S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Vader sculpt looks a lot better, I think this is the best SHF Vader sculpt yet. The helmet is a huge improvement over the ANH version. HOWEVER... and this makes me scratch my head... his cape is comically short! It almost looks like Shazam's cape (ok not THAT short), but still, it's really much too short. How difficult can it be to get the length of Vader's cape right? Everyone knows that it reaches to the floor. I can only hope that SHF corrects that detail until the figure is mass produced and finally released. I am still very much interested in this Vader, the sculpt is lightyears better than the ROTJ Black Series Sad Puppy version. But that cape either needs a replacement from ebay or SHF will hopefully change the length. The cape distracts from an otherwise really good sculpt.

Also screen accuracy junkies will probably notice the slight red tint of Vader's eye lenses... which is a detail only the ANH helmet had. But that's a very minor detail. The cape is the only thing that needs fixing here.

Here is what I don't get.
Bandai makes both the Figuarts figures and the figure model kits. Now I realize they are different divisions but seriously, the model kit (newest one) is a VERY nice more screen accurate one that this thing. The chest box is ANH sized which was bigger than the ESB and ROTJ... plus other things since I am a Vader nut :rotfl
The helmet is STILL off.:lecture The bell is too narrow still.
Here is my Bandai kit and you can see that is is much better executed IMHO. The cape is custom from GPSLOT.

20190323_165815-1.jpg
20190323_165236-1.jpg

Check bigbadtoystore maybe. It’s a bit more expensive but you won’t be paying import shipping charges.

Also, does it seem like Vader’s arms and hands are bigger this time? Maybe it’s just me.

Last edited:
Check bigbadtoystore maybe. It’s a bit more expensive but you won’t be paying import shipping charges.

Also, does it seem like Vader’s arms and hands are bigger this time? Maybe it’s just me.

Actually he will be paying import shipping charges... and BBTS's own mark up.

Oh I assumed he was in the states so it would be $5 shipping. My mistake.

Even if he's in the states he's paying those shipping charges through the BBTS mark up. I got mine for about $75 shipped overseas. BBTS charges around $120 for web exclusives.

I’m late to the party...anyone know if anyplace still has yoda for po?

He's $64 on Nin Nin Game + $18 (Fedex / DHL) shipping.

Immediate payment

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/jap...e-sith-yoda-limited-edition-sh-figuarts-.html

$73 on BandaiOnline + $10 (airmail) or $22 (EMS)

Immediate payment

https://www.bandaionline.com/s-h-figuarts-yoda-star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-action-figure/

$113 on BBTS

$95 on Toy Ninja & you can pay half a deposit.

https://toy-ninja.myshopify.com/col...revenge-of-the-sith-yoda-tamashiweb-exclusive

Even if he's in the states he's paying those shipping charges through the BBTS mark up. I got mine for about $75 shipped overseas. BBTS charges around $120 for web exclusives.

Good point I got 2 Yodas from Mykombini for around $120. So it’s definitely marked up and you’re essentially paying for EMS $20 at the very least on BBTS.

BBTS has to pay the exact same price we all do from the same middle men services, so of course its gunna be marked up. there is ZERO licensing for north america, any retailer over here has to mark it up, it at least nice of them to make the effort. And look at Thor, he was at $128 and now that looks like a deal :lol

Anyone have any predictions for releases?

I’m gonna say Crait Luke and TFA Poe before the TFF period starts.

Then the Mandalorian and Purge Trooper at some point 2019-2020.

For TRoS:

Rey
Kylo
Red Trooper
Maybe Jetpack Trooper
Knight of Ren or Zorri or both

The troopers and masked characters have high chances of being made. Kylo is very likely since Figuarts has made quite a few and Rey should be a sure in since she was made for TLJ line up. Maybe that’s why we haven’t gotten a TFA Rey because Bandai is waiting for TRoS version which is similar.

Anyone have any predictions for releases?

I’m gonna say Crait Luke and TFA Poe before the TFF period starts.

Then the Mandalorian and Purge Trooper at some point 2019-2020.

For TRoS:

Rey
Kylo
Red Trooper
Maybe Jetpack Trooper
Knight of Ren or Zorri or both

The troopers and masked characters have high chances of being made. Kylo is very likely since Figuarts has made quite a few and Rey should be a sure in since she was made for TLJ line up. Maybe that’s why we haven’t gotten a TFA Rey because Bandai is waiting for TRoS version which is similar.

Bandai has to know that we'll buy TFA Rey anyway even if TROS Rey is pretty similar to it. We bought 3 version of PT Obi-Wan that basically share a body.

After the Stormtrooper and ROTJ Vader:

Emperor Palpantine
ROTJ Reissue Jedi Luke Skywalker

Maybe and hopefully Crait Luke Skywalker

TROS

Rey
Kylo Ren
Luke Skywalker
Knights of Ren
Zorri Bliss
Possibly Palpantine in whatever for he’s in

After the Stormtrooper and ROTJ Vader:

Emperor Palpantine
ROTJ Reissue Jedi Luke Skywalker

I actually think we'll see a Jabbas palace Luke before another reissue of the first one, but youre probably bang on with the emperor as hasbro has one coming. I think once yoda releases we'll also see some info on grievous.

I could see crait Luke, Rey and Kylo (TLJ re issue with cape maybe) all coming for force friday reveals

ROTJ Luke Skywalker reissue is coming in October it’s already been announced to go along with ROTJ Vader so I assume the Emperor will probably be solicited to close out episode 6 merch from them (including Boba Fett).

Full Vader solicit with Luke announcement.

Scheduled for release in October 2019
Manufacturer's suggested retail price: 6,820 yen (tax included)
It is inevitable! From S. H. Figuarts, Darth Vader revives in new modeling!
S.H. Figuarts Darth Vader, released in 2015, is renewed after four years. Review the proportion balance of the whole body, the most popular bare-face parts are thoroughly reproduced to the back of the head in the digital coloring of the soul. Get the unbelievable Vader Fort!
The arm which was cut off in the fight with Luke is also attached.
Both the control panel of the chest, the detailed expression is the quality of masterpiece.
The bare face parts of the big feature of this product. The impact in the play now revives with the digital coloring of the soul. The helmet is removable. The intension to the back of the head grabs the user's heart.
The combination of the S. H. Figuarts Luke Skywalker (Episode VI), which is re-sold the same month, makes the climax scene in the play the highest level of reproduc ... !
Schedule for upcoming reservations at general retailers
(Presence or absence of reservation handling depends on the retailers)

I found this video..look what was supposed to be coming

https://youtu.be/zU7WUigoYKI

Yeah after that event last year they sure had us hopeful we’d see a lot of that stuff. In their defense they have released some of them I just thought when they showed so many at once that maybe they were planning to step up releases but they didn’t. It seems like they are doing chunks of specific movies that’s why I think The Emperor is coming and when they mentioned Yoda and Crait Luke in May before the show preceding the one in the video I thought it was a sure thing. Hopefully Battle of Crait Luke gets solicited before they start dropping TROS solicits because that would kinda close out the Last Jedi series and they could focus on TROS and TESB.

Yeah after that event last year they sure had us hopeful we’d see a lot of that stuff. In their defense they have released some of them I just thought when they showed so many at once that maybe they were planning to step up releases but they didn’t. It seems like they are doing chunks of specific movies that’s why I think The Emperor is coming and when they mentioned Yoda and Crait Luke in May before the show preceding the one in the video I thought it was a sure thing. Hopefully Battle of Crait Luke gets solicited before they start dropping TROS solicits because that would kinda close out the Last Jedi series and they could focus on TROS and TESB.

I sure hope so because I have never wanted anything more than Figuarts ESB and TRoS releasing in same relative period 2019-2020.

Back