S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, I'm just happy to finally get a vegeta head with black hair... I can't remember, the 2.0 heads are not compatible with the previous releases, correct?

Nappa has not a release date, so it's still possible he can obtain a couple more inches if feedback works properly. Just remember the awful A18 prototype vs. Bandai's final product.

After so long waiting, he deserves it!

Nappa has not a release date, so it's still possible he can obtain a couple more inches if feedback works properly. Just remember the awful A18 prototype vs. Bandai's final product.

After so long waiting, he deserves it!

any of this new greats figures have a release date :( unfortunately :(

nintendo switch = 300$ + scouter vegeta 2.0 = 50$ + ssj3 goku 2.0 = 50$ + yamcha = 50$ + tenshinhan=50$ + PCE Cell = 60$ + ssj vegeta 2.0 = 55$ Total = 615$ (without no games for NSwitch)

* all prices are average
* all prices not include shipping
* all prices not include tax

My Wallet = :( :gah: :horror *_*

Keep in mind, the Nintendo system will likely be available for a long time, but some of the figures may not be unless they seriously increase the production amount for the new ones.

Video games are fun, but the way I see it collectibles come first because you don't know how long you'll be able to get them for retail price, while a consoles price will likely decrease with time.

I know waiting is a beeotch at times, but If anything, collecting high end collectibles has taught me levels of patience I never knew I could have.

SS3 goku is amazing... I also really like Kai-ken goku. I hope it's not a limited release.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku received 2.0 update and Tamashii Nations knocked it out of the park. Couldn't be happier. Updated knee sculpt, updated waist and torso articulation, the newly sculpted bigger arms, and he's very stocky around the face, neck, and chest. It's amazingly well crafted.

Kaio-ken Goku is mostly like for show. He appears to be a repainted SDCC/Galeria Exclusive. That's not how he'll look when that version is eventually released.

ermagerd
I'm willing to bet that if this Nappa meets sales expectations, then they will reconsider releasing the armorless "battle-damaged" version (we've got battle damaged SS Goku and SS2 Gohan so anything's possible)

They can also benefit from Nappa not once, not twice, but thrice, by releasing his Arlia variant as an SDCC EX

View attachment 301316

@Silrian i believe his upper chest armor is articulated if you look closely

Ohw okay, also actually, this is the arlia color scheme for nappa. Can't believe I didn't realize it, or from what I've seen, anyone else here. Why the frig did they choose his first appearance anime color.
latest

I would say its more inbetween the two color schemes Sil, its a mustard color, not quite brown not quite gold, but you are right, thats incredibly odd.

I dont see that ssj4 Goku coming out now, not without them updating the leg articulation.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If some of yous wanna see a taller Napper, then yous gonna hafta wait till Tamashii unveils their inevitable 3.0 tooling in a couple years and re-do every release yet again :lol

I gotta say, I'm disappointed in all the knee joints. What happened to that awesome new one ssj4 goku had? (What happened to that proto in general...XD There's so much displayed but unannounced protos now.)

I heard Tamashii is going to see how well Figuarts Zero EX SSJ4 Goku will sell to decide how soon SHF version will be released

I think Tamashii used the armored Nappa to get a few other characters out of it. Not just the option of different colored Nappa's, but Captain Ginyu and other armored characters. Hell, take that and SS3 Goku hair and you pretty much have 3/4 of a Radditz.

The knee joint on that SS4 Goku looks similar if not the same as the SHF Ryu's knees

FullSizeRender.jpg

I heard Tamashii is going to see how well Figuarts Zero EX SSJ4 Goku will sell to decide how soon SHF version will be released

Hm, I'm not sure how accurate or appropriate that test will be for Tamashii Nations. The Figuarts Zero EX line is for a different market that will pay a higher price for a higher quality product.

yeah i prefer the rounded knee joints on baggy pants, the sculpted knee pads kind of work for krillin, trunks, and gotenks beceause sculpt-wise their pants are too baggy. For yamcha, tien, and goku though, when the knee bends theyll just be big flat chunks of pants. With rounded knee joints the bent knee would look okay while still able to have the legs look good when straight (similar to old style legs looking good when legs are straight). I'm sure i'll adjust to it either way and I am happy that the possibility of these new figures could even be on the horizon, so it is what it is lol

Honestly, i dont see how people think that scouter 2.0 looks the same as the old one, it doesnt look like it at all. I am hoping they change the hair and the shoulders though in the final product (if they do release it).

That ssj 4 goku does still look pretty good though, but there's a chance they could be retooling him into the 2.0 style, but i really want them to keep those rounded knee joints vs knee pads (although the knee pads are arguably a bit better than the 1.0 style legs).

Also light up effect parts? count me in on that man! Also hoping kaio ken goku isnt some sort of con exclusive either, im pretty down to get that figure haha

Honestly, i dont see how people think that scouter 2.0 looks the same as the old one, it doesnt look like it at all. I am hoping they change the hair and the shoulders though in the final product (if they do release it).

I don't see how people think they look the exact same either, there are subtle differences i can easily point out. However, on the other hand, I still don't see the need for it at all. Will it be able to do any extra poses that the original can't already do? Prolly not. It looks great but it's not mind-blowing to the point where I absolutely must replace the old one with it. It might even come with fewer accessories than the original. I don't recall seeing a large demand for a Scouter Vegeta re-do. I'm looking at it as an opportunity for those that missed out on buying it the first time

b-but i'm gonna still buy it anyway -_- i just wish they used those resources towards Raditz, hell even Bardock, that's all

Omfg they're remaking SSJ3 Goku. Ordering 2. I. Need. It...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious to see what else Tamashii Nations has to display. Will there be more S.H. Figuarts prototypes or will the rest of the weekend be the Figuarts Zero and Figuarts Zero EX displays?

yeah i prefer the rounded knee joints on baggy pants, the sculpted knee pads kind of work for krillin, trunks, and gotenks beceause sculpt-wise their pants are too baggy. For yamcha, tien, and goku though, when the knee bends theyll just be big flat chunks of pants. With rounded knee joints the bent knee would look okay while still able to have the legs look good when straight (similar to old style legs looking good when legs are straight). I'm sure i'll adjust to it either way and I am happy that the possibility of these new figures could even be on the horizon, so it is what it is lol

That ssj 4 goku does still look pretty good though, but there's a chance they could be retooling him into the 2.0 style, but i really want them to keep those rounded knee joints vs knee pads (although the knee pads are arguably a bit better than the 1.0 style legs).

Also light up effect parts? count me in on that man! Also hoping kaio ken goku isnt some sort of con exclusive either, im pretty down to get that figure haha

Yeah, it's certainly a 2.0 Scouter Vegeta with 2.0 Super Saiyan Vegeta re-uses. If Tamashii Nations resculpts the hair and uses Super Saiyan Trunks shoulders, it'll look fantastic.

S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan 4 Goku is definitely being updated and I wouldn't be surprised if it will look very different from the past couple of prototypes. At least, that's what I'm hoping. Between the Tien, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Super Saiyan 4 Goku prototypes, Super Saiyan 4 is the least muscular. They could easily re-use Tien's lower half and mold fur over his shoulders, resculpt a new chest, and then mold fur over Super Saiyan 3 Goku's arms to give a superb Super Saiyan 4 Goku.

I'm curious to see what else Tamashii Nations has to display. Will there be more S.H. Figuarts prototypes or will the rest of the weekend be the Figuarts Zero and Figuarts Zero EX displays?

Hopefully Shenron is still on the list, they need to release that thing already (my holy grail)

I don't see how people think they look the exact same either, there are subtle differences i can easily point out. However, on the other hand, I still don't see the need for it at all. Will it be able to do any extra poses that the original can't already do? Prolly not. It looks great but it's not mind-blowing to the point where I absolutely must replace the old one with it. It might even come with fewer accessories than the original. I don't recall seeing a large demand for a Scouter Vegeta re-do. I'm looking at it as an opportunity for those that missed out on buying it the first time

b-but i'm gonna still buy it anyway -_- i just wish they used those resources towards Raditz, hell even Bardock, that's all

yeah i agree with you crisis. It's likely this is for those who missed out on the original, and like you i may still buy this one anyway lol I think at the time the bigger demand was for SSJ vegeta, but i do remember everyone loving scouter vegeta because he came loaded with accessories, still the figure with the best bang for you buck in the line imo.

as for Shenron you could get him in a BAF lol for those cheaper dbz figures that someone posted about awhile back, i think theyre gonna be marvel legends priced?

Scouter Vegeta 1.0 was one of the best S.H Figuarts releases in the line but there's really no harm in updating it. Could a Premium Color have sufficed? Possibly but take into consideration Tamashii Nation's ideas of premium coloring. Was it needed? Maybe not. Does it look great next to Nappa? Absolutely. As many people that have demanded Nappa, Tamashii Nations is going to take every precaution with his release and that includes developing a new Scouter Vegeta to help boost the sales.

Hopefully Shenron is still on the list, they need to release that thing already (my holy grail)

Would you be satisfied with a combination of S.H. Figuarts/Figuarts Zero/EX version? Have a solid body but with movable arms and mouth?

Back