S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet Bandai probably figures the Han and Luke Stormtrooper model kits cover their bases with Stormtrooper variants.

It?s like Bandai is being held back or something. So much of this would be easy money for them.

Hasbro.

Hasbro is what's holding them back. Too many people going,"Black Series is better! Why pay 4 times as much as the Black Series figure?"

EDIT: Though I hope this https://cinema.tamashii.jp/?_ga=2.136178353.1426043367.1588541295-45292120.1580077149 means that we're about to see these prototypes being released more regularly.

TAMASHII NATIONS has been developing collector's figures for over 200 Western movies .
TAMASHII NATIONS will open "Enjoy mail order figure site" for foreign movie figure fans
on Thursday, May 28th.

In addition to the latest information and sales of figure products, we plan to deliver content that allows you to enjoy Western-style figures, such as columns related to Western-style figures, Omo-Sha Gallery and the
latest movie news !
Please look forward to it.

Todd McFarlane just said in a recent interview that the japan import companies are ripping collectors off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course he's gonna say that, when the Mafex versions of Batman and Superman are the biggest threat to his crummy statue figure line.

Hasbro.

Hasbro is what's holding them back. Too many people going,"Black Series is better! Why pay 4 times as much as the Black Series figure?"

I mean when Hasbro tries, they put out really great figures. Figures like the recent Black Series Count Dooku, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padawan), Commander Bly, Bespin Han Solo, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Lando in Jabba?s Palace disguise, Gammorean Guard, etc. 40th Anniversary Vader, Snowspeeder Luke and Hoth Rebel Trooper are amazing and well worth the $20 price tag.

I?d argue the Hasbro Count Dooku is waaaay better than the S.H. figuarts Dooku. I don?t think their Dooku is worth 4x the price of the black series.

But then when I hold the S.H. figuarts Darth Maul and Farmboy Luke, I look at the BS Hasbro Maul and Luke and think ?wtf were they doing??

Hasbro is getting better but I think that?s because S.H. figuarts has been knocking their figures out of the park. Hasbro is definitely copying their Asian competition. Things like the face printing tech, the articulation and thinner bodies really indicate that they?ve been given a run for their money.

Hasbro’s General Grievous is awful with it’s rubbery limbs, crappy paint apps and crappy cape. I want to see Bandai release theirs.

I mean when Hasbro tries, they put out really great figures. Figures like the recent Black Series Count Dooku, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padawan), Commander Bly, Bespin Han Solo, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Lando in Jabba?s Palace disguise, Gammorean Guard, etc. 40th Anniversary Vader, Snowspeeder Luke and Hoth Rebel Trooper are amazing and well worth the $20 price tag.

I?d argue the Hasbro Count Dooku is waaaay better than the S.H. figuarts Dooku. I don?t think their Dooku is worth 4x the price of the black series.

But then when I hold the S.H. figuarts Darth Maul and Farmboy Luke, I look at the BS Hasbro Maul and Luke and think ?wtf were they doing??

Hasbro is getting better but I think that?s because S.H. figuarts has been knocking their figures out of the park. Hasbro is definitely copying their Asian competition. Things like the face printing tech, the articulation and thinner bodies really indicate that they?ve been given a run for their money.

Hasbro’s General Grievous is awful with it’s rubbery limbs, crappy paint apps and crappy cape. I want to see Bandai release theirs.

This is so true. And competition is healthy so we all win as consumers when these companies race against each other to make improvements and solicit our money. Hasbro was on the verge of losing lots of customers to imports about a year or two years ago around the time of the ANH Leia debacle. Since then they have gradually made significant improvements and adopted much of SHF technology. I went from almost completely contemplating selling off BS and never buying again to buying most as they release. I still get imports but in the past the BS were stand ins until they could be replaced. Now Dooku is my first BS taking the place of the SHF version. Things are getting interesting for certain.

I did it the right way I only started buying BS human figures when they earned my money with their face printing I waited patiently all these years.

Pre face print every BS human looked like my neighbor freddy including Leia.

SHFA Han, Luke, Leia, Obi, Maul and Mafex Boba are spectacular.

Except for that gold hair on Luke lol

The Black Series figures are only good, because they're $20. They don't articulate as well as Figuarts, they usually don't come with more than one or two accessories, and the quality of plastic is worse, which is reflected when things on the black series start to warp and yellow. If I had to pick between SHF Mace or BS Mace, and they were both the same price, I'd pick SHF Mace.

I appreciate that Hasbro has been improving their game, but they're only ever going to produce a placeholder in my collection while I wait for the SHF version.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little salty because I recently got the BS Bespin Luke, and that thing has a nice head sculpt but can't pose worth a damn. I'm looking forward to receiving the Snowspeeder Luke, because that one does look good.

They usually release info in late morning or early afternoon. Still time. Only 7:50am here at the moment.

Hopefully something good gets solicited after I watch Westworld tonight. Though, I'll be disappointed if it's something without a human likeness again.

The Black Series figures are only good, because they're $20. They don't articulate as well as Figuarts, they usually don't come with more than one or two accessories, and the quality of plastic is worse, which is reflected when things on the black series start to warp and yellow. If I had to pick between SHF Mace or BS Mace, and they were both the same price, I'd pick SHF Mace.

I appreciate that Hasbro has been improving their game, but they're only ever going to produce a placeholder in my collection while I wait for the SHF version.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little salty because I recently got the BS Bespin Luke, and that thing has a nice head sculpt but can't pose worth a damn. I'm looking forward to receiving the Snowspeeder Luke, because that one does look good.

Reviews are popping up now for Hoth Luke he came out great.

Hopefully something good gets solicited after I watch Westworld tonight. Though, I'll be disappointed if it's something without a human likeness again.

Agree on the lack of human characters. Aside from their sporadic and limited number of releases, the lack of human characters has been extremely frustrating as a collector.

I did it the right way I only started buying BS human figures when they earned my money with their face printing I waited patiently all these years.

Pre face print every BS human looked like my neighbor freddy including Leia.

SHFA Han, Luke, Leia, Obi, Maul and Mafex Boba are spectacular.

Except for that gold hair on Luke lol

The wave 1 Pilot Luke and wave 2 Han Solo from the orange series were decent I thought. Yeah it wasn’t the photo real tech we see these days, but they were decently painted. The skin tone was a nice matte finish and the paint was clean. Luke and Han came with a bunch of accessories and alternate looks too.

I would say the human characters started to suck and become half assed around the time the line transitioned from orange to blue line. Obi-Wan Kenobi was horrendous and he came with, what, just a lightsaber? In retrospect, Hasbro were being cheap ****s.

B6BFE752-9556-4B3E-846D-5D539494260C.jpegE3F8F295-4B37-4395-BE3D-9E6344B2E16D.jpeg

Hasbro.

EDIT: Though I hope this https://cinema.tamashii.jp/?_ga=2.136178353.1426043367.1588541295-45292120.1580077149 means that we're about to see these prototypes being released more regularly.

That doesn't make much sense since Hasbro is distributed in Japan but at an inflated price and Star Wars SH Figuarts aren't distributed in the US. They can't base the economics of the SHF Star Wars line on import collectors. And if you're buying right the SHF aren't 4x more anyway.

Todd McFarlane just said in a recent interview that the japan import companies are ripping collectors off lol

He made sure he lost my money when he decided to run with 1:10 (not to mention I hate most of his articulation schemes). Now my only source or 1:12 DC is Mezco, so him and his dumb opinions can pound sand.

Well the day has pretty much come and gone with not a peep. Unless they?re planning on announcing something for the actual ESB 40th anniversary later this month (or June if going by the Japanese release) or their tease of offering foreign customers access to their figures, this was a completely wasted opportunity. More of the same from Bandai....

To put it as polite as I can it’s Golden Week in Japan and revealing Star Wars solicitations to give us fans something to look at online matters little to them during their celebration. We may see something later in the week but not until GW is over.

Well the day has pretty much come and gone with not a peep. Unless they?re planning on announcing something for the actual ESB 40th anniversary later this month (or June if going by the Japanese release) or their tease of offering foreign customers access to their figures, this was a completely wasted opportunity. More of the same from Bandai....

Back