S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair this is an older prototype. We have seen this for years now. It’s silly to consider Dooku as reflective of their current work. Also, I got Dooku today and looks like a mini Christopher Lee. It’s not perfect but nothing is and looks better in person. I can’t see Hasbro topping this at all.
I thought dooku was only displayed recently?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Back Down"

I can't lie, I hate this figure the more I play with it lol. The wrists and saber gripping hand are utter garbage. The saber itself is garbage. The blade barely stays on. This is quickly dropping to the bottom of worst Figuarts releases.

bQE9O72.jpg

Damn I wish I got any version of Figuarts Chewbacca

With Peter’s passing, I wonder if the price of a Figuarts Chewy will hike up :horror

I got my Dooku yesterday and was expecting the worst after reading this forum. He's not perfect but I like him. The sculpt is actually very good so I'm puzzled about those comments. The cape is a bit meh though.

I got my Dooku yesterday and was expecting the worst after reading this forum. He's not perfect but I like him. The sculpt is actually very good so I'm puzzled about those comments. The cape is a bit meh though.

The head sculpt is fine imo. Its a pretty good likeness.

BUT

The clothes are super plain looking. Looks like unpainted plastic. Figuarts has been a MASTER of adding realistic texture to make drab clothes pop. Its technically accurate I guess, so this is a matter of opinion. But I think it does look like cheap unpainted plastic. Not to mention the problems people have with its on screen color accuracy.

The chest joint straight down the muddle of the chest is an odd placement that they've never done before. Its kind of ugly, but again this is subjective opinion still.

And of course that god awful cape. Its a nice material. But it looks like an empty duvet/blanket/comforter cover. Its just big and shapeless.

Now we get into the real problems. These are objectively measurable in comparison to other figures

The wrists are garbage. Once you put a weapon in his hand, because of the way Figuarts sculpted his hard sleeves mixed with the lack of a faux inner fore arm on a ball joint (something they usually add to these types of sleeves), you can basically zero wrist movement.

The gripping hands are too big/the saber too thin. He can barely hold his saber unless you wedge it into unnatural positions holding it either all the way at the bottom like its an actual pistol or all the way at the top where he's gripping the blade of a lightsaber. Or wedge it against his sleeve, in which case you definitely can't move those wrists anymore.

The lightsaber blade is pretty damn loose. Once you pop that sucker out for the first time it seems to lose all of its friction fit and is very easy to knock out of the hilt with little effort.

So couple poor articulation, a loose weapon and a loose blade together and you end up with a frustrating figure that cost extra money for no reason in addition to the subjective issues.

"Mimban Sentry"

0EE5H4G.jpg

Valid points, can’t argue with that.

I was just looking at my collection and noticed some significant yellowing on Leia’s robe, notably around the breasts and creases in the gown. Has anyone else got this problem? It’s odd, I haven’t had her in direct sunlight.

Valid points, can’t argue with that.

I was just looking at my collection and noticed some significant yellowing on Leia’s robe, notably around the breasts and creases in the gown. Has anyone else got this problem? It’s odd, I haven’t had her in direct sunlight.

It’s intentional and meant to simulate her skin beneath the white dress.

So I got Dookus in the mail. The heads are fantastic. The rest leaves something to be desired. Color being #1. its ok but should have been darker. The cape, is alright, but why is it stitched? and has anyone removed the stitch?

Im glad I got two, and im really glad they have full heads, I want to do a little custom so this helps a great deal

I don't get why Dooku's cape is so bad when Infinity War Thor's is so good. I used some clips from the stage act 4 tamashii stand stand to keep the cape from poofing out every where.

Where are the flight stands available for pre-order? Amiami and HLJ don't have them unless they already sold out?

Glad to see something that isn’t a prequel or reboot figure.

I wonder if releasing the ANH Stormtrooper might mean the’ll put out the Sandtrooper since they have grouped some of these troopers releases close together before. When they showed these off it looked like their crutch piece wasn’t as hight as the Rouge One version which will hopefully make it look more natural.

Will be good to finally retire the old ROTJ Vader figure. Even if this figure still has some of the problems of the ANH Vader, that chunky too short cape, awkward chain that gets in the way, and general midriff joint that should have been under the shoulder armour like the Mafex. Nice feature with the removable helmet though.

How does the helmet look? Bigger eyes and dome and looks like the ‘snout’ isn’t as long as the ANH Vader. It honestly looks really good to me but I’m never a good judge of this.
1558508309877 2.jpg

Back