S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great and all, but we already knew IG-11 was coming. Shame nothing actually new was revealed. A deluxe Bespin Luke w/ Yoda would have blown the roof off the joint.

That's great and all, but we already knew IG-11 was coming. Shame nothing actually new was revealed. A deluxe Bespin Luke w/ Yoda would have blown the roof off the joint.

We didn't really know he was coming, I think there's still over a dozen prototypes that have been shown that have no release date. They showed Jabba the Hutt at literally their first SHF Star Wars exhibition but he's still not released.

But anyway I'm excited to have him on the way, I kind of hope they include something like an extra baby Yoda head.

We didn't really know he was coming, I think there's still over a dozen prototypes that have been shown that have no release date. They showed Jabba the Hutt at literally their first SHF Star Wars exhibition but he's still not released.

But anyway I'm excited to have him on the way, I kind of hope they include something like an extra baby Yoda head.

It was almost guaranteed though.
We already know SHF's The Child will come with that bag/carrier that IG11 carries him/her/it in. So it was always safe to assume they'd follow through.
But yeah, i echo your sentiments that its a good release to have for those who like the character. While expected, its nice to get some confirmation.

It was almost guaranteed though.
We already know SHF's The Child will come with that bag/carrier that IG11 carries him/her/it in. So it was always safe to assume they'd follow through.
But yeah, i echo your sentiments that its a good release to have for those who like the character. While expected, its nice to get some confirmation.

They need to stop showing off all those prototypes, and then never putting them up for preorder. Its pretty frustrating. So for me as a fan of this character, I was actually pretty relieved with the news of him up next.

?You still have much to learn, my apprentice.?

Most of my pictures annoy me once I sit back and pick them apart, but I really like how this one turned out. I hope you enjoy it as well. Happy Friday!
eb1757396341b69d611a9212bd22ddc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a bunch of photos of the SHF Mandalorian i found on Instagram. Including some comparisons
I don't own any of these.

101237754_264215961604200_8557693860509894067_n(1).jpg
101431308_917145892067389_8299510111372627668_n(1).jpg
101025680_681384912644158_1703615567278755409_n(1).jpg
101037444_245479013544219_7577936371467048652_n.jpg
101088597_309472443381606_392213526797958752_n(1).jpg

All in all i would say i'm kinda disappointed with how this figure has turned out. Mafex seems to have the better proportioned Mandalorian.
Once again, SHF prove that they just can't seem to get these Mandalorian armour right. Jango, Boba, and now Mando.
The most glaring issues are the proportion of the head to the torso. I don't know if the head is too small, or the torso is too big. But im guessing it could be a bit of both.
Another area where it lets itself down is the cape. While Black Series Mando looks like he's wearing a big scarf, SHF Mando looks like he's wearing a blanket. That thing looks huge. However, with some futzing, perhaps it can be tamed to something a bit more presentable. At the price we pay for an SHF, its gonna be hard to justify buying a custom cape.
And finally his height. Mando might not be the tallest, but he should at least be as tall as a SHF Stormtrooper. Right?
But that being said... SHF Mandalorian will still most likely replace the Black Series on my shelf. Even with all its problems, the better articulation, the helmet that doesn't curve inwards at the bottom, the better attention to detail (strap that connects to the rifle), all these factors still make this seem like it deserves to be displayed.
At least until the MAFEX Mandalorian drops.

This pic makes me think the neck joint is too short they removed the head and added blue tac and put it back on and it looks great like that.75C99385-0CEA-45BE-B6FA-01C1DF221F66.jpeg

Cancelled my mando pre order from amiami since it was delayed, liking the Mafex a lot more.

The SHF just lacks detail to me idk

Cancelled my mando pre order from amiami since it was delayed, liking the Mafex a lot more.

The SHF just lacks detail to me idk

I really wanted to be a staunch SHF fan but almost all of their armoured figures have issues -- my chief complaints being their heads are often undersized and their helmets inaccurate.

Don't suppose anyone has a recommended importer for IG-11, by any chance? I tried googling around, but I kept finding really lousy reviews of the places that were listing him.

Back