S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like figuarts are a bit under-scaled doesn't it? I've heard figuarts Vader is only 5.8 inches tall and the stormtroopers are 5.5 inches. Is that right?

yeah Vader is underscaled compared to the others which is a shame because he's supposed to tower over everyone else. however you can somewhat unhinge the legs further downward to make it a little bit taller, but just a little bit :dunno

been considering adding like an extra layer of something to the bottom of his boots to boost his height

For 1/12 scale figures they're actually more like 1/13 or something. If Vader was truly a 1/12 scale figure he'd be 7.4 inches tall.

It seems like figuarts are a bit under-scaled doesn't it? I've heard figuarts Vader is only 5.8 inches tall and the stormtroopers are 5.5 inches. Is that right?

For certain lines they are and Vader was just a big wtf. Same could be said for he upcoming Bowser figure. Certain characters they get the scale right and others they don't. For Iron Man they're pretty good since both Comicave and Figuarts are the exact same and Comicave is explicitly 1:12 while Figuarts isn't.

8788c0583dd82490ffb028b7ab329421.jpg

55b829c0ff759f422c8b87650913b6cb.jpg

87102e670596ff4320bd0790e3d2fa84.jpg

The weight, the metal, the small details and the base are on point with this line.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Yeah but the Sentinel line is highly stylized and not in scale with the Figuarts line. They're kinda like the Play Arts Kai or Iron Man. The Comicave's are in scale so for our 1:12 purposes they're the best option. Igor is coming out soon too, I can't wait

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk
Very interesting!

@ crisis is that the Mafex Spider-Man? I've been tempted to pick that up lately

Got a phone call to say I can pick up my SHF K@kashi at my local retailer.

So today hes finally out now. Hope to see some pics before I pick it up.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know when the General Grievous will be up for preorder?

I missed the pre order from HLJ for captain so I have to go with amiami or wait for American retailers [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For 1/12 scale figures they're actually more like 1/13 or something. If Vader was truly a 1/12 scale figure he'd be 7.4 inches tall.
I thought that 1/12 meant that 6 inches is equivalent to 6 feet. Hence a 6 feet and 7 inches David Prowse would be 6.7 inches @ 1/12 scale, plus a fraction more to account for shoes and Vader helmet.

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

i am so fing mad right now at all the japan retailer sites. amiami hobbyseach and HLJ. all screwed me over .

first hobbysearch was on some kind of vacation fir two weeks and i checked everyday. i checked on 1/6 and it still said 12/26 at the top when i refreshed. the next day on jan7 they were up and said pre orders jan6. captain, trunks and mace windu all sold out. i clicked bandia section on the sites and they didn't show..

i check HLJ every day after that and nothing. on jan 8 i gave up and they ended up going up that day... mace windu is $80 on bigbadtoystore. dammit.

and of course link is still available do people not like figma

i am so fing mad right now at all the japan retailer sites. amiami hobbyseach and HLJ. all screwed me over .

first hobbysearch was on some kind of vacation fir two weeks and i checked everyday. i checked on 1/6 and it still said 12/26 at the top when i refreshed. the next day on jan7 they were up and said pre orders jan6. captain, trunks and mace windu all sold out. i clicked bandia section on the sites and they didn't show..

i check HLJ every day after that and nothing. on jan 8 i gave up and they ended up going up that day... mace windu is $80 on bigbadtoystore. dammit.

and of course link is still available do people not like figma

Sorry man. Figuarts Marvel have been *hot* much like their Star Wars stuff.

I advise keeping an eye out on the Japanese retailers around the time when the figures are released in Japan. People cancel their pre-orders/fail to pay on-time and you see several retailers start putting that stock back online for sale.

That's how I got some extra AOU Figuarts Caps. I just kept an eye out and noticed some retailers put some of their extras up so I leaped on them.

Sorry man. Figuarts Marvel have been *hot* much like their Star Wars stuff.

I advise keeping an eye out on the Japanese retailers around the time when the figures are released in Japan. People cancel their pre-orders/fail to pay on-time and you see several retailers start putting that stock back online for sale.

That's how I got some extra AOU Figuarts Caps. I just kept an eye out and noticed some retailers put some of their extras up so I leaped on them.

How much did you end up paying after shipping?

How much did you end up paying after shipping?

Depends on what shipping service you go with and how long you're willing to wait. I usually go with EMS and that varies between $15 to $25 USD but I don't care cause it's quick and reliable.

Just received some stuff via SAL and I'll never go that route again. Took about three weeks to get it. And it sat in Japan for two of those weeks.

So what do you guys do about loose legs on the newer bodies like the Gaim and Drive lines? Mine are starting to loosen up in the leg/thigh area and it's bothering me but I have no idea what to do.

So what do you guys do about loose legs on the newer bodies like the Gaim and Drive lines? Mine are starting to loosen up in the leg/thigh area and it's bothering me but I have no idea what to do.

they are supposed to be loose, because the Tamashii Gods didn't intend for you or anybody to tamper with their molds

Back