S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
171006021534599308.jpg

That's what i'm talking about.

So has anyone been able to confirm is this is intended to be a Frieza 2.0 or a PCE edition? Visually, it shares A LOT with the original mold, but that certainly looks like a new head-sculpt given how the sculpting around the eyes is wider.

It's also possibly that was a head-sculpt made LONG AGO by Tamashii and they're just now busting it out for a potential PCE Frieza.

Great way to capitalize on Frieza's resurgence in popularity. I was happy to see him in Resurrection 'F, but his surprise entrance into the Tournament of Power has given a whole new angle to his character and Dragon Ball. It also tremendously raises the stakes knowing that if Universe 7 wins (which they likely "will"), will the heroes honor their promise to resurrect one of their greatest enemies?

SSGSS Goku's arms look a little thinner...did they finally fix him?

Last edited:
Nah, the Frieza is a PCE with different paint apps on the face imo, the legs are a giveaway. The shoulders look different because they used purple for the joint instead of white.

Godku again seems to have better gi colours, and the proportions do seen better, but I'm not holding my breath with how inconsistently he's been shown.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well, some updated face sculpts for Frieza would be great. If anything, hopefully Tamashii does that. Some of his expressions were just....off.

I'd rather have Golden Freezer 2.0 than normal Freezer

But honestly Majin Boo should take priority over ANYONE else. He is LONG overdue at this point (not counting the Figuarts Zero). There's not even a new prototype of him in years, that's unacceptable

Nah, the Frieza is a PCE with different paint apps on the face imo, the legs are a giveaway. The shoulders look different because they used purple for the joint instead of white.

The eyes on the new Frieza are differently shaped and according to some other people, the chest is also sculpted differently.

Chest is identical if you compare the two, the face is simply painted differently, it's still the same yelling face.

If it was a 2.0 it would have the articulation to go with it. It's a PCE, simple as that.

Yeah think so too, you can take a look at the black series section of photos of repaints of those figures, it's insane how much the paint actually makes the sculpt so to speak. Also maybe some people like me thought he had a long nose, but his upper lips actually have a white indentation that's hard to distinguish on the photo, but maybe that's just me. (I don't think Frieza needs a 2.0 either, this is good I'd say, it means less resources wasted on what's a fine figure already and now newly available. PCE's for figures that are plenty fine already is a good thing imo. Make new molds for new characters or old ones that need it.)
@Big D funny you mention Godku's proportions cause I also thought that but I assumed it was just me. It seems highly unlikely.

That survey line-up is interesting. The Tournament has kinda made me regret selling 17&18. Then again I kinda feel like that's just my tough luck, because I'll immediately say there's loads of other releases that warrant being made first for many fans. Even though I'm not sure if I'd buy him, come on, a Buu just needs to get made. It's funny how both of these Buu's fit with ssj3 goku and majin Vegeta so maybe they're nailing it down. I don't expect the absorption Buus anymore unless Gotenks first gets made. Also notable but not a miss imo: no 19 and 20.

Chest is identical if you compare the two, the face is simply painted differently, it's still the same yelling face.

If it was a 2.0 it would have the articulation to go with it. It's a PCE, simple as that.

Pay attention to Deano's post. It may catch you off guard at first but it's a Premium Color release

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

@sirlian woah cant believe you sold 17 and 18, i love those two figures! i have 16, 17, and 18, and i wouldnt sell them because theyre unique pieces in an army of saiyan figures! lol Theyre also pretty well made imo, and 18 feels alot like a figma as well.

im with deano on this one, it's simply a PCE, i felt like people are just overanalyzing it and combined with their wishful thinking. As far as likeness and proportions go, i think the figure was pretty spot on to begin with, the faces are perfect, the only thing was the white swivel joint where the purple should be, even the dragon stars got the right! lol Overall it's a great figure, but i wouldve loved a 2.0 that has him a bit more muscular and taller similar to more of the modern artwork or appearance of him, and ofcourse i would love a 100% version, it would go perfectly with SWA goku.

As far as golden 2.0, gonna have to wait for figurise on that one for now lol

@sirlian woah cant believe you sold 17 and 18, i love those two figures! i have 16, 17, and 18, and i wouldnt sell them because theyre unique pieces in an army of saiyan figures! lol Theyre also pretty well made imo, and 18 feels alot like a figma as well.

im with deano on this one, it's simply a PCE, i felt like people are just overanalyzing it and combined with their wishful thinking. As far as likeness and proportions go, i think the figure was pretty spot on to begin with, the faces are perfect, the only thing was the white swivel joint where the purple should be, even the dragon stars got the right! lol Overall it's a great figure, but i wouldve loved a 2.0 that has him a bit more muscular and taller similar to more of the modern artwork or appearance of him, and ofcourse i would love a 100% version, it would go perfectly with SWA goku.

As far as golden 2.0, gonna have to wait for figurise on that one for now lol
I think I currently own Silrian's Android 17 and 18 now. It's in a good place. XD

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Ya'll mfs stupid arguing about whether Frieza is a PCE or not.

They literally tell you smh.

And don't give me any arguing bs 'cause Cell's has it at the same event so Frieza was one they'd've put it on there.

Look at the nameplates. Open 'em up in a new tab if you needa enlarge.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ya'll mfs stupid arguing about whether Frieza is a PCE or not.

They literally tell you smh.

And don't give me any arguing bs 'cause Cell's has it at the same event so Frieza was one they'd've put it on there.

Look at the nameplates. Open 'em up in a new tab if you needa enlarge.

None of your pics are functional and your name-calling is unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

had to google pics of it on display, but i was able to make up based on a pic i found that his label is "SH figuarts Frieza" which really tells us nothing lol Because they dont label any of the 2.0's as 2.0s. For example super saiyan son gohan (OG) and super saiyan son gohan (2.0), SSJ 3 goku, vegeta etc

so really we just have to wait and see if there's any official announcements down the line.

It’s weird cuz as others mentioned the crotch is the same but other parts are different and the paint app must be really good on the eyes cuz that’s the most distinguishing feature that’s different. The label doesn’t specify either and their Instagram post as well. I honestly don’t know what it could be anymore. At first glance it’s just a PC but upon scrutiny it could be new molding [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back