S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from the hood I think this is great
attachment.php

And this is horrible. Just looks dumb and fake as hell.
FIGURE-013571_05.jpg

It's not a matter of whether I favor cloth or plastic in general. It's a matter of how it's applied – both can be good, both can be ****ed up, completely regardless of whether what has actually been made before. I don't care what other figures have done better or worse, the simple fact for me is that as much great and fantastic points there are about shf's kylo, in an action pose that requires any leg bending, it looks crap and dumb as hell. And that is just too, too bad for a character whose wardrobe style is very flowing, and you want him to have that agile look. Imo this was a nigh-impossible character to do justice to in that regard with any type of non-cloth material, because it has to be molded either in rest or in movement. They chose the rest version, quite logically. But it means the panels just look stupid.

On top of all of that we come back to the hood and that just makes me climb up that fence whether it's worth the money to me.

Hey, if I LOVE Kylo I'll buy it, lol. But I'll still be annoyed at this issue.

Maybe in-hand pictures will soften up my view.:dunno:

Non-film
Shadow Trooper (Show Exclusive)

Episode 1
Darth Maul
Obi Wan Kenobi
Battle Droids
-
(Qui Gon Jinn - seen but unconfirmed)
(Sith Speeder - seen but unconfirmed)

Episode 2
Clone Troopers Phase I

Episode 3

Episode 4
R2D2 & C3PO (Teased)
-
Luke Skywalker - seen but unconfirmed
Han Solo - seen but unconfirmed
Han & Luke Troopers / “Sneaks” - rumour or bad translation? Possibly referring to figures above?

Episode 5

Episode 6
Darth Vader (w/ Death Star Diorama)
Luke Skywalker
Scout Trooper w/ Speeder Bike (Web Exclusive)

Episode 7
Kylo Ren
Captain Phasma
First Order Stormtrooper

Re-issues to date:
Ep. 5 Darth Vader
Ep. 5 Luke Skywalker

@Silrian Seriously why the hood? There's nothing wrong with the hood at all, it's like complaining about the cape in the SHF Vader, That or the slight inaccuracies in Luke's face are bigger offenders than Kylo's hood, I don't get it at all, it has been blown out of proportion.

You talk about flow and movement, that's exactly how it looks like there, it looks like the robe is flowing, swiping over his leg, that picture looks like movement to me.

@gasper Well it doesn't to me, they're panels. Cloth drapes and flows, it doesn't move around in exact straight panels up in the air lol. (unless you're very intentionally waving them like that.) Clothes don't move like that when moving in them. Unless he's doing the helicopter.:lol I'm not gonna say more about it.
The hood should be way more triangular from what Ive seen of kylo now and thats also a lot cooler then the rounded hood shf has to me. You can compare it with all the photos and posters out there yourself . If you don't see the difference or percieve it differently than I do, okay. I can't be your eyes and I can't give you mine lol so I'm not gonna keep describing it. To what extent details matter or are even considered details is personal.

Maybe I'll end up feeling different after seeing him in the film. Maybe ill like kylo less or the figure more. Right now, after seeing more of kylo, I like this figure only less.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely see the difference between the figure and photos and how the real deal is a bit more triangular, but my point is that it's been blown out of proportion, hence why I said Luke's face or Vader's cape and face are bigger offenders than Kylo's hood, in terms of accuracy, Kylo's hood is really nothing compared to those.

Here's BS:

Black-Series-Kylo-Ren-06.jpg

It's cloth and it's moving in almost the same pattern than the SHF one.

You mention the helicopter, That's actually what I picture in the SHF one, not quite the helicopter but a quick twist of the waist and the legs snapping in a wide position that would make the fabric move like that, but if you don't see it either then we'll agree to disagree.

I can see how you envision the movement workng with the fabric, it's simply not what I desire from it. I've mostly just been speaking from what I prefer. I'll still take the shf over the ns any day of the week, for the saber, helmet and arms and different hands alone. I'm not gonna go into the bs kylo. It's not the thread but I'm also not interested in it because it's simply unacceptable quality difference with shf for me. We should probably drop this.:wave I understand where you're coming from and all I can say is good for you that it looks good to you and I hope after the film I'll just look at it differently or have a different desire for it. Hell maybe ill hate the char.:lol

Nice pics Godzilla, welcome aboard.:duff:

To all: If you could have one, which star wars char that has no dialogue or one sentence max in the movies (but is in them, just noise doesn't count as dialogue) would you choose to have in SHF form? I think it'll be Kit Fisto for me off the top of my head.

As examples: the other ot bounty hunters count. Many jedi from the pt count. Shock troopers from rots count. The blue elephant playing keys in jabbas palace counts. And I guess a rancor counts too. Etc.

Man, I'm really loving the Figuarts Star Wars line. Although Vader was not in scale, I love it a lot but SHF Luke is definitely my favorite. Hey, call me crazy, but wouldn't a SHF Episode 3 Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker) be a sweet release? I could even think of his accessories too:

2x Lightsaber (Active, Inactive)
7x Interchangeable Hands (2 Fist, 2 relaxed, 2 Lightsaber gripping, 1 Force Choke hand)
1x Interchangeable Robotic Arm
2x Heads (Relaxed hair, Wet crazy hair from the Mustafar duel)
2× Set of eyes (normal and sith eyes)

I think it could be a possible idea, but is that too many accessories?

Man, I'm really loving the Figuarts Star Wars line. Although Vader was not in scale, I love it a lot but SHF Luke is definitely my favorite. Hey, call me crazy, but wouldn't a SHF Episode 3 Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker) be a sweet release? I could even think of his accessories too:

7x Interchangeable Hands (2 Fist, 2 relaxed, 2 Lightsaber gripping, 1 Force Choke hand)

Nice list there! Episode 3 Anakin/Vader would be awesome and yes, give me the crazy hair and Sith eyes as alt parts please. :drool

I got my robe for Maul today. He looks amazingly sinister. I love it! Bargain for £6!

I need

Back