe articulation like the rest of the series?

yeah its very odd no doubt, it can be done for prod but doesnt happen all the time. tis why im interested in seein a R2 review wondering how silver/chrome that dome is for prod.

edit-
heres a R2 review by Nuu-
https://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52009098.html

hmmm look cool but i think i would be fine with black series ver to be honest.
I would recommend going with the model kit at the very least. Even for a black series R2 is one of the worst in that line. Out if scale, shabby paint job and looks as if it's been compacted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

if the black series R2 is good enough for you, really, I'd just stick to collecting the black series stuff. no sense in wasting money in higher priced jaoanese imports if that's your quality benchmark.

if the black series R2 is good enough for you, really, I'd just stick to collecting the black series stuff. no sense in wasting money in higher priced jaoanese imports if that's your quality benchmark.

What a horribly condescending reply.

debde9df.jpg

Couldn't live with those visible casting seams around the dome. The **** are you doing, Bandai? Guess I'll be picking up either the Mafex set and trying to fix up the Threepio, or investing some time in the model kits.

What a horribly condescending reply.

Couldn't live with those visible casting seams around the dome. The **** are you doing, Bandai? Guess I'll be picking up either the Mafex set and trying to fix up the Threepio, or investing some time in the model kits.
Yah know... the Mafex set is really pretty good. Yes C-3PO is a loose jointed mess, but literally a 1/2 hour with Krazy Glue (or Kragl if you get my meaning ;)) added to the loose spots and he is a great figure. Just needed a little tighter joints. The finish on the Mafex droids are perfect and while R2 doesn't DO as much as the SFH, he is still top notch. And Threepio is chromed on the Mafex.

Yah know... the Mafex set is really pretty good. Yes C-3PO is a loose jointed mess, but literally a 1/2 hour with Krazy Glue (or Kragl if you get my meaning ;)) added to the loose spots and he is a great figure. Just needed a little tighter joints. The finish on the Mafex droids are perfect and while R2 doesn't DO as much as the SFH, he is still top notch. And Threepio is chromed on the Mafex.

Yeah, I thought they looked great when I first saw them. Decided to wait and see what SHF did instead of adopting early. Fixing C3PO wouldn't be too difficult for me, I'm reasonably handy with that sort of thing.

Some kind of sixth sense feeling made me cancel my preorders for the two of them at the eleventh hour, maybe cold feet after the last few Star Wars SHFs I picked up not really living up to expectations...

20535424853_1329e4c7d0_b.jpg

After looking at some of these prototype pics again, I think I dodged a bullet. This is borderline fraudulent advertising in my book :lol

I agree....I also cancelled PO at the last minute. Just to look at on the shelf, the Mafex pair look way better due to chrome and weathering!

Until recently my quality benchmark was the hasbro 3 3/4" line. Up til around the gammorean guard wave, it was pretty great for the time.

Back