S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the exposition, I assume the lighting looks fine in person. Lighting looks fine in the other pics, Lightning's not the problem.

Regardless, helmet looks clearly weird, mask sticks out too far, dome sits too high.

Maybe it's removable?

Not a fan....but happy I was wrong about the possibility of yet another plastic cape. I actually prefer Vader v1 over this, I'm sure this is more movie accurate but it just looks dopey. The first version Vader looks like an actual space warrior sort of deal vs the actor in a low budget costume this one gives me the vibe of.

And the gloves...

ANH Vaders gloves were pretty thick. Tamashii could do with slimming them closer to the hand but other than that they are accurate. The helmet I see nothing wrong with tbh. We have only seen pics looking down on the helmet, we haven't seen any facing him straight on yet which will likely look correct.

I know we all have that perfect vision of Vader in our heads, but the thing is that Vaders costume changed film to film and it was never perfect. It still blows the BS 40th Vader out the water imo.
ee7724ebff4c4f0a2c06fc368a973af8.jpg

2331a765d72089d1c14429cfe9daf247.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Im no expert when it comes to Vader, but will be getting this figure anyway. Question is does anyone else think the cheeks are a bit off, or is it me being stupid?
d88c1bedf31d058d0675d07220d046b6.jpg

The size of the new Vader looks good and I reckon this will turn out awesome. Just need to see some better photos of the mask and dome from different angles and with better lighting.

I don't have a Vader yet because none of the figures in this scale really does it for me. I want Figuarts build, QC and articulation but I want black series 40th overall look and size, hopefully this is a compromise or I can build one from this figuarts body and pieces from the black series.

The solution for this new Vader is not complicated, but has to be done.
Best thing it's still a prototype.

And as usual people are panicking over prototypes. Look how much more finished Ben Kenobi looks since we first saw the proto. Settle down, it's not the apocalypse :rotfl

Toyzinthebox just shipped my Anakin. Praying it's the two face Anakin. That's what it showed in the pics, but who knows.

Toyzinthebox just shipped my Anakin. Praying it's the two face Anakin. That's what it showed in the pics, but who knows.

All depends on when you ordered, orders placed after a certain date will just be the reg version, unfortunately a lot of sellers didnt reperesent this all that great

Im no expert when it comes to Vader, but will be getting this figure anyway. Question is does anyone else think the cheeks are a bit off, or is it me being stupid?
d88c1bedf31d058d0675d07220d046b6.jpg
The cheeks and dome are clearly wrong it's not even debatable, throws the whole look off.

The solution for this new Vader is not complicated, but has to be done.
Best thing it's still a prototype.

This.

I can see this Vader being better than the model kit, if they make the adjustments you suggest, but the Model kit still has the advantage of replacing the robe with fabric.

Doesn't stand a chance against the BS though.

Last edited:
ANH Vaders gloves were pretty thick. Tamashii could do with slimming them closer to the hand but other than that they are accurate. The helmet I see nothing wrong with tbh. We have only seen pics looking down on the helmet, we haven't seen any facing him straight on yet which will likely look correct.

I know we all have that perfect vision of Vader in our heads, but the thing is that Vaders costume changed film to film and it was never perfect. It still blows the BS 40th Vader out the water imo.
ee7724ebff4c4f0a2c06fc368a973af8.jpg

2331a765d72089d1c14429cfe9daf247.jpg

Thanks for posting these now i'm really convinced their new Vader looks like poop.

End of the day, Tamashii ALWAYS bases their sculpt off real sources, so this Vader is accurate to some source material. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's light years ahead of the BS version (which I do think is ok for what it is, I don't think that way for many BS figures). As for the model, the model takes it for sculpt but that will be the case with all model kits due to how they are made, but it has standing issues. It beats the first mafex obviously, the RO version we will have to see.

Wow, that new Vader looks really cool. Can't wait to see what the final product looks like. I'm really glad to see they are actually listening to the community and trying to improve previous sculpt. I'll definitely be getting this but I may have to do another kit bash helmet to go with him. I do like how he seems to be taller as well.
0ce98c3ca5f1bd2d76efc7f73894453f.jpg
6d3715d9758b8fc3bcf6594d7e63ed1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back