S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bandai kit looks pretty spot on but I think they both look good. I haven't purchased any of the model kits but have been close several times. Especially for the price they are killer.

My SHFA FO Troopers are out for delivery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only problem with the model kits is that they look really stiff. They don't really look completely natural to me like the figuarts.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have owned every single bandai model kit & the only one I think is excellent would be C-3PO. All the other ones have some issue.

I purchased a Black Series Maul cloak for my Figuarts Maul thinking it would be compatible. What do you guys think? The cloth one better?

e0d634cba104db30d18f54646186f7a4.jpg
8946b6285d346311d6e7c4a2d278822e.jpg

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! I used hot glue to attach the cape to the figure stand. That was the only way I could think of getting the cape to drape properly. If I ever change my mind it will be easy to remove from the figure stand.

That's it? So easy and the result is great! Thanks!

@prodigy can't you sink the head in more? if not, just go with the cloth and mod the sleeves(cut till arm joint) if you haven't already :)

@prodigy can't you sink the head in more? if not, just go with the cloth and mod the sleeves(cut till arm joint) if you haven't already :)

I tried but it won't go in anymore. Sucks cuz if it weren't for that small problem, the cloak wouldn't look too bad. It was worth a try though. I even shaved a good chunk of rubber away with an scalpel from the inside part of the hood and it's still not enough. I'll play around with it and hopefully it'll work out but for now I'm gonna look at some cloth ones.

I purchased a Black Series Maul cloak for my Figuarts Maul thinking it would be compatible. What do you guys think? The cloth one better?

I thought it would work too but it doesn't really seem to fit. Bummer.

I have owned every single bandai model kit & the only one I think is excellent would be C-3PO. All the other ones have some issue.
Im curious to see what you think is wrong with them? To me the scout and stormtrooper are near perfect, and a bit of silver sharpie makes Boba Fett look amazing. Infact, the only one I dont like IS C3P0 because of his lack of articulation. There was so much more they could have done with him imo.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I thought it would work too but it doesn't really seem to fit. Bummer.

Oh well, I may just use the BS Palpatine robe since I believe I saw a Maul with it and turned out pretty good. If not there's always that guy on eBay.

On another note do the model kits require any painting at all? I'm fine with some panel lining for detail but I don't want to have to paint things. That's where I draw the line :lecture

Im curious to see what you think is wrong with them? To me the scout and stormtrooper are near perfect, and a bit of silver sharpie makes Boba Fett look amazing. Infact, the only one I dont like IS C3P0 because of his lack of articulation. There was so much more they could have done with him imo.

I think they're OT trooper is their best figure model so far. The articulation and sculpt is incredible. I have Boba Fett on his way. Definitely looking forward to weathering him up.

Oh well, I may just use the BS Palpatine robe since I believe I saw a Maul with it and turned out pretty good. If not there's always that guy on eBay.

On another note do the model kits require any painting at all? I'm fine with some panel lining for detail but I don't want to have to paint things. That's where I draw the line :lecture

They don't require it but some minor painting in places is up to your discretion. The stormtrooper I left unpainted except for his blasters which I hit up with some silver dry brushing to give them a gunmetal look. With Boba, I will be weathering his clothes and giving his armor nicks and scuffs. But it's totally up to you how far you take that. I go for screen accuracy.

I think their vehicle model kits are incredible. For the figures, I'll just stick with black series for most troopers and helmeted characters. The model kit Boba Fett looks ok, but I can't stand the legs. They look so plastic-like to me.

Yeah the Bandai FO Troop will be my first model kit. I think it looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid question, especially since I've been collecting SHF's for over a year but does Bandai make both SHF and these models kits? Pretty weird if they did.

They do, but it seems to be a different team that works on them hence the varying sculpt work.

No, Tamashii makes figuarts, Bandai is just the parent company. They have different artists, sculptors etc to the model kit sets, which Bandai makes themselves.

Bandai make use of the joint system for the model kits though, hence why they seem so similar.

Back