S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. People get up in arms when they see a $20 figure starting to compete with their $50 figure. Even if its only in SOME ways lol. They just want to feel completely justified in spending that extra $30+. Figuarts is still king, but they ARE getting lazy and other companies ARE picking up the slack.

Mafex are getting close, but the prices are almost identical now, and Mafex is still very much hit and miss. As for Hasbro, their paint apps are getting better, but even if they matched Figuarts in terms of likeness there’s just no comparison in terms of articulation, poseability, extra hands and plastic quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mafex are getting close, but the prices are almost identical now, and Mafex is still very much hit and miss. As for Hasbro, their paint apps are getting better, but even if they matched Figuarts in terms of likeness there’s just no comparison in terms of articulation, poseability, extra hands and plastic quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

100% agree. That's all I'm saying. Figuarts is at the top, but from being at the top they've gotten lazy in some areas.

And meanwhile everyone else is hungry for that top spot. And it shows in the improvements they're making.

Exactly. People get up in arms when they see a $20 figure starting to compete with their $50 figure. Even if its only in SOME ways lol. They just want to feel completely justified in spending that extra $30+. Figuarts is still king, but they ARE getting lazy and other companies ARE picking up the slack.

It’s kinda driving my point home when someones reply to your post with undeniable photos to back up what your saying is “rey looks like cow dung, end of story”. :lol

The biggest difference to me is the quality of materials. Figuarts have MUCH greater paint and plastic than hasbro

No one is denying that lol. THATS one of the big areas where the price difference comes into play. But the facial likeness gap is closing fast, if it already hasn't. For $50 you get an overall better figure. But if people only care about the likeness, or don't need certain characters to be $50 ultra articulated figures (like say imperial officers who just stand around), Black Series now has some real advantages.

Have you seen Figuarts lol!?

This thing looks like a Goblin. Its one of their worst faces they've ever done

tqaOMQy.jpg

This at least looks (incorrectly) like an older Han, but it at least looks like a human person lol

oRO2WUx.jpg

Look at THIS likeness. Hasbro is absolutely killing it for $20. The face differences are absolutely closing

sfTugZS.jpg

And we know they're capable of hot toys/side show faces.

I collect both SHF and Hot Toys, and I don't think there is even a comparison between the two lines...and there shouldn't be. With Hot Toys, you're paying for more than a larger scale and soft goods. The head sculpts are exquisite, and there is nothing on the market which compares to it, unless you are counting standard Sideshow. But there is definitely nothing in the $60 range that compares to a $250 Hot Toy. Those things are just works of art.

I collect both SHF and Hot Toys, and I don't think there is even a comparison between the two lines...and there shouldn't be. With Hot Toys, you're paying for more than a larger scale and soft goods. The head sculpts are exquisite, and there is nothing on the market which compares to it, unless you are counting standard Sideshow. But there is definitely nothing in the $60 range that compares to a $250 Hot Toy. Those things are just works of art.

Don't get me wrong, obviously there's no real comparison in the overall product. But the Figuarts Maul has an as good or better FACIAL likeness than sideshow or hot toys versions. It's incredibly impressive.

Personally feel the Figuarts Star Lord looks just as good as the any Hot Toys version, and I have both.
Back to the Han Solo figure, I would’ve said the same looking at the pics online, until I had him in hand and feel it’s a very good likeness, whilst looking at the black series ESB Han I’m not too keen, just my opinion

Personally feel the Figuarts Star Lord looks just as good as the any Hot Toys version, and I have both.
Back to the Han Solo figure, I would’ve said the same looking at the pics online, until I had him in hand and feel it’s a very good likeness, whilst looking at the black series ESB Han I’m not too keen, just my opinion

Well that's my Han figure, so I have him in person too lol. He had the community really divided when he first came out, but it seems like Figuarts totally screwed quality control with that figure. Remember all the flat noses people were getting? The face printing seemed to be all over the place. Which also goes back to my point about Figuarts slipping up and getting lazy at the top.

There were as many people who hated it as loved it. I'm in the former. I think it's a horrendous looking figure thats a rare example of a Figuarts figure looking substantially worse than the promo pictures. I've seen comparisons of him to Han side by side, but it's one of those figures that only looks right at the right angle, in the right light (usually darkness lol).

lol at the Black Series extremist comments here. :lol

It really comes off like some folks in this thread just dont like hearing anything negative about their expensive imported figures. That comment always comes up whenever anyone says they like something better on a BS figure.

There’s good and bad in both lines, and I really do love the figuarts figures that I own. But the rise in quality with the black series cant be denied (Bespin Han is not the current high bar btw, take any Solo figure for a better example).

Shootingthegalaxy knows exactly what he’s talking about, and if you look at all these figures objectively its hard not to agree with him.

I own both reys, even hasbros no 3d printed jedi rey, its not a matter of not liking my figuarts getting put down on the internet, its about what is and isnt better, not everything is subjective, some thing just are better

I like my Han. When I see him on my shelf posed in person next to Luke all I see is a miniature plastic Han Solo from ANH.

I collect both, only buying figures I want from each. Hasbro has come a long way, Island Rey I think is my favorite representation of the character. I do not have the SH Rey I am only judging from pics that I like the BS face more.

I am buying SH Anakin but I am not sold on his sculpt yet. I hope it improves in person. I just love SH pose ability. That truly makes me want them over the BS figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don't bite. We get these 'Black Series is better' antagonists every few months, and the mods end up having to lock and clean up the thread.

:lol

Please, I really mean no offense, but I have over 9000 posts on this board and have been a member for over 10 years, please dont tell me what not to respond to and explain to me what the ops post was trying to do... I think ill be ok

Have you seen SHF TLJ Luke? Compare that to Black Series Empire Han....yeah I don't think BS blows them away.

Yeah, but that came out two years ago as I stated. They’ve only gotten crappier there as BS has improved in that same time.

I get me saying BS destroys SHF headsculpts get people worked up but hey, it’s your money and laughing emojis to post. You’re free to feel otherwise from me.

Yeah, but that came out two years ago as I stated. They’ve only gotten crappier there as BS has improved in that same time.

I get me saying BS destroys SHF headsculpts get people worked up but hey, it’s your money and laughing emojis to post. You’re free to feel otherwise from me.

The Last Jedi Luke? That came out this year if I'm not mistaken. Two years ago was before the movie was released.

The Last Jedi Luke? That came out this year if I'm not mistaken. Two years ago was before the movie was released.

Ah, my TLJ Luke. My mistake. I have zero interest in that figure and was thinking ROTJ Luke.

All I know is I have a bunch of Marvel ones and have the ROTS Anakin on PO, and all their sculpts look like crap. But I’ll be still keep that PO and get Kenobi, but I won’t be focusing on their faces.

It’s kinda driving my point home when someones reply to your post with undeniable photos to back up what your saying is “rey looks like cow dung, end of story”. :lol

You must be looking at a completely different post to mine then, because to me (and many agree with me) figuarts Rey looks identical to the actress, while the BS one is completely off, and thats their "good" one? Come on.

I get the price comparison, I do, but thats no reason to push non-existent arguments into the FIGUARTS thread. As you can see, I have the TFA Luke in the background, hes ok FOR THE PRICE, and thats what I expect for the pricepoint, but theres no comparison to the figuarts TLJ version. Im not saying you cant have decent BS figures, but please, dont try to downplay the clearly better figuarts figures due to some complex against playing more money for better figures.

This is all im saying on the matter. and folk wonder why I barely post in this thread? Its totally toxic. You cant say one good thing about a figuarts release without a dozen users jumping on you saying something about BS being better, sheesh.

You must be looking at a completely different post to mine then, because to me (and many agree with me) figuarts Rey looks identical to the actress, while the BS one is completely off, and thats their "good" one? Come on.

I get the price comparison, I do, but thats no reason to push non-existent arguments into the FIGUARTS thread. As you can see, I have the TFA Luke in the background, hes ok FOR THE PRICE, and thats what I expect for the pricepoint, but theres no comparison to the figuarts TLJ version. Im not saying you cant have decent BS figures, but please, dont try to downplay the clearly better figuarts figures due to some complex against playing more money for better figures.

This is all im saying on the matter. and folk wonder why I barely post in this thread? Its totally toxic. You cant say one good thing about a figuarts release without a dozen users jumping on you saying something about BS being better, sheesh.

We're on a forum who's main audience is those that pay at least 3 to 4 times the cost of a figuarts figure for one figure, I don't think anyone here has a complex about spending more money.

What there is a complex against is the fact that spending more does not always mean better. And while Figuarts is clearly a better overall figure, the gaps in SOME areas are absolutely closing and the advantages of spending more on the pricier figure is diminishing. No Rey is not their best likeness, but it's every bit as close as the Figuarts version. Both versions have quirks in the likeness. And whichever quirks you tolerate better is the figure you'll like more.

But I think some people cant stop looking at money spent as the sole example of what makes one better than the other.

We're on a forum who's main audience is those that pay at least 3 to 4 times the cost of a figuarts figure for one figure, I don't think anyone here has a complex about spending more money.

What there is a complex against is the fact that spending more does not always mean better. And while Figuarts is clearly a better overall figure, the gaps in SOME areas are absolutely closing and the advantages of spending more on the pricier figure is diminishing. No Rey is not their best likeness, but it's every bit as close as the Figuarts version. Both versions have quirks in the likeness. And whichever quirks you tolerate better is the figure you'll like more.

But I think some people cant stop looking at money spent as the sole example of what makes one better than the other.

Exactly right man. I think my point got lost on the hardcore figuarts fans here, especially judging by Big Deano’s reply above :lol

I didnt even say anything bad about any figuarts figures, just something good about a BS figure, and still they come with pitchforks lol

I hate to say it, but the only reason this thread is toxic, is because the bigger figuarts fans cant seem to take different opinions onjectively. I’ll back out of this thread now, dont want to upset anyone by disagreeing anymore lol

Last edited:
Back