S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Rey and Kylo from AmiAmi today, couldn?t be happier. Sure, they?re pretty similar to the TLJ versions but I don?t mind that at all. The hood up neck piece on Rey isn?t great but the hood down one is fine.
3d99d765073937ec88194c40d3c13ca4.jpg

05512d64ebd7ec321e20388b029863ad.jpg

044a261026a9915b0fa8ad6377ae47d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Japanese retailer are you guys able to cancel orders from? Or did you order from other retailers that let you cancel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have preferred an alternate head to D-O. The neck thing was the excuse I needed not to buy this. Honestly I like the Black Series one just fine and I am a huge fan of Rey's character and like to have the premium versions. Hopefully SHF won't bahdunck the Jakku version.:lol:pray:

Facial likeness is about the same, but they got her forehead size correct on the new version. I like the hairline better on the TLJ version though. Subtle jagged line is better than a straight, clean line. Wonder if there would be a way to cut the chest piece away from the hood and glue it down in there, so it sits more flush with her outfit. I would happily sacrifice the ability to swap between hood-up/hood-down if it meant getting a better looking upper chest region.

Try putting the chest piece in while the neck is removed. It will fit into place perfectly, and not bow out at the top like it is in your pictures. Great figure.

Can anybody confirm this with photos? Would LOVE if this simple fix would resolve this glaring issue. Sadly, I've yet to see a photo where the section looks good, or even passable by my standards. Would gladly reorder the figure if I could see that this problem can be easily corrected w/ the above method.

Back