S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still need Leia (and to a lesser degree Tarkin). Then it will be complete.

I was on the verge of buying the 40th BS Vader yesterday but something held me back (a disturbance in the Force?). Where can I see pics of the Rogue One Mafex Vader and when is the release?

Oh man, Chewie looks amazing. Glad to see he's the correct size too. Definitely a must buy; after those in hand pictures I think I'm ready to get Han and Chewie.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

He looks a smidge short, but close enough....and the new guy is a couple inches shorter.....

It's weird, between Mafex and Sh Figuarts, they can nail certain figures, like ANH luke or Chewie, but struggle with a cool Vader....but the Mafex Fetts look awesome - ordered both!

Amiami has chewie at $49 USD &/or $67 Canadian dollar approx...which is a helluva lot cheaper than BBTS huge mark up to $70

He looks a smidge short, but close enough....and the new guy is a couple inches shorter.....

It's weird, between Mafex and Sh Figuarts, they can nail certain figures, like ANH luke or Chewie, but struggle with a cool Vader....but the Mafex Fetts look awesome - ordered both!

Amiami has chewie at $49 USD approx...which is a helluva lot cheaper than BBTS huge mark up to $70

The BBTS price probably includes what it costs to import it to the US. Same with most, if customs feel like it, you'd probably end up paying $70 as well.

Some stores are canny with what they mark them as, I've never been stung when ordering from MyKombini and I don't think many have when using Amiami either. Never say never though, those dreaded fees can be an occupational hazard.

hey all, I have one question that has been bugging me, and back when I was known as "Matt S" I apologize for my snide (yet funny) comments that put down the obi-wan figures.......

seriously, why is the Biker Scout $150? Ironically, for the money, the Black series version was pretty great, and $120 or so cheaper? Am I missing something with the pricing on this one? It doesn't look like their Scout is as detailed, paint deco wise

Wow, Chewy looks fantastic. He seems just a touch short, but that's the only nitpick I could possibly find based on the pics. The sculpt detail and paint look incredible. Would love to own this one someday!

That mafex R1 Vader looks nice too, but something still feels off to me with him. Im with Gaspar on the Vaders for now, BS Vader wins it for me, he just looks more imposing and I honestly think the sculpt detail is superior on that one. The Figuarts ROTS vader just looks skinny, wonky and terrible to me. But maybe that's just me? idk...

Correction: The ROTS Vader is mafex actually I think lol, probably should have posted that in the other thread. So many lines to keep track of hahaha

Now that's a chewy figure that's worth collecting :clap

Figuarts are SW masters in the likeness department

Mafex Rey is also out

hey all, I have one question that has been bugging me, and back when I was known as "Matt S" I apologize for my snide (yet funny) comments that put down the obi-wan figures.......

seriously, why is the Biker Scout $150? Ironically, for the money, the Black series version was pretty great, and $120 or so cheaper? Am I missing something with the pricing on this one? It doesn't look like their Scout is as detailed, paint deco wise

2 main reasons.

1. It was an exclusive item.

2. It blows the Black series version out of the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll wait to see some finished photos for R1 Vader. He looks good but those hard plastic skirts just bug me.

Well, MAFEX Boba is even taller than SHF Kylo Ren, so I don't know how he fits perfectly with SH Figuarts...
About Vader being so tall... I don't know, he should be more huge than tall next to SHF, and MAFEX will be a giant in comparisson.
Anyway, I will buy MAFEX for sure, he looks amazing and will be far better than the BS one.

I can assure you mafex boba is only a couple of mm taller than SHF stormie. He looks boss.....let's hope Vader is full imposing baddie :)

Wow the BS Ben looks great doesnt it. I was this close to pulling the trigger and buying one a while ago. I wonder when SHF will release their version of Old Ben. That's the only reason i haven't bought BS Ben yet

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

How do you know that? Are you John Titor?
I have eyes.

They're all too skinny and proportions are off.

Jon Titor is Trump.

I would say the Rogue one Vader from Mafex has it beat easily,
Not even close, goofy looking helmet, the model kit is still better than that one, so no chance that it's better than the BS one.

A statement like that really needs some facts and evidence before anyone will believe a BS would come close to figuarts level Gaspar.
Look at the pics, those are the facts.

BS has the most accurate head, most accurate height, most accurate proportions, slightly big chest panel, but that's the only issue with it.

I'm always partial towards imports and I hate Hasbro by default, but no, the figuarts/mafex vaders are way inferior in this case.

Last edited:
Back