S.H. FiguArts Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Power Rangers, not Sentai. The yellow ranger was a female. And while yes, a male stuntman was often used in fight scenes due to the lack of female stuntworkers at the time (same for the Pink Ranger), all American-filmed hero shots were the actress in the costume.

Completely true, but just like Trini (and Aisha) it’s not like these figures have the same physique as the American actors. Jason was much, much bigger than the Sentai suit actor which implies they are going for accuracy with the source material and the fight scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually if anything I think that these figures are too large. I personally would prefer the slimmer sentai look with shiny spandex.

But with Trini, its kind of a moot point since the company has already said that they are changing her to a female body.

I've decided to keep my Legacy Zords (thank you, guys), but I'm seriously thinking of selling the 1:1 replicas because I think that display horribly. Do you guys have pics of how you display Saba, Dagger, Power Blaster, etc.? I'm just curious.

Just picked up the Tamashi Megazord on Amazon for $250. I wasn't looking to buy anything at the moment, but that price was too good to pass up.

Did any of you read the JL/MMPR crossover series???

I picked up the collection today and WOW.....Can Boom Studios do no wrong???

Seriously, they are absolutely killing it with MMPR.

If you guys haven't read it, do it!

Nice. :rock Congrats.

Post a review when you get it. I'm still holding out, as prices go up. :(

Well, review might have to wait a bit. It arrived today with the Triceratops and Pterodactyl Zord missing. :gah:

Had to play hardball with 4 different Amazon reps before they finally agreed to replace it.

Finally got my Megazord! 20180331_133200.jpg

Thanks!

Also, guess who I met this past weekend. 20180409_180935.jpg

Don't have anything particularly nice to say about her, but it was still cool.

Was she not nice or something?

She was kind of dismissive and clearly had no interest in talking to anyone. After this photo was taken, I went and got her autograph. I briefly thanked her for coming to the convention and complimented her work in a tv movie I saw her in, being careful to act normal and not be a "fanboy". I barely finished my sentence before she said "Thanks, ok, bye". All of this without any eye contact. I swear, I haven't been rejected by a girl like that since high school.

We also met Ben Affleck, Christopher Lloyd, Tom Wilson, Morena Baccarin, Chris Sarandon, and Carey Elwes that weekend. All of which were very kind and engaging compared to her. Really left my inner child very bummed out.

On a lighter note, I was surprised by how short she was. Its hard to tell, but I'm really hunched over in that pic. I easily had over a foot on her.

Last edited:
She was kind of dismissive and clearly had no interest in talking to anyone. After this photo was taken, I went and got her autograph. I briefly thanked her for coming to the convention and complimented her work in a tv movie I saw her in, being careful to act normal and not be a "fanboy". I barely finished my sentence before she said "Thanks, ok, bye". All of this without any eye contact. I swear, I haven't been rejected by a girl like that since high school.

We also met Ben Affleck, Christopher Lloyd, Tom Wilson, Morena Baccarin, Chris Sarandon, and Carey Elwes that weekend. All of which were very kind and engaging compared to her. Really left my inner child very bummed out.

On a lighter note, I was surprised by how short she was. Its hard to tell, but I'm really hunched over in that pic. I easily had over a foot on her.

MAN, you must've been broke after that weekend after meeting so many guests at the con (especially super high profile people like Ben Affleck and Christopher Lloyd)! That's a great line-up, though!

I've met a fair amount of celebrities and comic book guests at conventions, and it's definitely a bummer when someone isn't as friendly or cool as you hoped they'd be. My biggest example of this was when I met Neal Adams at Denver Comic Con. I asked him to sign a Batman comic that he wasn't involved with (the same one I have been getting all my favorite Batman creators to sign) and, after hesitating, he said "Sure, I'm a money whore!" (he was charging $15 per autograph, if I remember correctly). He then was very rude to the woman sitting at his table with him by berating her for not quickly giving me change for the $20 I handed her, as if I acted like I was in a hurry or being impatient or something. Not a big deal or anything, but definitely not very pleasant.

That’s a bummer to hear :(

She is someone I’ve always wanted to meet, but out of all the original rangers, she seems to be the one who cares least

Back