S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has bandai been known to make drastic changes from prototype to production?

Yes (long time DBZ collectors know), BUT, I can't think of an example with armored characters. I don't really know why that'd matter, but strangely it feels like it does.

Cooler's modified version reminds me of star wars Rebels Vader. At least in the angle here:
FFE2Pr1f.png

And if Cooler can photoshop that so easily in such a small amount of time, Bandi can fix the sculpt before release for sure.

Now if they actually bother remains to be seen. ��

Yeah, I'm still wondering if it's removable or something, or just a badly assembled proto, it's not unusual for protos to have weird proportions because they've been badly assembled for a show, it's pretty eye popping for to have been designed that way from the get go.

It's certainly the third best looking Vader at this scale, could be the second if they fix those issues.

End of the day, Tamashii ALWAYS bases their sculpt off real sources, so this Vader is accurate to some source material. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's light years ahead of the BS version (which I do think is ok for what it is, I don't think that way for many BS figures). As for the model, the model takes it for sculpt but that will be the case with all model kits due to how they are made, but it has standing issues. It beats the first mafex obviously, the RO version we will have to see.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BS Vader is a work of art as far as sculpt and proportions go. It's a national treasure. It's what every Vader figure should aspire to be. Only downside to it is not having alternate hands.

IMG_7925.JPG

IMG_7926.JPG

Last edited:
That Vader looks much better for some reason in those new pics or am I just seeing things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I see is a big snout and a squeezed long dome.

lol exactly. His cheeks are so stretched forward, it looks like a shelf on his face to me.

Honestly not feeling Obi too much either. The clothes look great, but the face feels off to me. Oh well, money saved I guess!

BS Vader is a work of art as far as sculpt and proportions go. It's a national treasure. It's what every Vader figure should aspire to be. Only downside to it is not having alternate hands.

View attachment 344473
View attachment 344474
Hey DiFabio,
How did you get the dome lower on Vader? It is my only issue with the figure that the dome rides too high for ANH. It should cover the brow of the faceplate like your's seems to do.

I am hoping that the alternate Ben head would be the slight smirk like he has right before Vader slices him.:clap

14952602.jpg

I think Vader's helmet just needs to come lower down on his mask, and I'll be happy with him. If I can do that, BS Vader will stay carded.

Hey DiFabio,
How did you get the dome lower on Vader? It is my only issue with the figure that the dome rides too high for ANH. It should cover the brow of the faceplate like your's seems to do.
Looks just like the figure right out of the box to me...

Mine hadn't been modded at all and it looks the same.
c01f5baa250ef430870b29991b8c773e.jpg

That prototype has such a pronounced snout, it's hard to see anything else.

Back