S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SH Figuarts said at least the non Beskar will not be in the US due to licensing issues. Whether it shows up on the con circuit is a diff matter. Was on their twitter a few months back.

Interesting. Wonder if that is due to Hasbro playing hardball? I mean, for $22, their Mando 6" is amazing, but will not be comparable once the SH figuarts drops most likely. (and at less than half the price, would not expect it to.

SH Figuarts said at least the non Beskar will not be in the US due to licensing issues. Whether it shows up on the con circuit is a diff matter. Was on their twitter a few months back.

Zero SHF figures are allowed to be sold in the US. Bandai/Blue Fin doesn't even acknowledge the line exists here lol. The only time you see them sold here are when other stores like BBTS buy them from japanese sites and import them, just like we do, and then sell that at a big mark up to make money off of that.

Which is why it's always cheaper to import them directly and why American stores are always marked up so high. Because they're technically not allowed to do what they're doing.

Zero SHF figures are allowed to be sold in the US. Bandai/Blue Fin doesn't even acknowledge the line exists here lol. The only time you see them sold here are when other stores like BBTS buy them from japanese sites and import them, just like we do, and then sell that at a big mark up to make money off of that.

Which is why it's always cheaper to import them directly and why American stores are always marked up so high. Because they're technically not allowed to do what they're doing.

I believe that is no longer the case with "Premium Bandai" that's an official website supported by them. Historically you are correct. They just launched like..a few days ago I think. You can actually pre order SH Figuarts (Jiren Final Form, Zamasu, and Vegito) as of this week. Unless I am mistaken on their relationship just going via twitter.

That?s not true at all. Bluefin has been the North American distributor for S.H. Figuarts and S.H. MonsterArts for years now. They sell them in Barnes and Noble among other US retailers and have been for many years. Now, if we?re specifically talking Star Wars Figuarts, then yeah, they aren?t sold in the US (thus you must import them or buy them from someone who does) and I?m fairly certain that?s because of Hasbro?s license but I don?t have any proof of that.

Looked for the original mando on the Japan amazon site and it was only available from other sellers. If it’s there sold by amazon could someone please post a link.

Bluefin was purchased by Bandai, which is why they're doing Pbandai USA now. Licensing is still decided by a license holder and has no bearing on what bandai owns and does, they still have to abide by licensing. SW figuarts aren't licensed for North America because Hasbro holds the master license. Dragonball is licensed world wide, so they can sell them everywhere.

Companies like Bbts do not have to abide by licensing, they can source their product through whatever channels they can access, they are free to sell SW figuarts because they import them as a customer, not a wholesaler. They pay the exact same prices we do which is why they are marked up so high, because they need to make money on it.

I believe that is no longer the case with "Premium Bandai" that's an official website supported by them. Historically you are correct. They just launched like..a few days ago I think. You can actually pre order SH Figuarts (Jiren Final Form, Zamasu, and Vegito) as of this week. Unless I am mistaken on their relationship just going via twitter.

That?s not true at all. Bluefin has been the North American distributor for S.H. Figuarts and S.H. MonsterArts for years now. They sell them in Barnes and Noble among other US retailers and have been for many years. Now, if we?re specifically talking Star Wars Figuarts, then yeah, they aren?t sold in the US (thus you must import them or buy them from someone who does) and I?m fairly certain that?s because of Hasbro?s license but I don?t have any proof of that.

Sorry I should have been more specific, I was referring to the Star Wars S.H Figuarts line. Zero S.H Figuarts STAR WARS are allowed to be sold here. Other S.H Figuarts properties have been available here without issue. Such as Godzilla, Dragon Ball Z and others. And previously you couldn't really get any (non Star Wars) P-Bandai stuff.

Now that they're selling P-Bandai in the US it just means we can easily access exclusive Gundam kits and other limited items. But no Star Wars will be allowed to be sold here except for the Model Kits and Samurai Line figures. Because Hasbro still has those exclusive rights for the US Star Wars action figure market (and I think really anywhere that's not Japan).

Sorry I should have been more specific, I was referring to the Star Wars S.H Figuarts line. Zero S.H Figuarts STAR WARS are allowed to be sold here. Other S.H Figuarts properties have been available here without issue. Such as Godzilla, Dragon Ball Z and others. And previously you couldn't really get any (non Star Wars) P-Bandai stuff.

Now that they're selling P-Bandai in the US it just means we can easily access exclusive Gundam kits and other limited items. But no Star Wars will be allowed to be sold here except for the Model Kits and Samurai Line figures. Because Hasbro still has those exclusive rights for the US Star Wars action figure market (and I think really anywhere that's not Japan).

Ah great thank you. I only have DBZ Figuarts stuff since most of the time the face molds are awful for the Star Wars stuff (Kylo in particular) so I never bothered. Good to know. I need a more dynamic figure than what Hot Toys offers for my Mando though so I'm buying both the SH and HT lol.

Ah great thank you. I only have DBZ Figuarts stuff since most of the time the face molds are awful for the Star Wars stuff (Kylo in particular) so I never bothered. Good to know. I need a more dynamic figure than what Hot Toys offers for my Mando though so I'm buying both the SH and HT lol.

The Kylo has an awful face sculpt...what? SHF has some amazing likenesses such as Padme, Anakin AOTC, Farm boy Luke, TLJ Kylo, Rey TRoS, TFA Han etc

The Kylo has an awful face sculpt...what? SHF has some amazing likenesses such as Padme, Anakin AOTC, Farm boy Luke, TLJ Kylo, Rey TRoS, TFA Han etc

You and I differ. I think Kylos sculpt looks like Adam Driver drank too much and his face puffed way up. I don't mind ANH Han though.

Interesting. Wonder if that is due to Hasbro playing hardball? I mean, for $22, their Mando 6" is amazing, but will not be comparable once the SH figuarts drops most likely. (and at less than half the price, would not expect it to.

Not exactly hardball, it's just they have it locked down very well. Not sure the difference but Marvel SHF can be released here, but only at an $80+ price point, that's why they have to add in extras to bring the price up, also why Mezco's started Marvel at $80 too. Diamond Select is pretty much the only other company that can release Marvel figures at reasonable price points, but they have limits too, like 17 POA max I think was one distinction.

When Hasbro got the SW license again, I was hoping for some different language to allow for some premium figures to be sold in the US, but doesn't appear that anything changed.

It’s interesting that on the Tamashii Special page for Star Wars when they added Beskar Mando and the Child they added a feature that groups the figures based on which movie you click on above the pics. There have been recent discussions about them releasing some Empire figures this year (which I think they will release some of the previewed figures) but based on the new grouping feature there are certain figures we probably won’t get. It appears they feel that the New Hope versions of Han, Chewbacca 3-PO, R2, ROTJ Vader and the new Stormtrooper are acceptable as their version of those Empire characters. Not saying this is what they are planning because they do have those figures in their correct place as well but it’s interesting they group them that way.

https://tamashii.jp/special/sw/

019BF287-5584-421E-883A-9719177B6296.jpeg

3PO and R2 show under Episodes 1-6. Chewbacca shows under ROTS. ANH Vader is also under ROTJ.

Empire is the last film Figuarts really needs to release figs for to balance out the rest of the film representation.

3PO and R2 show under Episodes 1-6. Chewbacca shows under ROTS. ANH Vader is also under ROTJ.

I realize that. I was just referring to the chances of getting Empire versions of those characters if they feel they are represented good enough with the previous versions.

Back