S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anybody confirm this with photos? Would LOVE if this simple fix would resolve this glaring issue. Sadly, I've yet to see a photo where the section looks good, or even passable by my standards. Would gladly reorder the figure if I could see that this problem can be easily corrected w/ the above method.
I tried - but I'm new here and my post count isn't high enough to allow me to post pictures. Let me comment on something somewhere and try again.

Can anybody confirm this with photos? Would LOVE if this simple fix would resolve this glaring issue. Sadly, I've yet to see a photo where the section looks good, or even passable by my standards. Would gladly reorder the figure if I could see that this problem can be easily corrected w/ the above method.
Here you go.

Put in incorrectly:
reybad.jpg

Put in correctly:
reygood.jpg

With the neck in:
reycorrect.jpg

At actual size, you would never know it was a separate piece.

The hood-up version, is an incredible pain to get in correctly, but the hood-down piece is easy.

It’s difficult because the collar piece is a hard plastic . The problem is the clothing around the collar is just as hard of a plastic , when moving the arms in any type of articulation, the arm sockets are so so tight against the space where the collar connects that it rubs and pushes the collar piece out when the arms are flexed, it was a good concept but executed in design poorly

All they had to do was mode the chest region not so close to the shoulder sockets so it doesn’t touch the collar piece so tightly. The back of the hood should’ve of been a soft goods material instead of very hard plastic, because there is a notch in the back of the collar is also too thick to stay completely flush on her body, because of this their is a slight imbalance of the collar to the upper body.

So to sum up, there is no way to get the collar to lay flush on her chest while moving her arms

However this is possible

No blu Tac or any modifications needed, just swap out the two head and neck joints easy. However now with the angry expression hs the figure gives a strong LOTR vibe

Here you go.

Put in incorrectly:
reybad.jpg

Put in correctly:
reygood.jpg

With the neck in:
reycorrect.jpg

At actual size, you would never know it was a separate piece.

The hood-up version, is an incredible pain to get in correctly, but the hood-down piece is easy.

Did you try to keep it flush while moving her arms :lecture

Did you try to keep it flush while moving her arms :lecture

I've never had it pop out while moving her arms. And I've re-posed her 100 times already.

The one time I got the hood-up put in properly, it popped out when I tried to reposition the head inside the hood - and that was officially the last time I will ever try to use the hood-up piece. But the hood-down piece has never come out of place for me.

I do agree that it's a weird design choice. Seeing how the hood sits above the shoulders either way, it seems like it would have been much easier to do it like they did Old Ben.

Okay I was wrong , I guess you have to really push in the chest a little before you fit her neck in. Looks like it is flushed in , a little caved in but maybe it ‘s supposed to be and the articulation doesn’t seem to interfere :yess:

Need help, does anyone know the proper way the Luke, Anakin and now for Rey saber is to be held? I always thought the button is the rectangular object on that sticks out in the middle. But the accessory has this object is slanted sideways ( the piece connects into two parts,) however no matter what , it can’t face vertically with the edge of the hilt.

I always thought Luke held it right with the two prongs at the end of the tip of the hilt facing upwards , but I always see in the film and in pics were Rey has the two prongs facing upside down , so is Rey holding the saber wrong or does it matter which way the hilt is facing. Where exactly is the switch to ignite the saber and which way is it supposed to face on the hilt :dunno

Just got my rey figure today and was disaappointed when i noticed the neck piece but then realized it wasnt inserted properly. Looks good in my opinion. Btw its a pain in the ass to remove the head from the hood once you change it. I was able to get it out by poking it with a toothpick.
f45413cbdf2fe4b8cd8e370c896caa7d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

In the sequel trilogy, I'm pretty sure the red button ignites the saber. So the bunny ears would face you.

In the sequel trilogy, I'm pretty sure the red button ignites the saber. So the bunny ears would face you.

Ah I didn?t think about the red button

I noticed her fingers gripping the top edge

Anakin must?ve been a bit weird for making a saber like that with such a big piece on the hilt that doesn?t even have anything to do with igniting the saber

Wait found this

So there was a change

Last edited:
Ah I didn?t think about the red button

I noticed her fingers gripping the top edge

Anakin must?ve been a bit weird for making a saber like that with such a big piece on the hilt that doesn?t even have anything to do with igniting the saber

Wait found this

So there was a change

No change, it's always had multiple buttons, hense the joke in TLJ when the porg is jumping on the rectangle button

I am. Just bummed that Luke and Han didn't qualify for that stand he's on in that pic, because they were solicited before Force Friday.

Has anyone given their new release ROTJ Vader a new cape?

It's pretty awful and no matter what I do it remains awful..

Back