S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But wait a minute. Wasn't it previously said that the Gods of Destruction and their Angels are spiritually linked? Sidra is gone so by that logic his angel should be in a dormant state. Same with all the other angels once their protégés are erased. Unless the writers forgot their own canon again.

Sure we can say that the Grand Priest or the Zenohs changed the rules for that spiritual link for this tournament, but to my knowledge this was never said in the show* so until they confirm this or another reason, then the writers *****ed up again and leaves us with yet another plot hole in Dragon Ball

*all that was said was that the defeated universes will have everyone and thing erased, the angels excluded. But the God of Destruction/Angel linkage was never mentioned by anyone. That's kind of a huge plot point to just casually ignore.

No, all the Supreme Kais and Gods are linked, not the angels.

Nope, Crisis is correct, in the future Trunks arc Supreme kai confirmed to Goku that the angels go dormant when they have no God of destruction to look after. Iirc Goku asked why Whis didn't intervene when Goku black attacked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As Deano mentioned, Goku Black went to Future Trunks' timeline because Supreme Kai was killed during the battle with Dabura and Babidi. That connection also killed Beerus in the process, as you mentioned nick_clark, but also left Whis in a dormant state, as crisis mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A good friend of mine dropped off the figurise Frieza for me as a gift yesterday. Pretty impressive! Never owned the figuarts frieza but this guy is pretty nice.

94d0c068be6ff8cd1a654f878b2901b1.jpg

I'm very pleased with the Figure-rise Standard Final Form Frieza. Actually prefer it over the S.H.Figuarts Final Form Frieza.

Yeah I'm pretty excited to invest in the line. Already have the saiyan pod vegeta and the ss4 set from GT. On YouTube it looks like someone already had the ssgss goku in hand and it looks solid. Will be grabbing him and vegeta when hopefully they go through with the figure.

I think Super Saiyan Blue Goku is a repaint of Super Saiyan Goku which is a bigger scale than S.H.Figuarts but, besides that, it's a great model kit figure. It's been awhile since its release but the articulation design were top notch for me at the time. I'm glad to see Tamashii Nations is using that articulation design for their newer Goku releases.

I think Super Saiyan Blue Goku is a repaint of Super Saiyan Goku which is a bigger scale than S.H.Figuarts but, besides that, it's a great model kit figure. It's been awhile since its release but the articulation design were top notch for me at the time. I'm glad to see Tamashii Nations is using that articulation design for their newer Goku releases.

Yeah I'm not too worried about the scale. I've owned the figuarts ssgss goku and the articulation design on it was imo not great. The price is also up there for that figure lol

Yeah I'm not too worried about the scale. I've owned the figuarts ssgss goku and the articulation design on it was imo not great. The price is also up there for that figure lol
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku was amazing at the time of its release. I purchased him early at NYCC and was extremely pleased with the product. While there certainly are aspects of it that I would love to see updated, articulation, sculpt, linework, and etc., it's still one of my favorite releases. Tamashii Nations will release another Super Saiyan Blue Goku later down the road though with the current attire and I can't wait to see how it will turn out.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku was amazing at the time of its release. I purchased him early at NYCC and was extremely pleased with the product. While there certainly are aspects of it that I would love to see updated, articulation, sculpt, linework, and etc., it's still one of my favorite releases. Tamashii Nations will release another Super Saiyan Blue Goku later down the road though with the current attire and I can't wait to see how it will turn out.

it's also still one of my favorites as well, especially because i really liked the RoF designs, wish they stuck with them. I also really liked the fact that we finally got a new goku mold along with new sculpt for the hair. I have an extra one for the purpose of of repainting the hair yellow for a mastered SSJ, and having that goku in the base form for the saiyan beyond god aura (was gonna buy clear flame effects for that) look but never got around to it. With the price on that figure suddenly increasing recently idk if i want to paint the hair anymore, but then i dont have any other purpose for it either.

For those who have ultimate gohan, what are your thoughts? Considering as a next purchase

I had this figure back when it was released.

I'm gonna be honest, it totally depends on how you actually like this specific look of the character.

If you look it from a emotional way, it will have a different appeal/felling.

However, if you consider it only for completionism or "only for buying", I would say no.

It is Goku's 1.0 body, with a different head, different effect and if I'm not mistaken with a stage act base.

Honestly, we are in 2017, this 1.0 body just doesn't work anymore (at least for me).

I think after the release of Goku Awakening and many other 2.0 figures, it's hard to look at these old ones.

I like to feel amazed when I buy a figure, Ultimate Gohan certainly doesn't fit in this category of "amazing" for me.

But once again, it's all a matter of perspective, I sold mine 2 weeks after buying it.

It's up to you.

For those who have ultimate gohan, what are your thoughts? Considering as a next purchase

it's honestly a bit lackluster imo. The smirk face was the main draw for me and it looks kind off like the eyes are too far apart, you can tell if you compare it to the proto pick on the box (which looked great btw). After awhile you get use to it though, but yeah, i would say wait, unless you really want that gohan figure, they might release a 2.0 later on to go with tournament of power arc, but gohan apparently never sells well so idk when that will be (but only never selling well because they make bad decisions with his figures lol like the color on the OG teen gohan).

I just realized I never posted my pics of the SS4 models.
View attachment 352054
View attachment 352055
Very cool photos, blogness! What do you think of them? I put mine together awhile ago and I was very impressed by them. So impressed that I feel Tamashii Nations will have to update their prototype quite a bit to make a better product.
A 2.0 mold Vegerot with this paintjob, smash or pass?

View attachment 352062
Pass for me. I'm honestly not big on shading unless it's very subtle. I would rather the sculpting itself capture the shade with my lighting.

Still looks really cool and I really need to get that Banpresto Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku to get that god ki effect.

Thanks, ang! I wanted them but was waiting to see if Tamashii would show off Figuarts SS4 Goku or Vegeta at the last event before I bought them and they didn't. They are pretty damn cool for models. I think they would benefit from some paint for details and to replace the stickers. As you can see they are a bit larger than the Figuarts line which works well for SS4 and Cell but not so much for Buu. The week I finally decided to get them, I found them in Barnes and Noble so rather than wait to get them delivered, I picked them up right then and there. I think they go for like $25-30 online but they were $30-35 at B&N. Great placeholders for the time being.

Back