S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit annoyed at so many of these figures being exclusives and priced at a premium. For $50-$60, I'd collect the whole line. But it makes no sense to pay over $100 for these.

Yeah, I'm on the same page for the most part. I'm planning on picking up Black Widow, but other than maybe Hawkeye I'm passing on the rest of the web exclusives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a bit annoyed at so many of these figures being exclusives and priced at a premium. For $50-$60, I'd collect the whole line. But it makes no sense to pay over $100 for these.

Why should you be annoyed? They are able to control the production with characters like these that will eventually become shelve warmers if they were to be released.

As I have said before, The limited ones are higher in price as the number they are producing is generally lower than the mass release ones. They'll have to cover the low production cost.

I think we should be grateful that they even bother to come up with these kind of releases.

I'm annoyed with the situation, not with Bandai. I started collecting this line thinking I'd be able to get each of the figures for around $50-$60 each. I've already got 8-9 of the iron man, thor, ant-man, and cap. Got the Figma hulk instead because I didn't like the Figuarts one. I paid no more than $60 for any of those. Now to complete the line with characters like War Machine Mark III, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Black panther - I'll probably have to pay $100+ for each. Nippon Yassan seems to have the figures for pre-order for a little less than $100, but you have to pay up front.

A lot of these will probably end up on ebay for astronomical prices, because the demand far exceeds production. I also collect various other toy lines (hot toys, DBZ figuarts, Transformers, etc.), so I'd rather spend my funds there than paying a high premium just because something is exclusive.

Cancelled my 1/6 collecting. Sticking w/the 6 inch line, big WM fan but yeah the prices are a little steep for me for the foreign figs.............:monkey2

Finally picked up some stands today and also got the Marvel Legends Civil War Scarlet Witch... pleasantly surprised the scale fit well with the figuarts!

FullSizeRender.jpg

I'm annoyed with the situation, not with Bandai. I started collecting this line thinking I'd be able to get each of the figures for around $50-$60 each. I've already got 8-9 of the iron man, thor, ant-man, and cap. Got the Figma hulk instead because I didn't like the Figuarts one. I paid no more than $60 for any of those. Now to complete the line with characters like War Machine Mark III, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Black panther - I'll probably have to pay $100+ for each. Nippon Yassan seems to have the figures for pre-order for a little less than $100, but you have to pay up front.

A lot of these will probably end up on ebay for astronomical prices, because the demand far exceeds production. I also collect various other toy lines (hot toys, DBZ figuarts, Transformers, etc.), so I'd rather spend my funds there than paying a high premium just because something is exclusive.

I hear ya...I'm kinda in the same boat. I've wanted a team of Avengers to replace my ML one. I was thinking of doing it via HT but settled on the big 4 due to cost. Now when SH Figuarts previewed the Avenges line I was like cool, I can build a team in this scale and just like you was looking to spend $50-$60 per figure (like Ant-Man). But yeah the limited production run leading to higher costs bums me out. Cuz now I'll probably just end up completing the team with HE and BW.

I know first world problems have we..haha

Found this review for black widow. It's in Japanese so I don't know what's being said but it gives a pretty good look at the figure and articulation.

Just received mine, the likeness is simply amazing. Anyone noticed the slight crooked nose of Scarjo is replicated too? :lol

_DSC7726.jpg

_DSC7734.jpg

anybody getting the mafex hulkbuster? Im actually really excited for this figure. praying for no qc issues

anybody getting the mafex hulkbuster? Im actually really excited for this figure. praying for no qc issues

I was going to ask too lol. The prototype looks great. The price too much for me unfortunately.

I see pre-orders on ebay and some online stores for late Sept. :impatient:

But I believe it might have been delayed till mid-late October? I haven't seen any pics on FB or other sites. BBTS has a release date of Oct.

Widow has arrived..just misses some articulation to put her over the top, but still an awesome figure

Unfortunately mine came with a nick on her nose, oh well

Sorry for the bad quality pics but she is tiny to photograph but pics really don't do her justice. I can't stop posing her

It's hard to tell in pics but the figure is well proportioned to scar's body IMO

Congrats on the new acquisitions Auel and guyver1!

Great pics guyver1!

I was going to paint the blue lines on her suit (which I really don't like) but next to Capt she looks great!
But bummer about the nick. Honestly I didn't notice in the pics at first until I read your post.

Congrats on the new acquisitions Auel and guyver1!

Great pics guyver1!

I was going to paint the blue lines on her suit (which I really don't like) but next to Capt she looks great!
But bummer about the nick. Honestly I didn't notice in the pics at first until I read your post.

Yeah it is an exclusive so I'm trying to see if I can get a replacement but I don't think so. It shipped from Japan, even in with the brown shipper Figuarts box which means it was sealed and straight from Figuarts I'd guess being an exclusive, so the company didn't even touch it to inspect it before they shipped it out :lecture

I think I can cover it up with some touch up though

If you could only get one, would you pick the civil war cap or the mark 46? There will probably be a better, more proportionate looking cap in the future, so it might be worth passing him. But theres a new iron man every movie... Alternatively i could just get the mafex armoured bats :D

I wish Tamashii made the Civil War Black Widow instead. Who knows, they still might...

Was not a fan of Black Widow's AOU outfit and Joss Whedon's obsession with the mom haircuts.

Hi there,

I am on the verge of buying a MK42 Iron Man, my favourite among the numerous designs, and, seeing as most of you that bought them will have had them for a while now, is there anything I should look out for? I know about the wrist guards from videos that I've seen, but is there anything else? How well do these figures take knocks? My other Figuarts have held up pretty well, but none of them have the paint that the IM's do.

Anything you can tell me will be greatly appreciated.

So i may have found a potential fix for cap's disproportionateness, lowering the upper torso both makes his freakishly long abdomen look correct, as well as fixing his short arms issue. Can anyone with the figure confirm this is doable? Is the socket where the ball plugs in a separate piece that is inserted into the torso? (thats often the case with import figures, the piece is usually made of a different plastic to the rest of the figure)

Here's cap as-is :
2d5d66646f8cf27d647956c6ca43e59c.jpg

And here he is with the upper torso lowered
fe4e63a248ded1815f63442e73c6b946.jpg

Someone has probably suggested this before, but I'm deciding between cap or IM so if this fix is possible it could be the deciding factor

Got Widow and Ant-Man this weekend, both amazing figures. Ant-Man is really nice, but just a bit lacking in accessories. I would have loved it if he came with the tiny truck and maybe the Pym discs, but I'm not too broken up about it. The detail and articulation is amazing as always and the design is nice so it's a solid package overall.
4d52120723a49878eb6a21aa122b6154.jpg

3a2053c9cabd5c18a61d843e03979620.jpg

c51a6e4bbf939f565b173aca3d71fb3c.jpg

d6305656ebcd334034ba0b28311a5d16.jpg

Widow on the other hand is something else. I'm sure at least some of it is due to personal bias, but I absolutely love the figure. The likeness is pretty much perfect, I think they totally nailed Scarlett Johansson and I like the smirk they gave her. An actual bicep swivel would have been nice, but other than that I'm really happy with the articulation. The detail is great, and I love the different shades of grey and black they used for the suit along with the different textures. She fares really well in terms of accessories, but another head would have been nice even though I couldn't be happier with the one she comes with. It was definitely a costly figure, but I think it was well worth it.
a7b5503d2457e8458b4cb7d7a8ee3ac6.jpg

c1cf73566b8529c4db00b1566228f7d9.jpg

b523fb46871660dff79be009b9706f38.jpg

a8a253ecc9042c874d78f6c3376db8dc.jpg

3a3ce515ddf8ca54bb7a7a60dd53c4bc.jpg

It is odd, however, that she doesn't seem very in scale with the other figures, as she's almost the same size as Cap and her head is about the same size as his. She does fit nicely with MLs though, not that I'd ever display her with them.
42596cf8c0f67dc30b17f6047490f6d6.jpg

c35995b35a45b9e382bd0e305bf8bb2b.jpg

1a36070dcfbecf5078d1f43911af72c4.jpg

Now I feel the need to import the other half of the team!
2811e427f891ac89eecba534e0f6e72a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back