S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally seen TFA. Not a perfect film for me in a technical sense at all, but the two chars I anticipated mostly, Rey and Kylo, were exactly what I hoped for.

I think a particular accessory for Rey should make it clear her figure release in SHF form now would be too much of a spoiler.

About said spoilers:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Son, your archetype for finn disturbs me.

How did you make the Mafex Vader Cape drape?

I used hot glue to attach the cape to the figure stand. That was the only way I could think of getting the cape to drape properly. If I ever change my mind it will be easy to remove from the figure stand.

That Mafex Sandtrooper custom looks awesome. Excellent mods on all of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much! I finally got around to painting the pauldron orange, I didn't have any orange paint so I mixed some red & yellow together to come up with something resembling orange. Although in this picture it appears more red than it looks in person.

Haha yeah, they guy with a huge problem lol I'm trying to control myself now and not buy more first order troopers....trying atleast. I hope soon I can start on my dioramas I'm work on a laat right now.
76f1103678b8b5c4d0f8e27d02840c8e.jpg
Haha. The more the merrier right? Oh yeah, I remember your works on the diorama you're doing. Any plans on making some OT dio?

Son, your archetype for finn disturbs me.

Uuuh...?:lol
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think I'm good with just SHF Kylo and Rey, assuming they make her, for TFA. My wallet is happy with that.:lol Other chars need to prove themselves more in VIII first for me to care enough. Wasn't so impressed by the stormies, I didn't even spot a snowtrooper and only one flametrooper moment. And well Phasma, yeah, uh folks, might wanna watch the movie before buying her...

Uuuh...?:lol
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think I'm good with just SHF Kylo and Rey, assuming they make her, for TFA. My wallet is happy with that.:lol Other chars need to prove themselves more in VIII first for me to care enough. Wasn't so impressed by the stormies, I didn't even spot a snowtrooper and only one flametrooper moment. And well Phasma, yeah, uh folks, might wanna watch the movie before buying her...

With the rate Tamashii's been popping these figures out they're definitely gonna give us the two main characters, no doubt about it. As for Phasma

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Awesome mods Scoobacca!

@Silrian Glad you liked the movie! Except for Old Luke, I think I'm going to go with you and save myself that cash on Force Awakens characters since they're most likely going to get their definitive outfits in later movies. Unless, they want to release an early version of Episode VIII's Rey because I know I want a figure of her, it's just that I don't want multiple versions like I do with Vader and Luke.
Right now my top 5 is:

1. Episode III Anakin Skywalker (I highly recommend the Episode III novel. I just finished it and I loved it!)

2. Episode III Obi Wan

3. Bespin Luke

4. Bespin Han

5. TFA Luke

Haha. The more the merrier right? Oh yeah, I remember your works on the diorama you're doing. Any plans on making some OT dio?
Oh yeah, none of which are drawn up yet but I plan on a millennium falcon(probably not the entire ship but a significant amount), throne room from ROTJ, and Endor for my scouts. Probably do the first scene from ANH as well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

@prodigy I think the difference do outweigh the similarities, but I sortof doubt whether they outnumber them...

This is interesting, the movie novelisation reveals some strong backstory bits. (Obviously, spoilers.) ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Novelization Clarifies Several Scenes from the Movie | Not Yet Rated

This actually settles quite a few things that left many, including me, wondering whether some scenes didn't play out a bit too easy, but I like all this stuff a lot.

Wow that really clarified A LOT. Hopefully we see those same revelations play out in the next two movies. Excellent article Sil

Spoiler Spoiler:

Btw can it be safe to assume most if not all have seen the movie by now? I don't mind keeping stuff in spoiler tags but what's the general consensus on this?

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I'll try

The cloth where the hood rests can move around. you can move the cloth a bit to the left and drag the front down. this way the hood will face down and cover the top part of Rens Helmet and shows more of mask only.

it's easier to play around if you lift the whole cloth the holds the hood and then play to get the position right.

here I've tried to do an illustration. excuse my skills.

View attachment 232943

also move the head like it's leaning forward.

Thanks for the picture, I'm going to try this method, as of now my kylo is hoodless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you share your mod of the cape? Looks really nice now~

Thanks so much! I used hot glue to attach the cape to the figure stand. That was the only way I could think of getting the cape to drape properly. If I ever change my mind it will be easy to remove from the figure stand.

Thanks so much! I used hot glue to attach the cape to the figure stand. That was the only way I could think of getting the cape to drape properly. If I ever change my mind it will be easy to remove from the figure stand.

Hmmm, wouldn't it have been easier to just take the wire out and sew a weight on the cape edge?

How easily can the cape on the mafex be removed? If you have the skills to mess with the wired cape seems to me like it's easier to just make a non-wired cape, no need to ruin the wired one.

Its weird now that you think about it, that there have been 4 different designs for Vader, all slightly different, and every figure seems to take design after a different one; figuarts was ROTJ, with the wider helmet, Mafex was Empire. ANH is the only one no one seems to like making, because of the fabric that goes over the shoulder armor instead of under.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

IMG_20151230_153429.jpg

Mine came today sh figuarts did amazing job on this piece.I prefer to display without unhood version its better in my opinion

Back