S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fugly stylized overpriced awkwardly articulated figures. I'm done collecting the SWB6 figures but think I'd rather get more of those than these.

I agree, not liking these much and
I did not like the Batman figs they did either.
Sticking with select Black and Mafex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally can't wait for these + more. I get that the stylisation is a bust for some people and I believe if they ever do human face characters the animisation will be more apparent (has figuarts ever done a non anime style release?), but I know the quality will be there. They will be star wars figures like no other in that regard. Also keeping an eye on mafex due to the more realistic approach, would be nice to compare stormie to stormie (although I know what i'm getting with figuarts, not mafex).

I think the articulation will be well hidden with the armour segments on these guys. You need some decent pics with them posed realistically/to full potential I reckon. Convention posing is always a bit dodgy (they don't even need those stands, that's just bandai trying to plug another product :lol)

Look at that glossy paint! Another thought though is, while not obvious on these ones, figuart's painting/weathering is always the kind of japanese model maker airbrush type - another aspect of stylisation that will probably define these figures as something apart from black series/mafex

According to Jedi Insider https://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=15514, Bandaï "Figuarts" are just one of a few new lines we can expect in the coming months. Good Smile "Figma", Kaiyodo "Revoltech" and Square Enix "Play Arts-Kai" seemingly got licenced. There's gonna be a glut of 6" to 10" scaled Star Wars figures shortly i believe. Not sure this is such a good news though.

Meanwhile no confirmed HT SW news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No HT would be a huge disappointment. If it's confirmed though, i hope it won't be solely for the sequel and spin-off movies as they did with the GI Joe licence.

@mortifactor Have you seen the figuarts Predator figure? I don't think that's stylized, and it looks accurate from what I've seen. I don't like anime stylizations, which is why I dislike Play Arts Kai, but I think this Vader looks awesome! He's my favorite Vader yet! If they stylize his human face, then I might not like it, but we'll have to see how it turns out!

They made a lot of changes to the Stormtrooper. Vader's helmet also looks different.

Soul-Nation-Star-Wars-Model-Kit-Vader-and-Stormtroopers.jpg

ANH Luke and Han.
1414777204373.jpg

They also revealed:
Han (Stormtrooper)
Luke (ROTJ and Stormtrooper)
Scout Trooper
Obi Wan (TPM)
Qui Gon
Darth Maul

Yikes, the Stormtroopers look like they used the old Kenner figures as reference. Maybe it's just a variant.

Luke and Han look good (from the odd angle)

Back