S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Luke is sold out everywhere? Is there any site that still has him? I shouldn't have been so indecisive.:gah:

So Luke is sold out everywhere? Is there any site that still has him? I shouldn't have been so indecisive.:gah:

Yes . Anywhere ? I want to know that too. And will BBTS still send our 1 of each figuarts avenger figures ?

All the Western distributors are somewhat "unsure" whether they will be able to meet all their orders. I think most of them are trying to play it on the safe side...

Apparently, there are several stories going around on why there is a "shortage" of all these figures.

One is that there are licensing issues with Marvel and Star Wars figures at that scale and Hasbro holds the "master license" for figures of that scale in countries like the U.S.A. and China. Due to these "licensing laws", the figures cannot see mass release in those countries. Recognizing this, Bandai-Tamashii has reduced their production numbers and has even "cut back" on the production numbers that they CAN release overseas...likely because they anticipate large sales at home that will bring in more profit. These figures are competition for Hasbro, and even though they won't be in brick & mortar stores, they do cut into the collectible and specialty retail market that Hasbro probably wouldn't want them to. Sideshow has commented in the past about Hasbro's "master license" with Star Wars.

These are a big deal with a lot of legal jargon: Toy License Agreement - Lucas Licensing Ltd. and Hasbro Inc. - FindLaw

That being said...it's still possible they can see a "wider" release in the near future. Remember the Movie Realization Samurai Vader and Stormtrooper? Those were initially Eastern market only releases but have recently been announced to have a special US Release. Likely because Bandai and Hasbro agreed to some deal or Bandai got around the licensing issue since the figures are based on Samurai interpretations of the characters. Either way, Hasbro would be stupid to not look at the option of allowing them for wide distribution in the West at Collectible online shops if they can profit off them some how.

I'm kinda hesitant on ordering Figuarts Vader, for a few reasons:

First, his helmet doesn't come off, or, he doesn't come with an extra head with his helmet off. You can remove his severed hand but not his helmet, wtf? Seems kinda lazy

Second, his cape isn't removable either. I know this is optional but it's also integral to my next point

Thirdly, while the Death Star stage scene they made with it is cool, there is also another "playset" they could've made: his meditation chamber.
MeditationChamber-ESB.jpg
v.jpg

As any fan knows, Vader sits in here without his cape & helmet. I feel like Tamashii can make a Figuarts Vader ver. 2 where all of these features are included, otherwise this standard release feels rushed to me. What do you guys think?

I'm kinda hesitant on ordering Figuarts Vader, for a few reasons:

First, his helmet doesn't come off, or, he doesn't come with an extra head with his helmet off. You can remove his severed hand but not his helmet, wtf? Seems kinda lazy

Second, his cape isn't removable either. I know this is optional but it's also integral to my next point

Thirdly, while the Death Star stage scene they made with it is cool, there is also another "playset" they could've made: his meditation chamber.
View attachment 183876
View attachment 183878

As any fan knows, Vader sits in here without his cape & helmet. I feel like Tamashii can make a Figuarts Vader ver. 2 where all of these features are included, otherwise this standard release feels rushed to me. What do you guys think?

I agree with u, BUT his un-helmeted head will be available but comes with Luke. Didnt know his cape wasnt removable thats lame :(......and yea that meditation chamber is solid, would have been cooler

I have a couple of these in hand and believe the cape is removable. It is attached by two tabs on the back of the shoulders...but they aren't glued in place (at least mine aren't). Just pop off the head and remove the cape I believe. The dome itself can be removed with a little gentle "negotiation". I may be wrong - I will check the figure tonight.

I have a couple of these in hand and believe the cape is removable. It is attached by two tabs on the back of the shoulders...but they aren't glued in place (at least mine aren't). Just pop off the head and remove the cape I believe. The dome itself can be removed with a little gentle "negotiation". I may be wrong - I will check the figure tonight.

awesome I appreciate u checking for us

Vader's head has to be removable if Luke is coming with another head, right? It seems that would be the only way to take off the cape then.

Vader's head has to be removable if Luke is coming with another head, right? It seems that would be the only way to take off the cape then.

yeah theres no doubt the head is removable, question is the cape

Edit: Saw the vid and you can clearly tell the cape is removable, thats awesome. Gonna try a soft goods cape :)

I wish they'd also make Injustice Doomsday since they're already making Superman :) He'd be a cool huge character... maybe Doomsday VS Hulk VS Broly lol :D

Just checked my S.H. Figuarts Vader and yes! :) The cape can come off!!!Just pop off the head and the cape can be removed.

$285 worth of saving. Lotta plastic though...

11218893_10205006176608705_3682338868967228122_n.jpg

I can't deny how awesome that looks. ...Just not worth the money to me though.
Really? U don't think so. The size and lights and articulation? The ML BAF will be around $180 when ur done collecting the pieces for another $80 the SHF is worth it

Really? U don't think so. The size and lights and articulation? The ML BAF will be around $180 when ur done collecting the pieces for another $80 the SHF is worth it

I would rather save my money for other figures. I'm only getting Iron Man Mark 45 and Captain America from the Avengers line.

The Hulkbuster is really cool but I have no interest in a Hulk/Iron Man display that'll be close to around $350.

I would rather save my money for other figures. I'm only getting Iron Man Mark 45 and Captain America from the Avengers line.

The Hulkbuster is really cool but I have no interest in a Hulk/Iron Man display that'll be close to around $350.
Haha I feel ya. Guess if ur not getting hulk no need for hulkbuster. I always wanted the HT movie figs, never liked the ML ones. I feel these are as close to HT as its gonna get for the prices they go for

Haha I feel ya. Guess if ur not getting hulk no need for hulkbuster. I always wanted the HT movie figs, never liked the ML ones. I feel these are as close to HT as its gonna get for the prices they go for

Yeah, definitely. I mean they are insanely detailed. It's a good what, $600 difference between the S.H. Figuart and Hot Toy? This is definitely an amazing substitute.

Back