S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone worried about lack of news or info? For a while I've brushed it off but reading on rebelscum forums now I am starting to worry. Figuarts should be showing stuff this weekend but nothing previewed has had SW. I was attributing the lack of info to a heavy ST lineup but what could cause them to hide it? We have seen Luke, Rey and others in official non leak pictures.

It would be devastating to lose argubaly the best SW 1/12 scale line. I hope nothing happens. There's also the strange listing of r2 and 3po being listed as discontinued. Does anyone else have any insight or opinions or can we just wait?

If they don't announce anything in September, then you should worry. For now, just operate under the assumption that they've been saving reveals for Force Friday.

I really hope we don't have to wait until September, otherwise August will be a long month. It's strange how no one has spoken with bluefin reps yet. Would bandai even announce the SW line ending?

Bluefin doesn't distribute the Star Wars figure in America because of Hasbro. I doubt they'd know much about it.

Also, Qui-Gon is releasing in August.

I think there would definitely be some sort of announcement if the line was ending. I'm still holding out for some reveal over the next week. But if not, let's hope September!

That HLJ discontinued thing is normal for their figures that sell out quickly. Just their way of showing that they won't be getting any more stock of those (of course sometimes figures will pop in and out of stock from time to time though). It used to happen frequently when the line first started, seems like you had to preorder right away. But the droids have sold out most places so far, I think they're going to stay chase figures like Chewie has.

Artoo looks great. Threepio desperately needs some weathering though. Looks very detail-accurate and nicely-made but way too clean and bland-looking.

Edit: looking at Nuu's review again, it's not actually chromed, is it?

It seems the droids, particularly R2, are in scarce supplies. I looked in some shops today in Tokyo and most that carry the line didn't have the droids in stock. Amazon isn't even selling R2. You have to buy it through third parties.

As was pointed out, perhaps Bandai is waiting for Force Friday to announce new figures. At the time of Rogue One's hitting theaters, they released a lot of figures within a few months coinciding with the release of the film. Maybe that's what will hopefully happen this year as well.

Sorry to be the bearer of dread but there wouldn't be an announcement I'm afraid folks. The Sentai line died out without so much as a whimper, and they had alot of prototypes on display just before.

That said, I don't believe the SW line is done, most of the figures sold really well apart from the prequel stuff. The dragonball line for example used to go months without an announcement.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Artoo looks great. Threepio desperately needs some weathering though. Looks very detail-accurate and nicely-made but way too clean and bland-looking.

Edit: looking at Nuu's review again, it's not actually chromed, is it?
I would say c3p0 has the same metallic paint as Phasma, which puts me right off him. I don't know why Tamashii hates chrome, but it hurts these kind of figures, and mafex proved you can do chrome well.

The paint isn't the same as proto. Very disappointing but still looks better than anything else released in this scale.

Yeah he looked like he was chromed with weathering at shows and in the promo. Now it looks like a dull gold paint like Hasbro would use.

Is anyone worried about lack of news or info? For a while I've brushed it off but reading on rebelscum forums now I am starting to worry. Figuarts should be showing stuff this weekend but nothing previewed has had SW. I was attributing the lack of info to a heavy ST lineup but what could cause them to hide it? We have seen Luke, Rey and others in official non leak pictures.

It would be devastating to lose argubaly the best SW 1/12 scale line. I hope nothing happens. There's also the strange listing of r2 and 3po being listed as discontinued. Does anyone else have any insight or opinions or can we just wait?

I don't think the line is cancelled. Bandai just takes it sweet time with things. Seems like they only release a handful of Star Wars figures a year. Hell look how long it took to get 12PM R2 released :lol

The worry is that over the last 12 months we've had more than 1 figure a month, but now we're looking at over 3 months without a PO. That's not happened before with the Star Wars line.

Tamashii shifts its focus from time to time. They're definitely not gonna give up on this line unless it's selling badly in Japan. I don't see that being the case considering everyone is buying from Japan as that's the only place they're allowed to sell them. This line has seen more steam than most other Figuarts lines I've heard of, except kamen rider probably. With no SW, and scheduled figures, they're diverting attention to other lines, reps have spoken about that in interviews, factories etc, they all gotta have the capacity to keep up. Has nothing to do with a line being cancelled. And Even so Tamashii's also brought plenty of stuff back after years.

The only thing I could see is that they're annoyed by their licence limitations and you can thank Disney for that (as far as I know). But really, they're not cancelling this line, I don't think that even for a second.

Hopefully it will pick up, but I can't see them suddenly announcing a load of figures on Force Friday. They haven't done that on either of the last 2 FF's and it doesn't seem like Tamashii's style. (Unless Disney is insisting that they partake).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And in any case, as per tradition, it will be TLJ related figures. So when will we get old Ben, stormtrooper Finn etc?

I would say c3p0 has the same metallic paint as Phasma, which puts me right off him. I don't know why Tamashii hates chrome, but it hurts these kind of figures, and mafex proved you can do chrome well.

Some kind of sixth sense feeling made me cancel my preorders for the two of them at the eleventh hour, maybe cold feet after the last few Star Wars SHFs I picked up not really living up to expectations...

20535424853_1329e4c7d0_b.jpg

After looking at some of these prototype pics again, I think I dodged a bullet. This is borderline fraudulent advertising in my book :lol

yeah SHF is notorious for that, looks all chromed in proto pics and prod just slightly metallic. they have done this now for yrs. still want R2 but passing on C2 at same time feels odd, its kinda both or none thing.

any R2 reviews?

Still no news from sh star wars ? :(

i saw a few pictures their wwe street fighter and marvel line from 1:12 republic group in facebook but no star wars

yeah SHF is notorious for that, looks all chromed in proto pics and prod just slightly metallic. they have done this now for yrs. still want R2 but passing on C2 at same time feels odd, its kinda both or none thing.

any R2 reviews?

And yet toku characters like Gavan and the B-Fighters get the full chrome treatment...

attachment.php

Back