S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me this is real:

View attachment 295424
Oh I certainly hope so...:yess:

I really love the SHF figures and have replaced many of my Black Series ones in my collection. However...I have struggled with the parameters of my collection for some timeand have come up with a somewhat workable solution.
Primary human portrait characters (Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, Rey, Leia, Qui-Gon, etc) I will get in the SHF line. TBS is just so bleach :monkey4 in their portrait renderings that I feel they are worthless to me.
Primary mechanical or armored characters (Imperial or First Order Troopers, Droids) TBS and Bandai models are fine with me. I know that the SHF are considerably cleaner and what not, but I get so many troopers and not all are represented in SHF, plus the price is a consideration. Viewing them for 5-6 feet away, there isn't much visable difference.
And that leaves us with Vader and Ren. I got the SHF Ren (1st, helmeted) because he was better than TBS by far, especially the lightsaber. With Vader, sadly I must admit that currently the best one out there as far as proportions and size with relative accuracy is TBS. The Mafex has too many goofs in the armor and helmet for it's price and the SHF is simply too small. I am a Vader purist, once owning a Vader costume that cost me nearly 7K to be accurate to ANH, so necessarily I am very picky about my Vader figures. Hopefully there will be a SHF Rogue one Vader that will be nice and sized properly.

That's a Figuarts for sure. Joints look like it, it's on a Figuarts stand, and it's next to Figuarts Luke.

They'll probably end up fixing that face but tbh I ain't digging the robes. Wish they would just switch to clothes goods from now on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, yes, yes. I love how deep Figuarts seem to be going. Headsculpt doesn't look up to their normal standard. Hopefully it's a very early Proto!

Exclusive to the Bandai store. But in BBTS case, the high price can either be because of exclusive or popularity. They wildly overcharge even for average SHF.

Yes, it's an exclusive and only available on some sites. I'm actually selling an opened/complete one for $70 shipped in the US if you're interested! Only displayed for a little while. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for the help guys!
I think I'll hold off purchasing this.
Might be worth looking into getting a regular FO Stormy and picking up the Riot baton and shield form the SW Black release since this is so expensive.

He might be hindered, tamashii just released a figuarts whis from dragonball super with a hard plastic skirt, though for Obi Wan it might be soft material. The main brown robe may be able to be removed by popping off the arms, but the arms themselves may have to be "hidden" by soft goods if you go down that path. The inner robes will likely be impossible to do though.

Looks to be real, had a quick check on facebook and found another shot of the display with an SHFiguarts label next to it.
View attachment 295425

Am I the only one wishing that Figuarts would make a actual Falcon to go with these. Judging by the prop in the pic, makes me think this would be awesome. HT would cost too much and be two big to display but a Figuarts sized falcon could actually work :pray:

Considering how much the BS tie fighter was, a 6inch scale falcon would be astronomical anyway, and impossible to display anywhere if it was properly scaled inside and not shrunk like the old 3 3/4 inch star wars falcon was, even the new version was scaled down and it was massive for that scale of figure xD

Hey guys, I just preordered my first figuarts but Im actually new to these. I keep going back and forth between Mafex and Figuarts. Can someone give me an opinion on which one is higher quality? Specifically Captain Phasma but also generally.

Thanks for your patience as I'm sure this has been debated before.

Hey guys, I just preordered my first figuarts but Im actually new to these. I keep going back and forth between Mafex and Figuarts. Can someone give me an opinion on which one is higher quality? Specifically Captain Phasma but also generally.

Thanks for your patience as I'm sure this has been debated before.

I don't have Phasma in either line but I have two MAFEXs and have played with few others MAFEXs.

IMHO, S.H. Figuarts are better most of the time. Quality, sculpting and articulation are usually awesome. However, MAFEX offers more bang for the money, more accesories, even a stand in each figure, but it's qc is not that good (note: it's not terrible either, simply not as good).

Quality aside, it's a matter of personal preference. Many people loves MAFEX's Vader and hates SHF's Vader, but I prefer SHF's many times over MAFEX's.

I believe you should choose your figures in a case by case basis. They usually mix very well together (I have SHF and BS on same shelf and they look great).

Either way, be gentle with these figures, these aren't child stuff.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks. I appreciate your input.

Haven't gotten my first figure yet but I'm also bidding on a heavy gunner.

Bandai-Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Model-Kits-Toy-Show.jpg

Model kits. It's probably safe to skip the SHF versions of the troops, especially as the matte finish on the shoretrooper can be easily accomplished with a matte overcoat, and the death trooper has that lovely gloss. K2-S0 looks great, probably a good alternative as he's a droid, so the "feel" of the models is quite suited for him. According to thefwoosh.com, the shore trooper has optional stickers for the blue deco, and swappable pieces to get a fabric "skirt" piece, or just armour in its place.

Bandai-SH-Figuarts-Star-Wars-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Old-Ben-A-New-Hope-Toy-Show-01.jpg

Closer look at old ben, as usual the SHF doesn't look great at first, but they always turn out great.

It is gasper, the articulation is clearly in the robe itself. With the longer sleeves hard material robes really dont work too well. Tat said, if you really want Ben and/ or more OT stuff, still great to see.

The hood part looks detachable so think he's gonna come with a hood part.

Back