S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Articulation, but be warned Revoltech kind of gets floppy in the joints. By far excels in articulation than BS, but Figuarts would be my choice for a articulated stormtrooper. The Bandai model Stormtrooper would be another great option

Thank you, this is all really confusing to a newcomer. It seems like Mafex, figuarts, figma and revoltech are all putting out the the same figures. I wish there was a guide as to what the most popular (amongst the forum) versions were, in relation to the 1:12 Black Series. IE if someone wanted to display these next to their BS Pilot Luke and Han, they should get the Figma jedi Luke, the Mafex vader and the Revoltech Boba Fett, C3P0 and R2D2 (dunno if that's true, just made it up, but by all means, feel free to give me any tips that are widely accepted as forum truths on the best figure of each type).

I picked up the Mafex Dark Knight, both Figma and Figuarts Cap and Iron Man, Figuarts Hulk, Figma Thor, haven't opened them up yet. Trying to get my display game stronger before I open them, lose pieces of they start accumulating dust. This all started because I wanted stuff in scale with the new DC Icons figures... lol.

Thank you, this is all really confusing to a newcomer. It seems like Mafex, figuarts, figma and revoltech are all putting out the the same figures. I wish there was a guide as to what the most popular (amongst the forum) versions were, in relation to the 1:12 Black Series. IE if someone wanted to display these next to their BS Pilot Luke and Han, they should get the Figma jedi Luke, the Mafex vader and the Revoltech Boba Fett, C3P0 and R2D2 (dunno if that's true, just made it up, but by all means, feel free to give me any tips that are widely accepted as forum truths on the best figure of each type).

I picked up the Mafex Dark Knight, both Figma and Figuarts Cap and Iron Man, Figuarts Hulk, Figma Thor, haven't opened them up yet. Trying to get my display game stronger before I open them, lose pieces of they start accumulating dust. This all started because I wanted stuff in scale with the new DC Icons figures... lol.

Maybe this will help. We've done some reviews of some of the figures from each of the lines. See links below. The Figuarts Stormtrooper will give you a good comparison between the Revoltech, Figuarts and Hasbro's Black Series line.

Revoltech C-3PO
Revoltech R2-D2
Figuarts Darth Vader
Figuarts Stormtrooper
Revoltech Stromtrooper

While I haven't done reviews for the MAFEX Star Wars figures, I have them and they are among my favorite from all of the Japanese toymakers. They're more realistic in their detailing and less stylized. In fact, I've stopped buying the Revoltech figures becasue they're too stylized for my liking. Anyways, take a look at our reviews of the MAFEX The Dark Knight figures to get an idea of what you're getting with those:

MAFEX Batman
MAFEX Joker

Finally, for animated characters that don't require human-like realism, I find that Figma is among the best. Their human characters tend to fall along the lines of Revoltech figures and are too stylized for my liking.

Hope this helps!

Loving this line and can't wait to see what SHF has in store. Nice compliment to TBS.

23611282343_ae1736e21d_c.jpg

^^Sweet

As an aside, the Black Series is ****. I mean, is that even up for debate anymore? Get em' off your shelves and into the bin.

Got my SHF Kylo through the post yesterday. Simply love this figure.

I watched a few video reviews really lay into it and some even said you're probably better off with the Black series version. The rubber material on his cloak probably does get in the way of the articulation but the texturing on it, the sculpt and articulation overall are just fantastic. Can't please everyone I guess but I'm happy with him.

Unfortunately now that I have had a taste of this line, I'm probably going to end up spending more and buying more of them. The same happened with their DBZ line; once I got my hands on one that was the beginning of the end. :lol

Gonna pick up the Stormtrooper next. Is Darth Maul worth picking up even if I'm not a big fan of Episode I? He does look pretty cool, I must admit.

I watched a few video reviews really lay into it and some even said you're probably better off with the Black series version. The rubber material on his cloak probably does get in the way of the articulation but the texturing on it, the sculpt and articulation overall are just fantastic. Can't please everyone I guess but I'm happy with him.

Unfortunately now that I have had a taste of this line, I'm probably going to end up spending more and buying more of them. The same happened with their DBZ line; once I got my hands on one that was the beginning of the end. :lol

Gonna pick up the Stormtrooper next. Is Darth Maul worth picking up even if I'm not a big fan of Episode I? He does look pretty cool, I must admit.

Yes Maul is definitely worth picking up

Absolutely Darth Maul is worth it. Not even a debate

So my plan is to start Army Building... I've got 6 First Order Troopers and 4 Baton Troops Preordered, 7 Clones, 2 Droids and 2 OG Storm Troopers..
I need more original trilogy Troopers but the prices are through the roof and now over the past week I see Droid and Clone and First Order Trooper prices go through the roof as well.

I'll be making sure to have money set aside for preorders now since I am new to this. I missed a bunch of good ones this week gone due to lack of funds.

But my question is this; Do you think we'll get many reissues for Army builders? I need a good half dozen or so more of each type.
Also what's a good strategy for this, and for knowing about and getting preorders? I am a big fan of the quality of these compared to Black Series. That's not even an option I'd consider. I have the first wave, Kylo and Boba... That's all that were good. It's also not an option because my WalMart sucks.

Anyone have any experience with Nippon Yasan?
I ordered Luke Skywalker from them on the 30th Dec, knowing they were closed until 4th Jan.
But it's now the 9th and still have not had a shipped email, just seems so slow.
First time ordering from Japan for me and so far abit put off.

Also bought a Darth Maul from an eBay seller in Japan on the 29th which was posted on the 30th, have a tracking number for it and check it daily but it just seems to sit somewhere in Tokyo without moving. So frustrating

Nippon Yasan should be fine.

I ordered Luke Skywalker from them on the 30th Dec, knowing they were closed until 4th Jan.
But it's now the 9th and still have not had a shipped email, just seems so slow.

Also bought a Darth Maul from an eBay seller in Japan on the 29th which was posted on the 30th, have a tracking number for it and check it daily but it just seems to sit somewhere in Tokyo without moving. So frustrating

Nippon doesnt email you, log into your account and check the order pages, tracking should be in there. Or if you picked a slower method it will at least say shipped

I use Nippon when I want figures fast, their 4 day tracked shipping to the Uk is well worth the money, same price as normal shipping from the USA.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nippon doesnt email you, log into your account and check the order pages, tracking should be in there. Or if you picked a slower method it will at least say shipped

Don't know if I'm being stupid but I see no obvious account information page on there???

Once logged in click the big picture to the right on their home page, thats your account :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I also ordered a Luke from Nippon. They sent him out before they closed for the holidays and he arrived a few days ago. I did receive an email and confirmation page.

Back