S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What fat was getting at was that the BS don't compare to Figuarts. Compare ANY BS to a Figuart counterpart and the Figuart will always be the best. It's unfair to compare them both anyways since one carries a heftier price tag so it's really a different class all together.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

True, doesn't change the fact that some really are nice.

I find the only good ones I own are yoda (repainted) and Emperor (repainted) really nice sculpts but they arent given a fair chance by hasbro, vader is good too except for his head/helmet, really close though

I don't like the sound of having to buy a figure just to have to repaint it to make it any good. Also, I doubt I'd be a very good at painting a figure. That must require some good artistic ability.

True, doesn't change the fact that some really are nice.

Not nice enough for display, maybe to be played with by a child. Sorry to sound harsh, but are we for real here? I can't believe people actually consider them to be comparable to each other.

I don't like the sound of having to buy a figure just to have to repaint it to make it any good. Also, I doubt I'd be a very good at painting a figure. That must require some good artistic ability.

just takes practice, its not hard to do, you just have to really want to do it :lol

Every figuarts sw version is superior except for kylo ren. Best imo is luke cause it fits perfect to 1/12 scale figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figuarts Kylo is definitely superior to BS... what are you smoking? :lol
Yup, I don't own it but I've held it and posed it, better plastic, better paintjob, better finish, better articulation, smells better out of the box :lol

Has anyone noticed how these SHF smell kinda sweet when you open them? Are all Figurats like that?

Altered/modded figuarts kylo ren yes. But out of the box it's ugly. Not smoking anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, I don't own it but I've held it and posed it, better plastic, better paintjob, better finish, better articulation, smells better out of the box :lol

Has anyone noticed how these SHF smell kinda sweet when you open them? Are all Figurats like that?

Yeah, it's the hydrogenated corn syrup; it's sweeter than sugar.

Nah, some ok to decent, maybe good, figures, some, not many, and not great, so he's right, the BS as a whole is ****.

R2-D2, Luke X-Wing, Sandtrooper, Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Greedo, Stormtrooper, Clone Troopers, Vader minus the helmet, Yoda repainted, Bossk, Leia Bounty Hunter, Speeder Bike with Scout, Kylo Ren, Guavian Enforcer, Asty, Ahsoka, Kanan are all great figures from the BS line for $20 or less.

Out of these, the only ones I would re-buy as figuarts versions would be Luke X-Wing for a better sculpt/paint and Yoda if it was a ROTS version.

Wbo5gR5.jpg

No contest.

Absolutely destroys BS, let alone out of the box.

Soft goods don't belong on 6 inch figures.

R2-D2, Luke X-Wing, Sandtrooper, Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Greedo, Stormtrooper, Clone Troopers, Vader minus the helmet, Yoda repainted, Bossk, Leia Bounty Hunter, Speeder Bike with Scout, Kylo Ren, Guavian Enforcer, Asty, Ahsoka, Kanan are all great figures from the BS line for $20 or less.
Troopers are ok, it's hard to miss on those, Boba, Vader I even forgive the helmet cause it's removable and it has a superb cape, Kylo, those are ok to good, I'm hesitant to call Vader great, but I'll give you that one.

The rest, nah, at least imo.

I just absolutely hate the kind of plastic they use, the mediocre paintjobs, etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, modded they can turn up fantastic, it's weird that American companies usually nail the sculpts, only to be butchered by molds and paintjobs.

Back