S.H. FiguArts Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: S.H. Figurarts Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Wow, how did I miss this thread?! Eight pages in just a few days, that's awesome. I often find myself looking for topics on Sideshow for things like this and just figured there was no interest.

We all know Super Sentai is better than Power Rangers.. but man, my nostalgia runs deep for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I'm not sure I can even still watch the show, but as a kid it was huge. Getting the morphing Red Ranger figure was a BIG deal for me. This is so awesome. I'm getting every S.H. Figuarts MMPR figure Bandai makes. I wonder if there will be any differences between the Power Rangers and Zyuranger releases. Some Space Rangers would be cool as well.. and maybe the Turbo Rangers too. For the record, the Psycho Rangers were awesome!

I'm also really enjoying Kyoruger lately, which I'm sure is no small part due to my love for Zyuranger. Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs! :D

Do we? I must be the only person on the planet that prefers Power Rangers. But then I've only watched SS clips on Youtube and grew up with MMPR, so there's probably a lot of nostalgia attached to it, but I just don't see the massive difference between the two.

Sentai used to be alot better than Power Rangers. I grew up with MMPR and it wasnt until Ninja storm 10 years later that i found out Sentai even existed. The last few years of Sentai have been pretty sucky though.

It used to be all about the story and characters. But its become an even worse merchandise mover than even PR. Every episode apart from maybe the first 2 and last two just feel like an excuse to give us new cards, or zords or whatever. So because if that, the PR series being alot shorter make it short and sweet and less of something to endure which is what sentai has become.

Saying that, i did really like Goseiger. But that kind of kept itself unique and fresh with its 3 different sets of villains. It felt like 3 small series in one.

Here's how I see it. It's like Kiva said, early Super Sentai was very story driven. Zyuranger has a much more complex and adult story imo than Power Rangers, which at least in the beginning is pretty heavy on the slap stick comedy and like the standard teen sitcoms of the era. That's not to say I don't enjoy it, nostalgia has a strong hold on me, it's just not the same quality of story. The later Super Sentai stuff is definitely more about toys and marketing, I guess they learned that from us, lol. Still, Kyuryuger has been pretty good so far, but it's much more American than Super Sentai used to be. At least that's how it seems to me. If you get the time John_Salmon read up Zyuranger, it's a pretty cool story really.

The (Evil) Green Ranger story was so much better in Zyuranger.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqjJ3Hls7n4[/ame]

I agree Sentai of late has been nothing more than commercials for the toys, but i still really dug Gokaiger if only to see the old school teams back in action...

https://www.youtube.com/user/girlsheartgeeks/videos?view=0

Ive been watching these guys commentarys on PR episodes lately. They are not experts on the show so they are going in semi-blind. its nice to hear their reactions. They are funny guys. At first it may sound like they are just mocking the show but they are in to it and make some good jokes and observations.

The newest episode they just put up was Return of an old friend part 1, so now im totally wanting the Green ranger figure.

Wonder if we'll get a white ranger; also would have loved to have a megazord that actually transforms/ assembles & dissasembles

id like to think so. Because theres always a worry if they do the Kibaranger version he will be shorter than the rest of the team

I wouldn't worry about him being shorter, he was a normal adult size most of the time.

As much as I want these, and they'll probably end up in my collection, I wish Medicom would keep going with their sentai line and release these guys.

Pulled the trigger on a Green Ranger preorder today, but this line is pretty pricey. Unless Bandai/Tamashii reduces their price point for future figures this may be my only purchase in this line.

So are they making all of the original Rangers, or just green and red?

if green and red sell good enough, we will see all of them, and possibly some baddies.

In the past SHF have released red separate, 6th ranger separate and then 2 two packs with the other rangers in. But they might release them separate too. I think its guaranteed that they will do the entire team. Even if its not in the "MMPR" label it will be made under the Zyuranger name.

Upcoming FigurArts

536144_10151411138334862_1723963433_n.jpg

I can barely tell, but is that rest of the MMPR team in the top left? I can tell the White Ranger is beside the Green. Glad to see this!

Back