S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda want to say Scouter Vegeta 2.0 is a mish-mash of parts just to compliment Nappa, since the torso and shoulder pads look identical to the old one, but the rest is clearly taken from Super (saiyan) Vegeta. Its likely we will see a proper 2.0 soon enough which the ab articulation they seem so fond of with the saiyan armor.

I only wait that scouter vegeta 2.0 come with a face looking to the left in order to to this:

Dragon_Ball_Z_Filme_7_720p_Blu-ray_HUGOKAMUS_0001.jpg

Would you be satisfied with a combination of S.H. Figuarts/Figuarts Zero/EX version? Have a solid body but with movable arms and mouth?

yeah, as long as it's appropriately sized. Every Shenron on the market right now just isn't big enough (for me at least)

I only wait that scouter vegeta 2.0 come with a face looking to the left in order to to this:

speaking of which, they need to start including more options for face plate swaps. 2-4 per figure just doesn't cut it anymore. We need more like 6 or 7 (that's a lot, but every character makes a wide range of expressions. it's still blasphemous we never got that smirk face for SS Goku, especially since he's ALWAYS smirking)

speaking of which, which faces should Nappa come with? I'll be happy as long as they include this (which they prolly won't)

3283370-nappa_dies_by_coolness12345-d48ox2d.jpg

#orgasmface

I'm having a debate with someone on reddit about the sizing of Nappa in the new figure... I say Vegeta's hair should barely go past Nappa's shoulders... Their argument is that Vegeta is closer to the camera in the new pictures.

Right...

adc2AX8E.jpg

Attachments

• kwRUuWgk.jpg
    kwRUuWgk.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 118
The Vegeta is most definitely 2.0. The torso articulation is there and here's a crudely drawn arrow pointing to it. It's hard to see since the stand's hooks are in the way. It reuses a lot of the SSJ 2.0 parts but the armor itself is new and even the tail looks different as well.

c9db95896c21f84c069cab72c35570b6.jpg

As far as necessity goes, while the OG was fine, this one compliments the new Nappa and is a good idea given that they wanna reboot the line in a sense. They could always reuse that mold for a Namek Vegeta and an Arlian 2.0 to go with an Arlian Nappa one day. It's not entirely useless lol and it does look pretty good

Edit: Just now realized this Nappa is manga colors. Looks like we'll be getting an SDCC out of him for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i made that image bigger & made some adjustments so you guys can see it more clearly

Untitled.jpg

WOW! What a huge day for Tamashii and ESPECIALLY us Dragon Ball fans!

First off, here's hoping that most if not, ALL, of the figures get made. We got to keep it level given how Tamashii loves to troll us.

Nappa: Nappa looks fantastic and a mighty amazing update to the previous prototype with this armored version! I love the expression he has and the detail looks amazing! Very clever on Tamashii's part to incorporate his kneecap into the knee articulation and it does a good job of making the articulation look a bit more natural. I don't think the armor is removable but I think they have put the common diaphragm joint right under his pectoral (chest) muscle armor plates. It looks like there's a bit of ability for articulation there.

Scouter Vegeta: Naturally, this is a must. If you're going to do a new Nappa, might as well do a new Scouter Vegeta to "pair" him with. Once again this is Tamashii's pattern and it's a great re-use of the new SSJ Vegeta 2.0's parts. You can basically re-use the lower body, arms, hands, head, etc. Might have to include a modified face sculpt for the scouter, but otherwise this is a fantastic looking figure. I really hope they come through on this.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku 2.0: The WINNER! And I must say, myself and few others CALLED THIS ONE! If they were going to introduce a new 2.0 Goku mold with one of his forms, it MUST be on the arguable "weakest" Goku of the original releases, the OG SSJ3. And they knocked it out of the park. First off, I love that the head-sculpt looks more anime accurate and the tampagraph assist greatly with that. My big concern is "how are they going to do the hair?" Because once again we see another stand "holding" the head and hair up...which makes me concerned about its weight. I'd love to see other angles and I hope someone is able to snap those eventually. I'm predicting this is the Fall/Winter 2017 *big* release. If you want to finish your Fourth Quarter on high numbers, this is the release to go with. The rest of the figure looks fantastic, he's more muscular and bulky like SSJ3 should be, I love the incorporation of the knees into the knee joint but curious to see how that looks in dynamic poses and whether it "breaks up" the nice natural flow too much that they have while standing straight. Silrian brought up a good point about what happened to the "rounded" knee joint of the SSJ4 Goku prototype? That was a great way to make the knee look natural.

I think Tamashii is favoring the idea of going with double-jointed knees for the Goku and Goku-like molds. Obviously, they did it with some of the earlier releases like Trunks, SSJ Vegeta, etc. but it looks like they want to make it uniform now. I hope they can work on making them look more natural though like Broly's knees. You can see how they "break up" on the Yamcha mold.

SSJ Gotenks: A pleasant surprise to see Gotenks finally! I hope they also include a regular mode head or at least a SSJ3 Gotenks head since he spends a lot of time in that form fighting Buu. This figure is nicely done throughout and I have zero complaints. The ghosts are a nicely added touch and I wonder how many will actually come with the figure.

Holy crap, last year the event came and was mildly interesting. SSj3. Greta was neat but most of the Goku figures they showed were underwhelming. Champs and. Adds were the only real highlight.

This year I want release dates for everything immediately!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My biggest worry is that some of these figures are merely just "prototype teases" again. I'd say I'm 100% confident we're getting the SSJ3 Goku, but every other figure is something that is fishy to me.

If Tamashii trolls us with this new Nappa, that is some brutal hate there! :lol

Holy crap, last year the event came and was mildly interesting. SSj3. Greta was neat but most of the Goku figures they showed were underwhelming. Champs and. Adds were the only real highlight.

This year I want release dates for everything immediately!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think everything from last year went back to the drawing board for the new articulation. DB Super has injected a new found interest in the franchise, woth the 2017 English dub set for release I think we will witness a hard release in 2017 and beyond for this line.

I'm surprised we haven't seen any Super stuff. I was expecting Black at the very least although maybe he'll be one of those surprise, already has a release date announcements.

Is there anyone who likes the new knee joints (Yamcha, Tenshin, Goku SSJ3) ? Those joints look like the figure rise ones

That SSJ3 Goku 2.0 is so far away. It's breaking my heart lol.

I'm willing to bet that if this Nappa meets sales expectations, then they will reconsider releasing the armorless "battle-damaged" version (we've got battle damaged SS Goku and SS2 Gohan so anything's possible)

They can also benefit from Nappa not once, not twice, but thrice, by releasing his Arlia variant as an SDCC EX

View attachment 301316

@Silrian i believe his upper chest armor is articulated if you look closely
The armorless version will be great alongside the Kaio-Ken Goku. I totally want to replicate Goku doing the Kaio Ken Finish on Nappa...or maybe busting it out against Vegeta...

it's kind of awesome how we actually have everything we need to replicate Goku vs. Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga :panic:

If Tamashii trolls us with this new Nappa, that is some brutal hate there! :lol

oh we're def getting Nappa, there's no way they would make another prototype of him after all these years of absence with no intention on releasing it

The armorless version will be great alongside the Kaio-Ken Goku. I totally want to replicate Goku doing the Kaio Ken Finish on Nappa...or maybe busting it out against Vegeta...

it's kind of awesome how we actually have everything we need to replicate Goku vs. Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga :panic:

that reminds me of that SSG Goku prototype, wonder if they still intend on releasing it? it looked great

12190921_566107576870773_1980862867993246430_n.jpg

Back