S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the new Vader share any parts from the original ROTJ Vader or is it all new? Oh and that short cape is appalling.

Doubt they'd "Fix" it because it was just as short on the last Vader

I don't think so, at least in the released promo photos the cape of ANH Vader was longer, while the ROTJ Vader has a much shorter cape. In video reviews you can also see that ANH Vader's cape reaches to the end of his inner tunic, whereas ROTJ Vader has a cape that is at least 1 cm shorter or so, it looks much worse, in my opinion. Now I don't own ANH Vader, but I still think about getting ROTJ Vader because other than the cape I like many things about it. But the cape might be a deal breaker here if it's not fixed.

I hate spending more money than I need to on this hobby but I’m sure there has to be a third party cape with a wire that will look better than what is on this figure. That sculpt is their best Vader yet so with a different cape it could be the best ROTJ Vader in this scale.

Never mind it’s from Tokyo Toy Show 2019 going on right now.

Attachments

• F719D181-652A-473A-8417-ABE5A82FA9B4.jpeg
    F719D181-652A-473A-8417-ABE5A82FA9B4.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 174
That’s definitely the awesome ANH and ESB stormtrooper helmet design instead of the crappy ROTJ helmet

That’s definitely the awesome ANH and ESB stormtrooper helmet design instead of the crappy ROTJ helmet

Those are obviously prototypes being shown there, but the paint and helmet on that stormie look kinda sloppy. That said, they've looked much better in other photos an videos prior to this, so that's likely just a messy prototype.

Those are obviously prototypes being shown there, but the paint and helmet on that stormie look kinda sloppy. That said, they've looked much better in other photos an videos prior to this, so that's likely just a messy prototype.

I really hope they change the ankles to white before release but I'm doubting it.

That photo of Fett reaffirms I made the right choice to skip him. He's so.....plain. :dunno Definitely doesn't look up to SHF standards. Hopefully the eventual ESB version looks better. Vader's eyes look a bit too big, but the helmet is till much better than the previous version.

That stormtrooper looks horrendous. Vader would look EXCELLENT in that pic of not for the kids beach towel hes wearing. And Fett is just a big fat meh

Unfortunately that Vader cape looks worse each time I see a new photo of the figure. This is just not acceptable, which is sad, because the figure itself seems to be quite good. But that cape... So I will not pre-order anything, I will wait for release and see whether or not the cape was fixed. If yes, then I'll buy Vader, if not, then Mafex Vader will still be king of the Vaders for me. Surely SHF can't be that blind and oblivious?

Vader's helmet is definitely an improvement (the Tamashii site says the lenses are actually clear). I find the rest of the figure underwhelming. Vader was pretty bulky in ROTJ and this figure does not reflect that.

I think they should have gone further with this one and not reuse so much. I think they could have done a better cape, completely fabric robe and the chest armor a separate piece for the robe to go under.

Fett looks embarrassing. A scaled up POTF figure by Hasbro. Mafex's is brittle and fiddly as hell but at least it looks realistic.

Back