S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll have an extra Anakin I think I’ll customize him to look close to this Battlefront art

8E5729CD-BF7E-4440-84E9-CA1CD45879D1.jpeg

I feel like SHF as a whole has fallen off from why they were able to do two years ago. It’s a shame these $20 Black Series figures destroy SHF’s headsculpts.

Have you seen SHF TLJ Luke? Compare that to Black Series Empire Han....yeah I don't think BS blows them away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen SHF TLJ Luke? Compare that to Black Series Empire Han....yeah I don't think BS blows them away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't help but laugh at the people who believe Black Series head sculpts look better than SH Figuarts. Admittedly, Hasbro has improved but still stales due to their subpar paint job.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G935W8 發送

They're not blowing them away YET. But they're getting there. Figuarts and Hasbro Rey are right at the same level likeness wise. And I honestly prefer the Hasbro version more. The face shape and eyes are better on it. Figuarts looks a little more anime like with these strangely large eyes. Though of course overall figure vs figure, Hasbro has a ways to go with accessories, plastic quality and even expressiveness of the faces. But the likenesses are definitely on the same level. Which is impressive considering the price difference.

ff6kXUr.jpg

VPozz7p.jpg

But figuarts is ABSOLUTELY falling off quality wise. Their faces have very hit or miss. And we know they're capable of hot toys/side show faces. Ep1 Obi, Maul and Mace are all god tier face sculpts. But look at their incoming baby face Anakin who looks like his baby teeth never fell out, hitler face Ep4 Obi-Wan, Goblin Face Ep4 Han, etc etc etc.

Every now and then they'll nail things, like Ep8 Kylo, Ep8 Luke; But then they fall off in other places. Like Sad Puppy dog Ep 4 Vader, Short Chewbacca, abysmal Trooper/armor sculpts and a lack of accessories after setting the bar so high with Farm Boy Luke.

MEANWHILE everyone around them is stepping up their game. I see plenty of die hard Figuarts collectors choosing Mafex over Figuarts for their DC Film figures as Mafex continues to step up their face printing and quality game and continue to nail details that Figuarts completely misses and lacks. And black series is already offering comparable heads to a $50 Figuarts for $20.

Mafex as a whole is stepping up their game. When Figuarts makes you buy the same figure twice just to get two different head sculpts, Mafex is putting everything you need in one box.

K65lcmZ.jpg

Meanwhile Figuarts was making a big deal over including a few extra shoulder pauldrons in their TLJ Stormtrooper release

UWBp1w4.jpg

But theres the Mafex one coming out next month lol

ofsz3Gs.jpg

Thats all ONE figure. Not to mention the similar Black Series TLJ edition of the FO Trooper

Uwf2Aas.png

So while Figuarts mostly holds the title for highest quality action figure (many of their re-releases like Luke and Maul suffer from brittle plastic and breaking joints), they're falling off in ever other way possible

The OVERALL Figuarts figure is much better. But the faces are on an even playing field. The Hasbro Rey just has a better overall face shape. Though it suffers from a shiny face that they've fixed since introducing photo real printing. The figuarts Rey face is just shaped weird and has large anime eyes. It doesn't NOT look like her. But the Hasbro just has a slightly better likeness.

Yeah I think all 3 of those Obi faces are incredible Ewan likenesses. My eyes start to water just glancing at the “You were the Chosen One!” face. Seriously, wow!!

They're not blowing them away YET. But they're getting there. Figuarts and Hasbro Rey are right at the same level likeness wise. And I honestly prefer the Hasbro version more. The face shape and eyes are better on it. Figuarts looks a little more anime like with these strangely large eyes. Though of course overall figure vs figure, Hasbro has a ways to go with accessories, plastic quality and even expressiveness of the faces. But the likenesses are definitely on the same level. Which is impressive considering the price difference.

ff6kXUr.jpg

VPozz7p.jpg

But figuarts is ABSOLUTELY falling off quality wise. Their faces have very hit or miss. And we know they're capable of hot toys/side show faces. Ep1 Obi, Maul and Mace are all god tier face sculpts. But look at their incoming baby face Anakin who looks like his baby teeth never fell out, hitler face Ep4 Obi-Wan, Goblin Face Ep4 Han, etc etc etc.
You consider that equal likeness? lol.

BS face is puffy with an overly defined jaw line, figuarts face is pretty much perfect, as good as their TLJ Luke face imo. Not to mention the obvious attempt to twist how it actually looks by using a pic of the figuarts angry face from the side instead of a true side by side.
f6d567d9fff4b568f771b8f870d94cbb.jpg

You consider that equal likeness? lol.

BS face is puffy with an overly defined jaw line, figuarts face is pretty much perfect, as good as their TLJ Luke face imo. Not to mention the obvious attempt to twist how it actually looks by using a pic of the figuarts angry face from the side instead of a true side by side.
f6d567d9fff4b568f771b8f870d94cbb.jpg

Yeah I don't have a pic of her neutral head thats why. But yeah I absolutely consider Hasbro to have a better likeness. Just by a smige. It has a better head shape and definitely better eyes

Yeah I don't have a pic of her neutral head thats why. But yeah I absolutely consider Hasbro to have a better likeness. Just by a smige. It has a better head shape and definitely better eyes
Then theres no point continuing this discussion. I refuse to believe anyone would even consider that tbh. The difference is clear as day. Figuarts Reys likeness to the actress is one of the closest I have ever seen from this scale of figure. I literally just took the figure pic there.
917450ea7e5f8d64cde15cf513f73aac.jpg
83cf88ffc4b4d3cf6fe639f2dac1a3b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

....Wow...I should have kept my mouth shut If I knew those Black Series "extremists" were there.....
I'm sorry, but between the Figuarts Rey and Black Series you just showed ShootingtheGalaxy, I will have to strongly disagree with you.
The main reason why I avoid buying Black Series figures is that they have bad paint aps or that the face print tech isn't as good as Tamashii Nation's...
The ONLY Black Series of a helmetless character that I have on my display is the Solo Lando Calrissian ( Jaina Solo doesn't count)
And guess what? i still have problems with the figure because it is loose as hell... ( seems like to be my luck....)

I had a few before like, Luke, Obi Wan and they were absolutely terrible.

Then theres no point continuing this discussion. I refuse to believe anyone would even consider that tbh. The difference is clear as day. Figuarts Reys likeness to the actress is one of the closest I have ever seen from this scale of figure. I literally just took the figure pic there.
917450ea7e5f8d64cde15cf513f73aac.jpg
83cf88ffc4b4d3cf6fe639f2dac1a3b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Again, I NEVER said it DOESN'T look like Rey. But those big anime eyes throw it off a little. And because of that I think the Black Series looks a LITTLE better. ONLY in likeness.

I'm not saying the Black Series is OVERALL better than figuarts. Not even close. I'm saying the likeness is SLIGHTLY better on the Hasbro.

I buy EVERYTHING. I have Hasbro, Figuarts, Mafex and Model kits. I have no bias towards ANY brand. We can talk about "Black Series Extremists", but the Figuarts brand loyalist fanboys are just as bad if not worse. Because they're defending their purchase more than anything. $50 vs $20. Its all opinions regardless.

lol at the Black Series extremist comments here. :lol

It really comes off like some folks in this thread just dont like hearing anything negative about their expensive imported figures. That comment always comes up whenever anyone says they like something better on a BS figure.

There’s good and bad in both lines, and I really do love the figuarts figures that I own. But the rise in quality with the black series cant be denied (Bespin Han is not the current high bar btw, take any Solo figure for a better example).

Shootingthegalaxy knows exactly what he’s talking about, and if you look at all these figures objectively its hard not to agree with him.

Sorry but I've looked into Black Series many times and their god awful paint job just ruins it for me. No matter how good their head sculpts are. Their Rey looks like cow dung. End of story.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G935W8 發送

lol at the Black Series extremist comments here. :lol

It really comes off like some folks in this thread just dont like hearing anything negative about their expensive imported figures. That comment always comes up whenever anyone says they like something better on a BS figure.

There’s good and bad in both lines, and I really do love the figuarts figures that I own. But the rise in quality with the black series cant be denied (Bespin Han is not the current high bar btw, take any Solo figure for a better example).

Shootingthegalaxy knows exactly what he’s talking about, and if you look at all these figures objectively its hard not to agree with him.

Exactly. People get up in arms when they see a $20 figure starting to compete with their $50 figure. Even if its only in SOME ways lol. They just want to feel completely justified in spending that extra $30+. Figuarts is still king, but they ARE getting lazy and other companies ARE picking up the slack.

Back