S.H.Figuarts Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was supposed to come today but the DHL guy never showed up and pretended like no one was home... so hopefully he'll come tomorrow. I'm a little worried he's going to make me wanna throw my Hasbro Indy's in the trash lol

Mine was supposed to come today but the DHL guy never showed up and pretended like no one was home... so hopefully he'll come tomorrow. I'm a little worried he's going to make me wanna throw my Hasbro Indy's in the trash lol
You probably will…

Last edited:
Just opened him up…Pics don’t do it justice…In hand, this is the Indy I was looking for in 6’

I love the optional look

And he scales nice with the Hasbro line IMO

That kinda looks like Bradlley Cooper as Popeye (just missing the pipe) snuggling with present day plastic-surgery Courtney Cox but the other heads look pretty damn good. Grinning Indy is such a tricky thing to pull off even in 1/6 so it is kind of cool they tried with it, and it'd look okay posed with the raised grin a bit more off to the hidden side.

Don't love the prominent chest articulation joint on the figure (esp when lit from above as a lot of displays are) and the "underwear" look to the hip joints seems a bit too prominent (even a bit more than Hasbro's fig in same area) but overall this is a quite nice release.

Last edited:

Same here- DHL tracking showed that Indy was out for delivery all day yesterday, but he never arrived. Tracking now says again that he's out for delivery today, so we'll see if he shows up today!

DHL delivered mine yesterday and yeah, he's far superior to the Hasbro figure... except the bag hanging above the belt was driving me crazy so I swapped mine for an extra Hasbro bag (which I need to fix the paint on, but already like better).

I also didn't like how shiny his faces were, so I masked the eyes out (and the teeth on the alternate faces) and hit the rest of the face with Mr. Super Clear to take out the shine.

1.png
2.png

Excuse the boring quick photos. He's a little taller shorter (edit: oops) than the adventure series version, but overall fits in pretty well with the line.

3.png

Honestly though, what a great little figure! Easily the definitive Indy for me in 1/12 to date.

Last edited:
I did the same with the bag. I think you mean the SH version is a little SHORTER than the Adventure Series version (but only by a fraction). Great attention to detail. They just forgot to paint the "metal" keeper next to the gunbelt buckle silver, but that's an easy fix with a bit of silver paint and if I was being even more nit-picky (hey...it's me), I would say that the size of the pockets on the Adventure Series version are more accurate to Raiders than the smaller pockets that SH put onto their version. Overall though - the SH is the winner by a LOOOOOONG way.

Haven't gotten my Indy from AmiAmi yet after I paid them for it last Friday.

I have one on the way, coming in the next day or so via Fed Ex. Really looking forward to him now. If there was one minor nit about this figure, for it being a Raiders figure, there are NO gloved hands! Just about every other Raiders figure I can think of has featured them. Compared to everything else that could have gone wrong, it is minor and we'll all be able to get something iconic out of him. I wouldn't altogether say no to a wired whip, but, custom stuff often ends up costing more than the original figure. This is why I've often shied away from trying to do a 1/6 with all the trick parts.

Got mine in hand less than an hour ago. He is absolutely first class! The only gripes were the polythene inserts they put in to protect the torso joints. The only way to effectively remove them is to disassemble Indy. I was going to anyway as I've just weathered the living hell out of his jacket. (Liberal dry brushing with Vallejo English Uniform, followed by a liberal coating of Fuller's Earth (Used on the actual jacket in Raiders anyway.) fixed by Mr Hobby Premium Topcoat Flat varnish.) It's the only way to go with a Raiders jacket! Remember, he's been running through temples, been dragged by trucks, there's no way that is going to look immaculate!

Pics may follow shortly (ish....)

Here are some pics of mine. I promise I did weather the jacket, we're so used to seeing that now that it just doesn't stand out. These are probably the most down-home honest pics of this figure you're likely to see. No lighting save for what came through the window behind me and the only editing is a crop from the original size. Even the camera settings are auto, what you see is what you get:

SHF Indy 0436.jpg
SHF Indy 0437.jpg
SHF Indy 0438.jpg
SHF Indy 0439.jpg
SHF Indy 0440.jpg
SHF Indy 0441.jpg
SHF Indy 0442.jpg
SHF Indy 0443.jpg

This is such a fun little figure. It's crazy how much all three head sculpts look like mini Harrison Fords in person. Lots of accessory options, too!

IMG_2653.jpg

Yeah, I'm so glad I never got any of the Adventure Series ones and waited for this instead. I get the feeling that this may be all we get though. I may get Henry from Hasbro as he looked to be quite well done.

A Temple of Doom figure (with the ripped-off sleeves and associated accessories) would be cool to see, but, yeah, I'm good with this one figure as a representation of this fantastic THREE MOVIE series.

Back