S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got inspired by jaycepticon's IG photos and swapped out the TBS Kylo soft goods onto the SHF Kylo. Much better now, the best of both worlds.

24153396885_a6dc7122c8_c.jpg

23526613753_5c0ccb1688_c.jpg

24153399705_80bb4d8960_c.jpg

23525185354_e1e57092d4_c.jpg

sweet baby jeebus riding odins raven that looks good !:clap

which BS ren? does it matter?

I got inspired by jaycepticon's IG photos and swapped out the TBS Kylo soft goods onto the SHF Kylo. Much better now, the best of both worlds.

24153396885_a6dc7122c8_c.jpg

23526613753_5c0ccb1688_c.jpg

24153399705_80bb4d8960_c.jpg

23525185354_e1e57092d4_c.jpg

Beautiful work, brother. I trimmed abit of the fabric too and I think it's absolutely perfect. Not sure if you wanna take that extra step,lol

Amiami always puts them back up for pre order every so often. I pre ordered obi wan a week after he went up for pre order. Don't panic about mace.

Amiami always puts them back up for pre order every so often. I pre ordered obi wan a week after he went up for pre order. Don't panic about mace.

Yeah, actually I'm not too pleased with the Mace sculpt too tell the truth. I might wait on it, seems a little off then Sam Jackson IMO. Hell, I mean I'm getting so many Figuarts already, I have to draw the line somewhere right

I purchased 2 from Solarius with the express shipping when they were $49.00 & DHL got it to me in 2 days. The price has gone up but it's still cheaper then $95.
https://solarisjapan.com/products/s...figuarts-episode-vi-return-of-the-jedi-bandai

So tempted by this! Last year I decided I wouldn't get the Figuarts line but I've finally come to accept that I no longer have the money or space to collect Hot Toys like I used to (still making an exception for TFA Luke though :lol) so Figuarts have really caught my eye. I've spent the last few days looking at Luke prices on eBay and cringing!

Honestly I've been hoping that Nippon Yasan or AmiAmi would get some extra stock of the reissue and gave some available next month or that the reissue would drive the eBay prices down a bit. Question now is do I bite at this price or wait and hope the reissue comes in stock/brings eBay prices down?

What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone think they will do a new Vader? I'd prefer to get a better scaled version but part of me thinks I'll pass on the current version and they won't do an improved one (same for the Stormtrooper)

Last edited:
So tempted by this! Last year I decided I wouldn't get the Figuarts line but I've finally come to accept that I no longer have the money or space to collect Hot Toys like I used to (still making an exception for TFA Luke though :lol) so Figuarts have really caught my eye. I've spent the last few days looking at Luke prices on eBay and cringing!

Honestly I've been hoping that Nippon Yasan or AmiAmi would get some extra stock of the reissue and gave some available next month or that the reissue would drive the eBay prices down a bit. Question now is do I bite at this price or wait and hope the reissue cones in stock/brings eBay prices down?

What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone think they will do a new Vader? I'd prefer to get a better scaled version but part of me thinks I'll pass on the current version and they won't do an improved one (same for the Stormtrooper)

I would wait for the reissue release. Amiami had stock for the Vader on release day, even though it was sold out prior.

Honestly guys, I would give up hope of a new Vader, at least in the foreseeable future. It took them FOUR years to make a new figuarts Trunks in the dragonball line, and its not even out yet!

Tamashii doesnt just churn out multiple sculpts for characters unless they have to (different designs etc) If they mess up then they choose to live with it. Why do you think the OG Vader keeps getting reissued?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I would wait for the reissue release. Amiami had stock for the Vader on release day, even though it was sold out prior.

That's good to know, thanks!

Honestly guys, I would give up hope of a new Vader, at least in the foreseeable future. It took them FOUR years to make a new figuarts Trunks in the dragonball line, and its not even out yet!

Tamashii doesnt just churn out multiple sculpts for characters unless they have to (different designs etc) If they mess up then they choose to live with it. Why do you think the OG Vader keeps getting reissued?

I thought he'd only been reissued once? But thank you for the info, I'll probably grab this Vader based on this as he's too essential to miss on a slim "maybe they'll do a new version one day".

Hurrah, got my Vader reissue and Clones a few weeks earlier than expected and best of all - no customs charge! First time that's happened for me with figuarts. Not that it'll probably make much difference, but it was from AmiAmi via registered SAL.

Admittedly, I did not go through all 332 pages of this thread and I apologize for what is probably a dumb question, but how do these scale with the Black Series? Do the Mafex scale better?

Admittedly, I did not go through all 332 pages of this thread and I apologize for what is probably a dumb question, but how do these scale with the Black Series? Do the Mafex scale better?

SHF scales well with TBS except for Vader, get the Mafex version.

With my Google-Fu, I found these comparison pics online:

Bandai-SH-Figuarts-Luke-Skywalker-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Comparison-1.jpg

12038791_10153116406412826_1263767714314198336_o_zps5tgurgxf.jpg

Tamashii-Nations-Star-Wars-Stormtrooper-20.jpg

You are amazing, thank you! Is the Revoltech the Mafex line with a different name?

Revoltech Is actually Kaiyodo another company. Mafex is Medicom if that helps.

Figuarts is Bandai

BS doesn't measure up to the quality you get with Figuarts Jedi Luke

Revoltech Is actually Kaiyodo another company. Mafex is Medicom if that helps.

Figuarts is Bandai

BS doesn't measure up to the quality you get with Figuarts Jedi Luke

I think that Figuarts Luke is sexy! Is there an advantage to getting the Revoltech Stormrooper over the BS one? I am new to the series and only recently discovered that these Japanese MFRs existed! lol!

I think that Figuarts Luke is sexy! Is there an advantage to getting the Revoltech Stormrooper over the BS one? I am new to the series and only recently discovered that these Japanese MFRs existed! lol!

Articulation, but be warned Revoltech kind of gets floppy in the joints. By far excels in articulation than BS, but Figuarts would be my choice for a articulated stormtrooper. The Bandai model Stormtrooper would be another great option

It's never too late to get into the imports, they are worth the extra money if you have it IMO

Last edited:
Back