S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... ^

theres a thread for it right below this one, and its all anyones been talking about today. its really not a big deal

Thanks for the input guys. I may try to mix some paint and spot test it on the inside of one of the heads as the inside looks to be either painted or plastic that is exactly the same color as the paint. I may also try the sandpaper (super fine like 800 or 1200 grit) on the hair on the lower back of the head where a mistake would be barely noticeable.

On another note did anyone else notice a nasty chemical smell when they opened theirs up? Mine was really rotten and it made me cough for a while. No joke.

And now for a BIG WARNING: The little black ball that makes up the end of his light saber COMES OFF! Mine is now officially gone! That things is tiny and I doubt I'll ever see it again.

EDIT: Praise Cthulhu I found it! Why would they make that a separate part?!

CG on finding it! Thanks for the heads up.

Think SW postponement is okay considering Rian is changing the script. Better give him proper time to do that. I think the hunger for episode 8 is partly exacerbated by the fact that 7 left so much **** open and also rehashed so many beats. I think the only 'bandaid' apart from Rogue One is the nonmovie stuff they'll release in between. There's a Poe Dameron cb now right? Probably more ****. Disney ain't gonna let this franchise lose steam. But yeah, dunno, guess it's too bad, but as Lip said not that big a deal imo.

Also sucks about that obi paintline... Tamashii has a curse I think that there's always 1 thing somewhat wrong with it that keeps it from being perfect. Anyway his wrong shade of pants/boots annoy me more.
@Gear Awesome picture/setup!

Excellent haul :fest

I don't know whether to break down and get a couple of the OT Troopers, not a fan of the inaccurate helmets and limited articulation but then again I don't see anything better forthcoming.

I had the same dilemma, but caved in the end considering it never hurts to add another pair of OT Stormtroopers to the collection if they do do an improved version down the road, as these figures don't take up too much space.

Those Obi-wan & Luke figures with the robes look great!

It's not THAT big a deal but still sucks either way. If they're doing it to improve upon the movie I'm all for it but it seems like they're simply doing it so they can cash in on the holidays.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

It's not THAT big a deal but still sucks either way. If they're doing it to improve upon the movie I'm all for it but it seems like they're simply doing it so they can cash in on the holidays.

why would it be to "cash in"? May is just as good a release as december, arguable better, you think rushing it in 16 months vs 23 would make a better movie? IM3 was rushed out the gate and look how bad that turned out, just like toy companies, take the time and make it good, or rush it and risk losing something

I only say that it's a cash grab cuz that was explicitly mentioned in the video. Lucas Films saw how successfully it sold in December and it's part of the reason why they're moving it. I also don't want it to be rushed but it still blows that it's getting released later.

Star Wars pushed back!?!?

tumblr_inline_o1529gWykl1rb6ius_500.gif

TFA couldn't even unseat Titanic, let alone Avatar, at the box office - even without adjusting for inflation on the former's 20-year-old haul - and now they want to go head-to-head with something Cameron's been working on for six whole years?

9smmgsH.jpg

Good luck Disney, you're going to need it.

TFA couldn't even unseat Titanic, let alone Avatar, at the box office - even without adjusting for inflation on the former's 20-year-old haul - and now they want to go head-to-head with something Cameron's been working on for six whole years?

9smmgsH.jpg

Good luck Disney, you're going to need it.

Well it did unseat it domestically and by quite a bit. I think both Studios should be worried.

FYI - Obi is in stock at Hobby Search

realistically TFA is going to be the best-selling of all future SW films. Episode VIII, Rogue One, etc. aren't going to make as much as TFA did.

The thread for the Ep VIII delay has, as predicted, become yet another "TFA was a rehash of ANH/no it's not/it sucked/no it didn't" debate. It's quite entertaining.

realistically TFA is going to be the best-selling of all future SW films. Episode VIII, Rogue One, etc. aren't going to make as much as TFA did.

The thread for the Ep VIII delay has, as predicted, become yet another "TFA was a rehash of ANH/no it's not/it sucked/no it didn't" debate. It's quite entertaining.

I have to disagree the storyline was really too basic in TFA, too many questions were not answered. There was no depth

I have to disagree the storyline was really too basic in TFA, too many questions were not answered. There was no depth

I'm not talking about the storyline, I mean ticket sales & such. Episodes VIII & IX just aren't going to do the same numbers as TFA did, it's inevitable.

TFA had the advantage of being the first major SW film in a decade, the hypetrain drove it to the top. The next films don't have that huge time gap in between them, therefore the hype won't be as huge.

I can't agree more.
:)
My Jedi Luke had a black mark on its cheek and lightly rubbing it with acetone on a q-tip removed just the black mark and the printed facial work stayed unchanged.
I don't know if I'll be so bold as to use acetone.
beigoma, slowly back away from the Obi Wan Kenobi action figure before you hurt yourself.:monkey1
:)
Does obi wans shoulders pop out in two stages like the clone troopers or iron man? Put off by that armpit gap
I don't have SH clones or Ironman to compare.

When I pulled his arm out at the shoulder there was an unconnected shoulder-shaped ring "hovering" (for lack of better word) around the shoulder joint. it kinda mimics the shape of the tunic going over his shoulders on the top and wraps around underneath. The gaps on Obi-Wan are much worse in pictures than in person IMO. The bicep gap is so much better that I think it may be resculpted since initial promotional pics were taken.
That black residue on the forehead is part of the paint that bled during production. It is not a defect, strongly go against any use of agents and sanding . That is not paint you can remove on its own could damage the factory paint.

Safe route is to just paint over the spot with a flesh mix of paint.

Cover up guys, don't remove the paint, it's possible to damage the factory paint in the process:lecture
If I do any sanding it will be a test first on the hair on the bottom/back of his head. That should give me a good sense of where I stand. I may just end up leaving it alone.
CG on finding it! Thanks for the heads up.

Also sucks about that obi paintline... Tamashii has a curse I think that there's always 1 thing somewhat wrong with it that keeps it from being perfect. Anyway his wrong shade of pants/boots annoy me more.
@Gear Awesome picture/setup!
Thanks! No problem.

I hadn't even noticed a problem with the boots. I'll just pretend I didn't read that. :)

Even after all my trouble I still think this is pretty cool fig. The only problem I have with the sculpt is that his legs look a wee bit too skinny. IRL Ewan's legs may be that skinny so, no biggie. The knees joints are a little odd but they're still better than Hasbro. In hindsight I guess the black ball coming off the light saber could help get it into his hands. I just wish I had known about it before hand. I got really lucky.

Now where's my Qui-Gon?! :)

Well it did unseat it domestically and by quite a bit. I think both Studios should be worried.

FYI - Obi is in stock at Hobby Search

Beating the domestic was to be expected. Ticket prices have doubled since 1995 - from about $4.30 to about $8.50. Then consider the cost above that of 3D, IMAX, etc - if you go purely on ticket sales TFA actually hasn't come close to Titanic or Avatar.

I fully expect the domestic record will constantly be broken by big releases going forward. The new Hollywood model seems to be very front-loaded releases that make most of their money in the first two weeks, that leave theatres far sooner due to the fact they're releasing more films than ever before and the slate needs to be cleared.

Anyway, this is really a discussion for another thread. Who else is looking forward to Mace Windu?

dLvuBAW.jpg

If you had to have 5 figures revealed at toy fair coming up who would they be?

1. Rots Anakin
2. Rots Obi-Wan
3. Any Leia
4. Aotc Padme
5. Tfa Jedi Rey

Remember any figure already ahown counts as revealed.

If you had to have 5 figures revealed at toy fair coming up who would they be?

1. Rots Anakin
2. Rots Obi-Wan
3. Any Leia
4. Aotc Padme
5. Tfa Jedi Rey

Remember any figure already ahown counts as revealed.

Pilot Luke
Pilot Wedge
Bespin Han Solo
Bespin Lando Calrissian
Bossk

1. EP III. Anakin Skywalker
2. TFA Rey
3. EP IV. Han Solo
4. Hoth Escape Leia
5. EP III. Obi Wan

Back