S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remove the neck peg, separate it into two(it's two parts) put just one part back in. Put the Stormtrooper neck peg on the side of the half peg of Luke's.

Remove the neck peg, separate it into two(it's two parts) put just one part back in. Put the Stormtrooper neck peg on the side of the half peg of Luke's.

Thanks for the response, though I'm a bit confused by it. How do I remove the neck peg on the Stormtrooper figure? Does it just pop off if I pull on it or would I have to cut it off of the figure? And separating the two parts of the trooper's neck peg can be accomplished just by pulling it off and not having to cut it? Also, what do you mean by putting the Stormtrooper's neck peg "on the side of the half peg of Luke's?" Do you mean that part of the Stormtrooper peg would be inside Luke's head and I wouldn't be changing or removing the peg in Luke's head at all?

Sorry for all the questions, but this would be my first ever customization of a figure and I would hate to buy a Stormtrooper if this change wouldn't be something I could easily pull off.

Thanks for the response, though I'm a bit confused by it. How do I remove the neck peg on the Stormtrooper figure? Does it just pop off if I pull on it or would I have to cut it off of the figure? And separating the two parts of the trooper's neck peg can be accomplished just by pulling it off and not having to cut it? Also, what do you mean by putting the Stormtrooper's neck peg "on the side of the half peg of Luke's?" Do you mean that part of the Stormtrooper peg would be inside Luke's head and I wouldn't be changing or removing the peg in Luke's head at all?

Sorry for all the questions, but this would be my first ever customization of a figure and I would hate to buy a Stormtrooper if this change wouldn't be something I could easily pull off.

Sorry, I meant to pull apart Luke's neck peg. It's basically the same as a hot toys/sideshow wrist peg. It just pulls apart and can be snapped back together. The Stormtrooper peg cannot be removed that's why you put it next to the half of Luke's peg.

Oh, gotcha, so I wouldn't do anything with the Stormtrooper helmet or neck peg after I remove the helmet, I would just pull apart the peg in Luke's head and then put it on top of the trooper's neck peg?

Yeah put the helmet on top of the trooper peg, then the trooper peg and the top half of Luke's peg would be parallel. You might want to put some of that blue tack in their too to hold it better but that's not needed.

Great idea on the Luke head....but it will be the NH Luke head which will be must screen accurate....

I used the windswept hair for the trooper felt like trash compactor scene to me.

Thanks for all your help, JonEl!

In order to possibly sacrifice screen accuracy to save quite a bit of money, can someone who owns the Clone trooper figure or the First Order figure confirm that the process to get the Luke head on one or both of them would be the same as what JonEl described for the original trilogy Stormtrooper? Both of these figures seem much easier (and cheaper) to find right now compared to the original trilogy Stormtrooper even if it wouldn't look "quite right," but I can't find the original trilogy Stormtrooper available anywhere for less than $100ish.

image.jpg

just got around to opening this after receiving it sometimes last week. sorry that it's sidewise and the glare.

I know this isn't the right thread, but I just picked up the Revoltech R2 and 3PO and although they aren't perfect, they are a pretty cool set. I'm probably one of the few that would sacrifice having all the Astro doohickey tools for a decent sculpt in scale with C3PO. Scale really Hasn't prevented me from buying what I like, so I would say to those who want a good set of droids that you don't have to customize (Bandai Model kits) give these a shot.

Just picked up a second OT Stormtrooper. OCD demanded I obey the Rule of Two...

Q8SpSNs.jpg

I'm sure accuracy purists and articulation junkies will want me burned at the stake for this, but it's become my favourite figure of the line so far. I fully acknowledge it's inaccurate, has some bad articulation choices and that more recent figures take the crown for objective bests in the line, but there's just something about this figure I really enjoy. Maybe because I always wanted a shinier, bigger, better-articulated Stormtrooper than what Kenner were offering back when I was 5, maybe because it reminds me of the old Marvel comic art. Who knows? No accounting for taste, I guess.

Is anyone else as surprised as I am that Tamashii didn't retool this into a Sandtrooper and Spacetrooper yet?

Just picked up a second OT Stormtrooper. OCD demanded I obey the Rule of Two...

Q8SpSNs.jpg

I'm sure accuracy purists and articulation junkies will want me burned at the stake for this, but it's become my favourite figure of the line so far. I fully acknowledge it's inaccurate, has some bad articulation choices and that more recent figures take the crown for objective bests in the line, but there's just something about this figure I really enjoy. Maybe because I always wanted a shinier, bigger, better-articulated Stormtrooper than what Kenner were offering back when I was 5, maybe because it reminds me of the old Marvel comic art. Who knows? No accounting for taste, I guess.

Is anyone else as surprised as I am that Tamashii didn't retool this into a Sandtrooper and Spacetrooper yet?

Do you mind sharing where you got these from and how much you spent? I'm on the hunt for one but am trying to spend less than $100 on it!

anyone want an obi one figure? I'm looking to trade for a force awakens stormtrooper.12891671_10201332163782706_1847098765468331677_o.jpg

A friend in Japan, $55 each.

I have a friend travelling to Tokyo next month. Do you know what store your friend purchased these from? /Do you know if they are still commonly available for ~50 in Japan? I appreciate your help.

Just received my first one (paid 79 shipped) and really want at least one more. The lines and finish on these are really amazing. In hand I'm not bothered at all by the helmet stylization, but it would be great if they make helmet/height varieties in the future.

I have a friend travelling to Tokyo next month. Do you know what store your friend purchased these from? /Do you know if they are still commonly available for ~50 in Japan? I appreciate your help.

Just received my first one (paid 79 shipped) and really want at least one more. The lines and finish on these are really amazing. In hand I'm not bothered at all by the helmet stylization, but it would be great if they make helmet/height varieties in the future.

Not sure, but tell them to check Nakano Broadway instead of Akihabara. Akiba's a victim of its own reputation at this point, a tourist trap where everything's overpriced.

Back