S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The black series mail doesn't have a snarling head tho, so if you want that figuarts is your best bet.

You are right: there really is no comparison between the two. That snarling SHF head is just amazing.

sw_shf_item05_detail02.jpg

I just love the alternate robed head that comes with BS Maul. It's my favorite look for him. While I own and quite like some of the SHF SW figures, especially Han, I just can't get into their Maul.

darth-maul-star-wars-black-poe-ghostal-review-the-ugly.jpg

I just love the alternate robed head that comes with BS Maul. It's my favorite look for him. While I own and quite like some of the SHF SW figures, especially Han, I just can't get into their Maul.

darth-maul-star-wars-black-poe-ghostal-review-the-ugly.jpg

So are you telling us that you prefer Black Series Darth Maul rather the SH Figuarts one?

I saw the 40th Black Series Vader with the Early Bird dio in TRU today. Wasn't terribly impressed, it just looked really cheap compared to a Figuarts or Mafex.
This is incorrect, it's with certainty the best Vader figure to date, I used to think it was the bandai kit, but pics alone disprove that.

The only one that can compete is the bandai model kit, the rest, all of them, including any and all upcoming imports are inferior.

Sadly, none of the imports are very good Vaders (except for the kit).

I just can't get into their Maul.
You don't like a perfect rendition of Ray Park in a perfect rendition of his Maul costume?

The BS one is just goofy looking, barely looks like Maul at all, and the robe head looks even worse.

The only way I can imagine someone would convince themselves the BS Maul is better; is out of resignation for not being able to snag the real one.

There aren't any Star Wars figuarts KO's yet.
So I'm guessing this is a factory reject?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-H-Figuar...099718?hash=item33c668f686:g:HHwAAOSw2xRYcySl

Btw that's pretty expensive now, when they were first released they were cheap as hell so I immediately thought they were bootlegs.

I already have 2 Mauls but I was thinking in getting one of these "bootlegs" for spare parts just in case, but if it's a factory reject I'll definitely pick one up.

Last edited:
There aren't any Star Wars figuarts KO's yet.
There's may be soon, I just saw a bootleg of shf black panther and it was spot on to the real thing, fine fabric texturing and all... Black panther has similar construction to some star wars shfs like Jango and the troopers.

They're evolving haha

What is the fastest a Star Wars figuarts figure has been released from it's first reveal to when it is actually out on the market?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

SHF-Darth-Maul-45.jpg

Sadly there's really no comparison. I used to be amazing by the black series, but after figuarts they just feel like cheap plastic toys, as opposed to collectibles. The black series mail doesn't have a snarling head tho, so if you want that figuarts is your best bet. I have my shf Darth maul displayed with the normal head though, it's a perfect likeness for Ray park as the character imo

Guess I should have been more specific. What I meant was are the parts compatible? Like can the heads be switched (and fit ok), or is it a completely different setup? The body itself for BS really isn't that bad to me. But much rather have the SHF heads (and maybe the saber). So if that all checks out, maybe I get the BS KO and find someone selling the heads (or casts).

been tempted at those loose mauls lately too... but at $60 for a loose figure, maybe better to wait it out until the eventual re-release with his speeder. who knows, maybe that one will include a cloak too.

Guess I should have been more specific. What I meant was are the parts compatible? Like can the heads be switched (and fit ok), or is it a completely different setup? The body itself for BS really isn't that bad to me. But much rather have the SHF heads (and maybe the saber). So if that all checks out, maybe I get the BS KO and find someone selling the heads (or casts).
It would look pretty off, the quality between the shf and black series is on a completely different scale, so putting the shf on the black series body would look weird imo. It just has a whole different feel, even the plastics feel and look different. I'm not sure if there are pics out there

I would say the Rogue one Vader from Mafex has it beat easily, that figure looks like a miniature suit just like Boba Fett did.

A statement like that really needs some facts and evidence before anyone will believe a BS would come close to figuarts level Gaspar.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Having just looked at pics of the Mafex, I'm very much inclined to agree with you. Mafex have got him down, flicking between that and a pic of the costume you just see how well they captured him. Have to say, I could be all in for this one. If I'd bought the BS the other day and then I'd seen this, I'd be a bit annoyed right now!

Back