S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite the obvious size issue, this pic makes me pretty excited to get Vader.

I initially passed on Vader based on photos, but was happy to have him in the end. Needs futzing; surprising number of moving parts. A touch short, not as much as you might think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The size hasn't really bothered me about vader. Like most have said, he's a very solid figure. I really like him.

Photo review of Darth Maul at hacchaka:

2a20d3b7-s.jpg
That's one way to shave your armpits...
Figuarts Vader must feel so inadequate size wise. View attachment 213009
Damn, seeing them side by side really squashes any doubt.
Yeah, it was a pretty big blunder on their part. I do expect to see a 2.0 sooner than later though.
If I know Tamashii well enough, a 2.0 won't be anything drastically different from the original. Especially if it requires using more material to make him larger scale, I personally don't see it happening. They can re-release him all they want but the scale is set in stone. I sold my Figuart and ordered the Mafex Vader solely for that reason. Hopefully that one turns out good if he ever gets released that is...
I kinda think people are gonna be disappointed if they expect an upscaled vader. I've never seen ANY pure 'do-over' of a figure from tamashii. Like at all. Do present me an example if anyone has one.

Anyone have any links to more pictures of these from the Japan hobby show? I'm really eager to see more of the dioramas that were on display with these figures, especially the Naboo generator room where obi and Maul are fighting. That thing looks great.

Order shipped from CD Japan. Have to admit I was worried after reading the online reviews for their service as it appeared to be all over the place. Needless to say they will get a good rating from me and i will use them again.

Need more OT figures and faster. This one at a time business every couple of months is torture. I guess i'm just use to waves from the Hasbro days.

I kinda think people are gonna be disappointed if they expect an upscaled vader. I've never seen ANY pure 'do-over' of a figure from tamashii. Like at all. Do present me an example if anyone has one.

Birth Godzilla is a PRIME example of them "re-doing" a figure. All new joints, refined sculpting and more accurate paintwork. Everything that was done on that figure was new. They could have just repainted the first release and called it a day.

I'd say we will probably see another Vader, maybe from the ROTS with corrected height. But I'm sold on this one. It's not perfect but it's one of the better offerings to date.

PS: My Maul ordered from CDJapan hasn't shipped yet. What's the turn around time? I ordered today around 3am.

They got so many things right on Vader, I don't even think they'd have to completely start over. When you consider the height he gains with his legs extended, if the size of the masked head was as big as it should be based on the unmasked head, and if his midsection piece (between his control panel and belt) was just slightly longer you'd have a perfect Vader.

So essentially they would need to re-sculpt the whole helmet, new legs (entirely since they wont just be longer, but need to be wider to be more proportionate) and the entire midsection.

This = New sculpted figure.

I wonder if they will do all three versions of Obi-Wan. I didn't realize that his outfit for TPM and AOTC were so similar

Only ROTS was a slight difference

I wonder if it's worth doing all three versions

I would buy all three. I especially want rots.

I remember one of the costume designers once remarking that Obi-wan's costume is supposed to be canonically the same throughout, including ANH...which is stupid since it looks very different in ANH.

To be honest I was and still not a fan of Obi-Wan's TPM and AOTC's light saber design.. Looked liked a bad sci fi prop

As for Vader there is much they can improve on the Figuarts Vader. IMO what disappointed me the most is they went with this cape look

When I wish we could get this as well

I really wish since the Figuarts cape is easily removable, why not an extra cape and how in the hell did they miss not having a hilt that attached to his outfit like Luke

Qui Gonn's is worse

Looks like a electric shaver crossed with a flashlight in a shape of a churro

Last edited:
My first Figuarts figure will be Maul. I can't wait. I have that same giddy feeling I had when I was awaiting my first Hot Toys figure. :D

There's too much inaccuracies on Vader that it makes it hard to justify buying the figure. Small head, short body. And the cape / cloth part isn't done as well as kylo or maul. It looks kinda flat and doesn't have that high end figuarts feel to the overall figure.

Back