S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They couldn't distribute the Iron Man figures due to licensing issues.

According to their facebook page, they're looking into bringing them to the U.S.

Not really impressed by the vinyl tunic and cape on Vader. makes him look a bit bulky and reminds me of old POTF2 Vader. Much more excited by their kabuki/Samourai version of vader and stormtrooper. A more exotic take to Star Wars and one that would add a refreshing touch to the collection.

Oh yeah I remember those figs.....

https://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/potf2/POTF2vaderRHcompare.jpg&text=Darth Vader (Removable Helmet) | Darth Vader (Removable Dome) | Darth Vader (Complete Galaxy)

I wonder what size those "plastic models" of Threepio and others are supposed to be.

I'd love a Millennium Falcon mini vehicle!

Odd question but is it even possible to distribute them in the us if hasbro has the liscence there..

I would think it's not..

Also I might agree with Stropth, I'm not that lowof opinion on the black series, especially with armoured characters. And I also feel like I kinda like seeing star wars figures as typical western ation figures, due to nostalgia.

Not that impressed with these honestly. God damnit tamashii, acquire mass effect already ye bastards!

I hope they make Luke, so that there's a 6 inch version with a good face. Preferably Bespin Luke!

For some reason this Darth Vader looks more stylized to me and more intimating than he actually looks in the movie.

I don't know. for some reason I don't like the 'asian-articulution' method for these. Don't like them that much for things like avengers and dark knight either. It suits non-real life source material better imo.

I think I'm gonna be fine with the black series, unless these head sculpts are suddenly mind blowing.

Also possible I'll collect a few standout PT figures in this line, like Maul, and collect OT in the black series.

This is awesome. They do look stylised but I'm not put off by that, and hope they do a bigger range of characters. Black series 6inch always seem like a bit of a pretender to me, 3 3/4inch quality at the price of what these would be (on the aftermarket).

I have several DBZ figuarts and with one exception of a vegeta hip joint being loose (easily fixed by heating and pinching the socket), they are all very high quality and hard to put down - the articulation is so good you find yourself futzing with them like you would a 1/6th. Will be fun to see a storm trooper posed in a contorted martial art pose haha

...imagine a Boba Fett!!

This is awesome. They do look stylised but I'm not put off by that, and hope they do a bigger range of characters. Black series 6inch always seem like a bit of a pretender to me, 3 3/4inch quality at the price of what these would be (on the aftermarket).

I have several DBZ figuarts and with one exception of a vegeta hip joint being loose (easily fixed by heating and pinching the socket), they are all very high quality and hard to put down - the articulation is so good you find yourself futzing with them like you would a 1/6th. Will be fun to see a storm trooper posed in a contorted martial art pose haha

...imagine a Boba Fett!!
I think everyone's Normal Vegeta had a loose leg at the hip joint. Both if mine have the issue.

Wow... With the figure stands, I can finally get a force push on some Stormtroopers. Imagine how awesome that will look?

Wow, three (Mafex, S.H. Figuarts, and Bandai's model kits) different 1/12 figures from Japan. The Bandai 3PO model kit has working pistons and looks like a scaled down version of the Tamashi 3PO. Bandai is ahead with the number of characters so far.

https://timelessdimension0.blogspot.pt/2014/06/2014-tokyo-toys-show-2014.html
Whoa. I definitely like Threepio, R2 and Stormie. Is that Bandai? The ones on the square black stand. What do those go for?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it. It looks like the model kits are articulated. So what's the difference between them and the figures other than putting them together?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Fugly stylized overpriced awkwardly articulated figures. I'm done collecting the SWB6 figures but think I'd rather get more of those than these.

Back